i was really really really surprised on its 2mp camera. it is so very clear and ivid especially during d day. even my classmate who owned a 5mp samsung f480. and besides, its a cute phone cause of its size
Good day to everyone! I have just bought this phone for PhP 5, 180 at Aerophone here in Cebu. I am using it as a secondary phone with the N82 being my primary. But before I have bought this M3510, I have owned the Nokia 5220 Xpress Music as my secondary phone too. Well, my comparison on the 5220 XM and M3510.
Advantages of M3510:
1. Display is stunning. Very bright and vivid display for a Php 5K phone.
2. Bundled headset is of above average quality. It is an in-ear type of headset and the sound is very rich and bassy through it.
3. Volume is very loud through the bundled headset and the sound, even at maximum volume, never distorts nor creaks.
4. During a call, the earpiece's volume is excessively strong and I even set the volume to 3 out of 7 (Thumbs up for the strong volume during calls).
5. Very nice menu transition effects.
6. Very good number of preset equalizers (AutoEQ, Normal, Rock, Jazz, Live, Classic, Bass, Dance, Pop, Wide, Dynamic, Surround).
7. 2 megapixel camera is very good in daylight. It really surprised me upon seeing it for the first time on a 2 MP camera phone. You know, it isn't a N82 standard but compared to the most 2 MP cameraphones out there, this will easily rank as among the best.
8. Can record FM radio broadcasts.
9. You can connect two headsets at the same time and the music will be heard on the two headsets. The first one will be connected on the 3.5 mm jack while the other one is on the proprietary Samsung S20 connector jack. And good news is that, the M3510 comes bundled with a 3.5 mm adapter for the S20 jack so you'll get two 3.5 mm connectors!
Now for the disadvantages of the M3510:
1. Java applications storage is limited to 4 MB.
2. You cannot create your own or custom equalizer. You have to live with the presets provided.
3. Stereo Widening surprisingly isn't found on this phone.
4. SMS memory is limited to 300.
5. User interface response is sluggish. Though not to the extent that it will hang or refuse to respond. But sometimes with day to day usage like emergency texts or calls, its slow speed will get in the way.
6. Keypad is good...but it's not well spaced as there are no distinct touch orientation on the keys.
7. Battery cover is extremely difficult to remove most especially if you have sweaty hands and you'll end up pressing the keypad so hardly just to remove the cover.
8. Battery life is not so good. I get 2 days out of it even with just minimal usage.
9. Loudspeaker and earpiece are combined into one(typical for Samsung phones). Loudspeaker is not so loud but the sound does not distort.
Advantages of 5220 over M3510:
1. Sound quality of the 5220 through headset is much more naturalistic and seems to represent better high fidelity (HiFi) sounding than this M3510. Though I cannot recommend the 5220 to bass freaks since it has a distorted bass but for the folks out there that would prefer "Natural" sound over bass, 5220 is the way to go. Plus, it has better stereo effect on it and the sound is too dynamic making the sound much more naturalistic. On the other hand, if you want strong bass, go for M3510.
2. Menu response of the 5220 is much better than the M3510. Though, the gallery (labeled "My Files") on the M3510 is faster than the 5220. But when it comes to menu scrolling, 5220 is faster.
3. 5220 has the ability to create up to 2 custom equalizers and "Stereo Widening" option is present.
4. Whenever you change SIM card, the 5220 automatically selects the configuration settings appropriate for the SIM card inserted for you to send an MMS or browse the web without digging the menus and manually changing the settings. In the M3510, you have to go to the respective settings and manually change them to the settings appropriate for the SIM card used.
5. Battery life of the 5220 is better than the M3510. I usually get 2 days on very extensive usage.
Disadvantages of 5220:
1. Bass of 5220 distorts at maximum bass and/or volume settings.
2. Loudspeaker of 5220 provides unpleasantly distorted sound and "Treble" is much more pronounced than the voices and bass.
3. Camera of 5220 is no good at all.
4. Display of 5220 is not so bright and it has a narrow viewing angle.
Final Note: M3510 is a good phone and has a decent sound quality. Just make sure that your audio files have a bit rate of at least 128 kbps (192 - 320 kbps recommended). Because lower than 128 kbps, the quality of sound will sound like mono and not stereo.
As of now, these are the things that I have observed. I'm hoping that I have helped. I'll keep you guys updated as soon as I discover more PRO's and CON's of this phone. =)
can we download pdf and office document files in this phone using opera mini or built-in browser?
the motion control is quite pointless. pressing music function keys are much better than motion control (motion control almost not working). and for the tapping to play/pause, you have to tap so hard (almost sending your phone flying and crashing down the table)...
and i wonder why it can't play mp4 videos which can be played in my samsung e250...
does this phone offer document reader+editor? cuz i'd really like to buy this phone :-)
pinoy_guy, 11 Sep 2009how did u download opera mini step by step and what version did u use? please help me, i downl... moreI m using opera mini 4.2. Just select browser menu then go to mini.opera.com. Its quite weird for me because the wapsite cant recognize my phone type. But there is a link to download opera mini. At first i cant install it,there is a problem with my internet setting. Then i check it,but everything was fine, there was no problem with my setting. So i switch off my phone then restart it. I try to open my opera then it installed and i can use it untill now
Is any body will tell me...is any option to run mig33 or ebuddy .....any one plz reply to email@example.com
aaunik, 09 Sep 20091.opera mini works or not????? 2.tell me about battery life... 3.wut abt camera....Opera mini is work and battery life is 2-3 days because i use it.
is this a user friendly phone ??
i'm planing to have one, is it better than nokia 5310xm?? tnx
guys can we download and save mp3 and other contents with opera mini like in sony-ericsson & nokia phones?
it's really important cause i like this phone and want to buy it.
Can anybody tell me, what does bonton mean on this phone? it's happening when i'm listening to music... I bought it completely legal, and it is working great. :)
Lee, 10 Sep 2009Just bought this set 3 days ago. Opera mini works fine. But the default browser isnt that good... morehow did u download opera mini step by step and what version did u use? please help me, i downloaded operamini 4.2 but it wont install when i click yes on the queastion " allow internet connection?"...