Sony Xperia sola - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.3
7.2
7.1

> In reply to glenn @ 2012-07-13 05:18 from tSmt - click to readhey...can you tell me 3 things about the phone..??
1. how good is the display..??
2. does the phone have good speed while networking..??
3. is the speaker and earphone really not that loud..??
im asking you cause i also have a plan to buy this phone..

• 2012-07-13 21:08
  • ut6F

> In reply to Pipe @ 2012-07-13 17:13 from w4X5 - click to readoh..another thing..i'll suggest you to switch off the phone while charging..it may help the battery to last a bit longer..!!

• 2012-07-13 21:02

• 2012-07-13 21:02
  • ut6F

> In reply to Pipe @ 2012-07-13 17:13 from w4X5 - click to readit is difficult to manage...because the Sola and the xperia U...both has much higher resolution than other phones of it's class...and regarding that much resolution over the configurations of these 2 phones..the short life battery is no wonder..!! and besides...when your using a good smartphone you should not think of the battery life..!!

• 2012-07-13 21:00
  • ut6F

> In reply to [deleted post]the price here in india is 19000/-...and if your not in a place where networks are good...then this phone may cause you trouble sometimes while using the internet..!!i'll suggest you to buy the xperia P (22000/-)...rather than the sola..though i'm also looking to buy sola...!! :P

• 2012-07-13 20:53
  • ut6F

I'm not from bangladesh so I dont know where you can buy this. look at sony phone shops. they should have one of these.

Also its around 350$ US dollars in our country, just convert it to your dollar to your currency exchange rate

• 2012-07-13 19:48
  • sxw{

what is the maximum battery life , after putting the phone lowest brightness and and other settings..?

• 2012-07-13 19:38
  • vGer

> In reply to glenn @ 2012-07-13 05:18 from tSmt - click to readHey Glenn,
I am going to buy the phone tomorrow.
I Appreciate your reply.
One thing i was told by a sales rep in a store in Mumbai that the phone supports 32gb pen drive (USB-on-the-go.
Can you clarify this, he was dead sure about it.
Thanks a lot mate

• 2012-07-13 17:54
  • PUh2

Hey , I bought this model 4 days back and i generally charge it it 100%, however the battery back up stay for only one day without making calls or accessing it. Can anyone suggest me to improve my battery back up? Thank you.

• 2012-07-13 17:13
  • w4X5

Overall a good phone in terms of user experience and value for money.

• 2012-07-13 09:16
  • xTJH

Frankly speaking i bought this phone and returned back withing 2 hours. I had expected something good,but everything is bad. My advice is not to go for it.

• 2012-07-13 08:52
  • 2@x3

also, use ordinary wallpapers only, not the live wallpapers to save battery life. download "Go task manager" from google play. and find other utility apps. also reduce the number of widgets in your screen. widgets are like MINI applications the run and consume battery

• 2012-07-13 07:49
  • tSmt

download from the market, "Go task manager"
make a shortcut outside, access it everytime to kill all apps. to free memory and make sure next app will not lag.
Some android apps, still run when yung press home button or back,(similar to minimizing window on a windows PC). So it may consume your battery faster. Use the GO task manager to kill all apps when you standby so you wont wast precious battery

• 2012-07-13 07:47
  • tSmt

I bought sola yesterday, except low earphone volume and low battery back up phone is excellant!!!
Can anyone suggest me top 5 most useful apps for sola please???

• 2012-07-13 07:40
  • U2dx

> In reply to Vinu89 @ 2012-07-10 13:12 from b$2W - click to readThank you for the info.
I bought this phone last night.. yes the ear phone volume is low and low battery back up. Rest everything is just fantastic!!!!!! untill now!

• 2012-07-13 07:32
  • U2dx

@paul
when the phone hangs/freezes and you need to restart it.
just hold the power button and click the volume up key until it vibrates, when it vibrates, release it then the phone will turn off.
-PS I'm a sola user

• 2012-07-13 05:18
  • tSmt

I don't know why are you having network problems. But my unit works perfectly fine. I get continuous wifi or 3g/hsdpa internet connection. I am able to update files and games without being disconnected. I can run 3d games such as deadspace and emulators for playstation one and gba. I play tekken 3, finanl fantasy 9 etc without lag. My phone is not rooted. and I'm not planning to root it to make full use of sony's support. It really is a great phone. The only problem that I find is the speakers are on the back, so putting it face up on the table blocks the speaker. also 512mb ram is good but It should have 1gig ram so I can optimize multitasking specially when running hardcore 3d games.

• 2012-07-13 05:15

Hi guys,
I am planning to buy this phone in a week time.
Can existing user shed some light on the Display & Network issues mentioned here in the earlier opinions.
Also will the battery last for a day for normal users.
I read it is a non-user replaceable battery, we generally remove the battery if the device hangs,what to do with this phone incase it hangs?

Awaiting reply!

Thanks,
Paul

• 2012-07-13 03:56
  • b%2X

i bought the phone and overall a very good phone, although the screen isnt exactly scratch resistant

• 2012-07-12 22:20
  • pJqg

does the phone have an option to use the previous setting of older sony phones, were in you have the shortcuts on the four sides of the homescreen?? im just checking all new sony handsets and planning to buy one as my back up phone.. thanks

• 2012-07-12 17:40
  • Qu8c
Total of 5107 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia sola.