Ghost, 01 Jul 2009Then this "STAND-BY" means cheating consumers. AndI wonder, why SE W300 - 400h stand-by keeps ... moreI thought i was only one who had the paint at the back shredded because of tropical Africa. Motorola please sit up.We luv to use your brand.
Stuart, 23 Jul 2009I believe the rate/speed at how a phone battery get used up are subject to the following facto... moreStuart! Or anyone who use MotoRAZR2 V8! Can this phone install application (for example, Opera Mini) directly via the phone itself after download it?
Thank you before!
the games r not working. if i open the games it display application error.so tell me the solution?
My brother loves moto (not me, but i got L6 as a bday present before) well the battery of moto really sucks. You are lucky if your battery last for the whole day. Unlike my Sony Ericsson phone (im using K800i for more than 2 years now) still the battery works very fine. That's their only problem the battery and I think they should do something about it. Peace
ali, 21 Jul 2009i am also facing same problem is their any solutionI believe the rate/speed at how a phone battery get used up are subject to the following factors:
1) Display Brightness, brighter sharper display consumes more battery
2) Wallpaper contrast and colours, the less colour, more black and dim a wallpaper, the less power it'll consume;
3) Duration of display, the longer your display lits up, the more power it'll use
4) Poor signal reception most of the time could cause your phone to use up more battery;
5) Screensaver, no screensaver means powersaver too.
6) Volume loudness, the louder the volume of your phone, the more power it'll consume;
7) Bluetooth powered ON all the time will also reduce battery life;
So by making some adjustments on the above, I believe your battery could give you more standby and talktime. Good luck man!
There is a model called i9 Stature with moto why its not in this website...Motorola have any plans to release in India........??
Ghost, 16 Jul 2009OK, I'm complaining so much about V8 because I was totally disappointed. My previous Motorola ... moreI could understand your frustration on the battery. You're fortunate to get 1 and half or two days on your V8. Mine, I got about 3/4 day and I sometimes needed to charge it 2 to 3 times a day. Am I frustrated? Not so. Anyway I'm used to charge my phone every night before I goes to sleep and make sure I carry with me a phone with full load of battery the next day, every day, ir-regardless of whatever phone I own. Many said this pattern will shorten battery life, for me it doesn't matter as battery cost is not high at all as compared to the "missed calls, missed opportunities and missed income".
I wouldn't expect many others to agree with me on my way of charging the phone battery but it worked for me and I've been doing this for more than a decade since my first phone. I'm still doing it now with my E8 (with 970Mah battery) and my Asus P735 (with 1300Mah battery). Well, I believe there's no right or wrong on this issue, it's just depends on individual's preference.
100 Moto, 16 Jul 2009Quoting from Moto's official website:
Standby time: 200~300 hours
1. All talk and standby... moreOK, I'm complaining so much about V8 because I was totally disappointed. My previous Motorola phones V3688, V66, and V500 keep alive approx. 3-4 days, and specification stand-by time was very close to that figures. So when I've noticed this phone in phone operator stock, I was so happy to get very good phone with much longer stand-by time. Now, try to understand my disappointment when instead of 13 days (ok, reduce it to half - 7 days) I've had to charge my phone every second, third day. Try to understand my anger when morning my phone has two bars (max is three) in battery load indicator, and in the middle of day when I waiting for important call, my phone switched off because of dead battery. Do you see my point?
Anyway I've made test this week. I've changed phone to "airplane mode" and put to drawer. After five days battery was dead.
More, as I posted before, Motorola says that it is faster and multimedia phone ever... Yeah... when I listening music and try to reduce volume... I have to wait approx. 1-2 sec. for any action. Is that really fast? Simplest Chinese MP3 players act faster :) V500 was faster than V8. That why I say that V8 sucks. I can agree - screens are very good, keyboard pad also very good, but it can't compensate battery life time and slowness.
"BTW, do you know of anyone who can really get the fuel consumption as suggested by car companies?"
Me. My cars - Fiat UNO 1.0, Ford Fiesta 1.4, Volvo V70 2.4 - all of them have fuel consumption almost equal with company specification.
Ghost, 15 Jul 2009I don't care how many displays and how big V8 has. I'm talking about company policy. Motorola ... moreQuoting from Moto's official website:
Standby time: 200~300 hours
1. All talk and standby times are quoted in Digital Mode, and are approximate. Battery performance depends on network configuration, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, and voice, data and other application usage patterns.
And you reached your conclusion on "standby time" by "using" both phones with similar pattern?
The more fair comparision should be if you put both phones on standby, if not airplane mode, and just let the phones sit there and see how long the battery lasts.
Not many (phone) companies can keep 100% of their promise. The I?music brand never mentioned its (bar) phones would capture so much background noise that the person's voice can hardly be heard. Can I accuse SE is lying bcoz it can't even deliver the most basic function of a "phone", being (clear) voice communication?
Different people have different needs, if standby time is really that important to you, suggest you get one of those Philips unit, which can easily out perform most SE phones.
