it does'nt have whitE??? ouch how sad!!!:(( just reply me here on my comment if you already have white:) i'll look foarward to buy that phone:)
HTC's new Sense user interface ported to the Motorola Droid/milestone
AAC, H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WAV, WMA, eAAC+, OGG, AMR WB, AMR NB, AAC+, MIDI
VIDEO CAPTURE RATE
DVD quality (720x480 resolution) up to 24 fps capture; up to 30 fps playback
DATA TRANSMISSION RATE6
USB 2.0 High Speed
GPS AND LOCATION SERVICES1
aGPS (assisted), sGPS (simultaneous), Google Maps™, Google Maps™ Navigation (BETA), Google Latitude™, Google Maps Street View, eCompass
Corporate (Exchange 2003 and 2007), Gmail™, IMAP, POP3, Attachment and browser document viewer (Microsoft Office® and pdf)
MULTIMEDIA MESSAGING (MMS)4
TEXT MESSAGING (SMS)4
INSTANT MESSAGING (IM)4
IMAGE FILE FORMATS
BMP, PNG, GIF, JPEG
Standard voice mail, Verizon Visual Voice Mail™ (capable
Webkit HTML5 with geo location and multiple windows, Adobe with Flash Player 10.1(TM) Ready (for release date see Adobe.com)
Stereo Bluetooth® technology v2.1 + EDR (profiles supported: HFP, HSP, A2DP, AVRCP, PBAP, and OPP for video/still images)
Support for Corporate calendar, email and contacts (Exchange 2003 and 2007), Google contacts, calendar and Gmail™, Facebook™ contacts
The web is richer. Photos are sharper. Videos pop. It has the most advanced browser and Android 2.0 software with a blazing-fast processor and 3G speed for faster search. It has the world's thinnest QWERTY slider at 13.7mm. It can help you navigate turn-by-turn. It has a 5MP camera with a flash, plus loads of great camera features and a DVD-quality recorder to capture all the richer, bigger, wider experiences you're going to have.
It's the phone with the "Hi" IQ
I live in Brazil and I will travel to US next month, so if I buy one unlocked Droid there (here we call it Milestone), will it work in my country?
I just started to download apps this weekend (had the phone for about 2 wks now, only my unlimited data plan didn't start til last week), whew, I certainly had lots of fun!
Everything is user friendly. Read the comments on the market first, then download it and install. If I don't like it, simply uninstall it. Things was never as easy on WM like my previous A3100.
Apps where I live are 100% free due to the fact the operators haven't reeached any agreement regarding how to collect the $.
Haven't had so much fun for years on recent Moto phones.
i like milestone design
but why motorola just make black color
i like silver
anyway very beter than n900
Link to the Droid user manual. (US version of course, Verizon Wireless website)
Why, if this phone is Qband, I can't use an European Milestone in Argentina or other countries within LatAm?
Root your phone, change everything about it, including upgrades to Android 2.1.
after 10days use milestone :
the quality and material are excelent
and Assemble too
display is wide and gorgeous
display is very responsive and punctual
the design is my love with shape corner
both physical and virtual qwerty keyboard are excellent to type masege
camera quality is very good and camrecorder too
but it can do it beter in new firmware
sound quality is excelent and is loud
in headphone the sound is like ipod !
phone speed is awsome ans phone is multitasking very well
and open web with wifi is very fast
and search around the web site in unrivaled display is very funy and interesting
and multi touching is very very usefull in web watching
and with physical keyboard milestone worked like the laptop
the game player in milestone is wow
thnacks for powerfull gpu
this phone is realy perfect and best android in the market
and sorry for bad english
It’s thin. Just slightly thicker than an iPhone 3GS and the thinnest QWERTY-slider we’ve ever seen.
It is the fastest Android device we’ve ever used. (It’s running a TI OMAP3430 processor)
The feel of the device is very reminiscent of the OQO 02 model computer. Just smaller.
It’s metal with a non-spring-assisted slide, very sturdy, and half soft-touch plastic.
Awesome capacitive display. Plus it’s huge. Easily the best screen we’ve ever seen on an Android handset, and an amazing screen overall.
The QWERTY keyboard is actually pretty usable and has a soft-touch rubberized finish. We’ve been told the keyboard design isn’t final on this unit, thus the two no-shows. Have we mentioned this phone flies? It’s the Android device to beat, and easily the most impressive.
From what we’ve been told, Google had a direct hand in the Motorola Droid. Something to the point of almost dictating every move Motorola made when designing and making the phone. Interesting, huh? There’s a desktop cradle/charger that will ship with the Motorola Droid that we’ve been playing around with. It turns your Droid into a “multimedia station” and displays local weather, the time, etc. No one wants to listen, but it makes the CLIQ looks like a child’s toy (partly because it is, and partly because the Droid, even in its non-final form, is the most impressive phone we’ve used since the iPhone. It’s positively amazing).
first android 2 phone
TFT 3.7" wvga 480*854 pixels 16:9 wide screen
quick office , facebook , youtube , gmail , google calender sync , google map with strrt view , google quick search box , search by voice , google talk , turn by turn direction , google set up , network location provider , google talk ,
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used by Motorola, Inc. under license. Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc. Google, YouTube, Picasa, Gmail, Google Earth, Gmail, Google Maps, Google Talk, Android, and Android Market are trademarks of Google, Inc. All other trademark and product or service names are the property of their respective owner
* Integrate work (Exchange) and personal (GmailTM) e-mails into one inbox with emails pushed directly to you. Plus, undo common operations in GmailTM for fast corrections.
* Find your contacts using a universal list that pulls in work, personal and Facebook™ contacts
* Slide out the full QWERTY keyboard to comfortably text, IM and e-mail1
* Have your work calendar right at your fingertips at all times
Additional Bells and Whistles
* DVD quality video recorder features quick and easy playback plus optimized YouTubeTM uploading for sharing with friends.2
* 5 megapixel camera loaded with the works like dual-LED flash, AutoFocus, and image stabilization
* Features 16GB of storage space (or upgrade to 32).
* Stereo Bluetooth® gives you the option of wireless connectivity3. Or if you prefer traditional, headphones utilize the 3.5mm headset jack.
* Easily copy text and URLs to simply paste them into an e-mail, text or status update1 or copy images off the Web directly to your gallery.
* Use the multimedia station5 to transform DROID into an alarm clock, movie player or digital picture frame.
* Place DROID in the car mount5 to instantly launch a full-blown GPS navigation device.
High-Speed Mobile Browsing
* See the Web at break-neck speed on the largest high-resolution display with a Flash 10 ready HTML browser.
* Look up favorite sites, video and music fast with a high-speed, cortex A8 processor and lightning-fast connection.
* View it all on the 3.7” display with more than 400,000 total pixels, which is twice that of the leading competitor.
* Work faster on the Web with double tap to zoom in and out.
Google Searches Beyond the Web
* Type your search to deliver results such as contacts and music offering a complete search experience on a mobile device.
* Use voice-activated search to serve up both your contacts and Google search results, based on your location.
* Find your way with free spoken turn-by-turn directions with Google MapsTM Navigation (Beta), with Street View and LatitudeTM. View geographic information, such as My Maps, Wikipedia entries and transit lines, right on the map.
Customize Your DROID
* Access thousands of applications and hundreds of widgets from Android MarketTM.
* Customize your home screen with preloads like Facebook™ and Google MapsTM or download1 applications for music, news, sports and games.2
* Toggle back and forth between up to six applications at a time