Today is Apple software update day. We've already told you about the biggest new release from the company, namely iOS 10.1. That's going out to supported devices right now, adding Portrait Mode for the iPhone 7 Plus. But Apple hasn't forgotten its other operating systems either.
Both watchOS 3.1 and macOS Sierra 10.12.1 are now up for grabs as well. Unlike iOS, these updates are all about fixing bugs and improving performance. The new software for the Apple Watch comes with the following changelog:
- New option to replay bubble and full screen effects in Messages
- Messages effects can play with Reduce Motion enabled
- Fixes an issue that could cause the notification for Timer complete to be delivered twice
- Resolves an issue that could prevent Apple Watch Series 2 from fully charging
- Resolves an issue where Activity rings may disappear from the watch face
- Fixes an issue that prevented Force Touch options from appearing in some third-party apps
As usual, updating the Apple Watch is done through its app on your iPhone. watchOS 3.1 is available for all Apple Watch versions. It requires iOS 10 or later on the iPhone your watch is connected to.
Moving on to the Mac, the new Sierra release brings with it the following changes according to Apple:
- Adds an automatic smart album in Photos for Depth Effect images taken on iPhone 7 Plus
- Improves the compatibility of Microsoft Office when using iCloud Desktop and Documents
- Fixes an issue that may prevent Mail from updating when using a Microsoft Exchange account
- Fixes an issue that caused text to sometimes paste incorrectly when using Universal Clipboard
- Improves reliability of Auto Unlock with Apple Watch
- Improves security and stability in Safari
You can grab it by using the Software Update function found inside the Mac App Store.
Really? Do you check the other threads? Who "done" the haters?
Ill start by saying that this, as always, will get a lot of hate, because its an Apple thread.
Nice work I like it I am going for fixing watchos3.1