Others may value the ability of V8 to provide some of the best voice quality in the industry, larger keypad and fonts, and the battery performance maybe the last thing they concern...afterall batteries are cheap nowadays and by the time they're dead, chances are people have already switched to some other phone.
BTW, do you know of anyone who can really get the fuel consumption as suggested by car companies?
Hi guys, good to be back!
I truly believe STANDBY & REAL TALKTIME are very subjective, depending on situations as follow:
1) The phone's signal strength, (the distance between the phone and the tranmission tower), usually, the lower the signal, the higher the consumption of battery. If there's no signal at all, the battery drains even faster due to constant search of connecting signal.
2) the phone's display brightness level, the brighter the display, the faster the battery would drain.
3) the phone's display duration - the longer the display or when screensaver is utilized, the shorter the battery standby and talktime duration.
4) the phone's volume, if the highest volume is set all the time during conversations, it'll eventually use up more battery.
5) the usage of phone - calls, music player, web browsing and so on. If the usage is high, the battery would drain faster for sure.
So my questions are:
A) Does Motorola, Nokia, Sony Ericsson use the same testing parameters or procedures to determine the "standby and talktime" on their brochures? This is one factor that's causing the current debate.
B) At what conditions (display brightness level, loudness volume, signal strength, hours allocation for music, calls) did they use to test the official "standby and talktime" on their brochures? Most manufacturers would rather show better standby and talktime to impress buyers, just a logical marketing move.
Let's think about the above and hopefully we could come up with a considerate and reasonable answer.
100 Moto, 06 Jul 2009If you tried to compare the battery performance between W300 & V8, I don't think you're compar... moreI don't care how many displays and how big V8 has. I'm talking about company policy. Motorola says 300 hours stand-by, and V8 lives 72 hours - it is only 24% of specification stand-by. SE says 400 hours standby - W300 lives 240 hours - it is 60% of specification stand-by. I've used both V8 and W300, the same type of using, some text messages, some talking, some WWW surfing.
And if you are comparing with cars economy SUV and subcompact... don't compare cars, compare specification of fuel consumption. If for ex. BMW says that their car use 10.3 ltr/100km and it uses 40 ltr/100 km, and Mercedes says that their car use 8.5 ltr/100km, but uses 14 ltr/100 km (the same type of driving), so which company you are choose next time? This you can belive more with specification? Or this who lay more?
Some the users here talk about the battery life is short. Of course with Li-Ion 770 mAh if you use it heavily, the battery will drop so fast. Well, I have a suggestion. Try to decrease the brightness. It will increase the battery life although just a little. But, need to remember, many factors that influence the battery life drop so fast.
100 Moto, 06 Jul 2009If you tried to compare the battery performance between W300 & V8, I don't think you're compar... moreheres the specs page for the s.e. w300 it can be found here in gsm arena ,
the secondary mono display of it maybe 256k but i dont think its capable of displaying much content on it except for a few info. comparing to it the secondary display of the v8 razr2 is a master peice plus its really bigger in size.
Ghost, 01 Jul 2009Then this "STAND-BY" means cheating consumers. AndI wonder, why SE W300 - 400h stand-by keeps ... moreIf you tried to compare the battery performance between W300 & V8, I don't think you're comparing apples with apples.
I don't have the exact spec for W300, though I doubt even its internal mon (in terms of size) can match the external mon for V8 (which is 2 inch).
The external mon of W300 isn't even close to 262K...
So if you can find another phone with "both" a 2.0 inch mon (external) AND a 2.2 inch mon (internal) with better battery performance than V8, let me know as by then you're really comparing apples with apples.
Otherwise you're comparing the fuel economy of SUV's vs. a subcompact car, which doesn't necessary draw to conclusion of SUV's being some of the worst vehicles around. (yes for fuel economy but not necessary in other areas)
Anonymous, 11 Jun 2009people the battery really sucksyou're right! the battery realy sucks!!
Anonymous, 26 Jun 2009Do you know what "STANDBY" means ??? It means that you don't have any sim card inside and the... moreThen this "STAND-BY" means cheating consumers. AndI wonder, why SE W300 - 400h stand-by keeps alive 10 days, and Motorola V9 - 300h stand-by keeps alive 3 days. Both with simcard?
I recommend that people do not buy this phone. The Number pad is messed up, the paint on the back gets sheredded and the battery lasts for only a day.
Ghost, 23 Jun 2009It has to be some joke. 300 hours in standby??? My V8 is alive max three days (78 hours). Fast... moreDo you know what "STANDBY" means ???
It means that you don't have any sim card inside and the phone simply just stays on the table ...
S Kumar, 19 Jun 2009Thanks 100 Moto,
The phone is available in stores, my doubt is about the talk time supported ... moreIf battery is really your concern, suggest you charge the phone via USB at work and standard charger at night. Or if you drive, get a car power cord and your V8 should be good to go all day long.
When the battery goes dead, either get a new battery or a new phone!