Sony Xperia sola - user opinions and reviews

Sony

7.2
7.2
7.0

I bought sola yesterday, except low earphone volume and low battery back up phone is excellant!!!
Can anyone suggest me top 5 most useful apps for sola please???

• 2012-07-13 07:40
  • U2dx

> In reply to Vinu89 @ 2012-07-10 13:12 from b$2W - click to readThank you for the info.
I bought this phone last night.. yes the ear phone volume is low and low battery back up. Rest everything is just fantastic!!!!!! untill now!

• 2012-07-13 07:32
  • U2dx

@paul
when the phone hangs/freezes and you need to restart it.
just hold the power button and click the volume up key until it vibrates, when it vibrates, release it then the phone will turn off.
-PS I'm a sola user

• 2012-07-13 05:18
  • tSmt

I don't know why are you having network problems. But my unit works perfectly fine. I get continuous wifi or 3g/hsdpa internet connection. I am able to update files and games without being disconnected. I can run 3d games such as deadspace and emulators for playstation one and gba. I play tekken 3, finanl fantasy 9 etc without lag. My phone is not rooted. and I'm not planning to root it to make full use of sony's support. It really is a great phone. The only problem that I find is the speakers are on the back, so putting it face up on the table blocks the speaker. also 512mb ram is good but It should have 1gig ram so I can optimize multitasking specially when running hardcore 3d games.

• 2012-07-13 05:15
  • tSmt

Hi guys,
I am planning to buy this phone in a week time.
Can existing user shed some light on the Display & Network issues mentioned here in the earlier opinions.
Also will the battery last for a day for normal users.
I read it is a non-user replaceable battery, we generally remove the battery if the device hangs,what to do with this phone incase it hangs?

Awaiting reply!

Thanks,
Paul

• 2012-07-13 03:56
  • b%2X

i bought the phone and overall a very good phone, although the screen isnt exactly scratch resistant

• 2012-07-12 22:20
  • pJqg

does the phone have an option to use the previous setting of older sony phones, were in you have the shortcuts on the four sides of the homescreen?? im just checking all new sony handsets and planning to buy one as my back up phone.. thanks

• 2012-07-12 17:40
  • Qu8c

Hey Guys
i am gonna buy a new mobile and quite confused i wanna mobile with average price 330$ so is the xperia sola good or should i look for another mobile as (x ray - x pro - x arc s - htc incredible s)
***and another question which is better gpu (Mali-400 or Adreno 205)

• 2012-07-12 16:00
  • Nr7J

> In reply to hiten khaire @ 2012-07-11 20:30 from u7JS - click to readPlease take it to Sony service centre as there are many Sola units having display hardware issue. If so, Sony will replace your unit.

• 2012-07-12 09:19
  • vLyx

> In reply to gaurav @ 2012-07-11 19:52 from vI93 - click to readHi Gaurav,
Update the firmware to latest iteration. I had the same issue but after updating firmware issue is resolved. If problem persists take it to Sony service centre.

• 2012-07-12 09:17
  • vLyx

i bought Sola 1 month back, i waited to buy this phone for 3 months but everything went in vein. Internet is too slow, while connecting WIFI it shows error and now my screen is not working properly. SONY i m ur fan but now i m worried to buy ur products.

• 2012-07-11 20:30
  • u7JS

can anybody plz tell me some solution to diz netwrk problem????? Itz realy annoying.., hv to restart d fone again nd again to gain network access...

• 2012-07-11 19:52
  • vI93

> In reply to Itz_mee @ 2012-07-10 06:35 from U2dx - click to readvery low! I am not happy with it's performance

• 2012-07-11 14:47
  • vGUV

> In reply to Spot @ 2012-07-10 13:37 from KAx0 - click to readhi friend..i hv got xperia sola 1 month back n facing d same problem with network..sony must clearify this problem otherwise its difficult to believe their moto " make..believe"..i went to service centre n expecting d replacement..otherwise d handset is really very good

• 2012-07-11 12:41
  • t}c$

when i ON the wifi isnt ON,its go to error,why??

• 2012-07-11 11:58
  • JHCG

the speaker not supposed to be at the back side of the phone..when people call, i cant hear the ringtones

• 2012-07-10 17:48
  • tu6x

I am using Sony Xepria sola from the past few days it has a network disconnection problem which disconeets from network every 30 Min , Any sony support is not helpfulon this. Almost each and every Sony xperia user faces this. it has 99 good feature but the 1 required crtically has problem i.e connecting to network for reciving calls

• 2012-07-10 13:37
  • KAx0

> In reply to Itz_mee @ 2012-07-10 06:35 from U2dx - click to readHi ,

The in call volume is low. But , it is definitely manageable. You will have a hard time only when the environment is very crowded. Otherwise it is cool !!!

• 2012-07-10 13:12
  • b$2W

its very good

• 2012-07-10 10:58
  • bCqH

I recent purchased SXS and i super love it but i need to download app for notepad, voice recorder and dictionary and these are the important features i need on the phone that i though it was already pre-programed. Although i still like it.

• 2012-07-10 09:54
  • FMY8
Total of 5094 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia sola.