could anybody tell me what are the differences between an original v8 luxury and a really good fake one from china? I've seen on ebay and other sites v8's for sale but they ship it from china. in the pictures it looks original, but i recently saw a 8800arte replica and you almost couldn't tell the difference from the original one, even the menu was copied. the only thing it had different was a memory card slot. if you know please tell me, i don't wanna get fooled and buy a fake one
HK, 24 Jul 2008Actually Stuart that is one of the worst reviews I have ever read on the V8. It doe not go int... moreHK
I agreed with you... partially. Yes, reviews should present both good and bad side of any phones. I personally feel that everything stated there are "norm", in fact it's more like a copy of the phone brochure BUT that's where the problem starts. If you read the V8's comments far back enough, you'll find that many people are asking questions that doesn't make sense, many information that can easily obtained from manuals or brochure. This means many did not read their manuals, even those who bought this phone, unfortunately. I will declare that I'm no expert in V8 and sometimes I'm here to try to help with my limited knowledge for those who requires information and I'll be the one to applaud others who are putting in their effort too to help others.
There are 2 ways to look at people's comments like the one from The "Anonymous" person (the one I reply and commended) who wrote the informations that many people supposedly already knew but unfortunately not all knew. I truly believe he deserves to be commended. Why? He did not write it in a sarcastic way like many people did at this website. The language he used was well constructed and not offensive which means he meant well unlike others who only know to condemn and criticise unprofessionally. He spent time, thought about it and proceed to write this long paragraphs. So I chose to applaud and appreciate the effort that he or she has put in. So I'm approaching it with a positive angle with sense of appreciation and encouragement so that others who know a lot about V8 could also help those in need here.
The 2nd way to look at this comment - to tell the world the comment is no big deal, everybody knows it - don't even have to here, worst still the person who wrote this simple, basic information is commended for his effort by others. (This actually reflects a person's thought).
Which way to choose to look at this is individual's choice. I definitely have chosen the "appreciation and encouragement" way. Yes, personally I already knew the information that anonymous put up and I felt it's good for others who need it. (Imagine people are still asking what's the built-in memory in the V8? So I can see here many others still require basic information). So I only hope those already in "advanced level" on the V8, please help others in the "beginner level", we are doing good things here. I've learnt to accept that there are good hearted people around whom are willing to put out efforts to help others and yet not getting "thank you" in the end.... these are good people. I've also learnt to accept that there are people that are smarter but doesn't want others to be smarter than them. Give due credit when credit is due.
Actually Stuart that is one of the worst reviews I have ever read on the V8. It doe not go into any detail regarding the shortcomings of the phone, and that is the essence of any review. Everyone understands how a phone is "supposed" to work, it is the reality and the stress of every day use that is the true test. And this phones falls short in many respects.
i have been using motorola r2 v8 for 6 months..i want to knw the symbian series for my phone.also are there any softwares available for this phone..
The themes seems to be un changeable.pl help
I think, mainly, the difference btwn v8 and v9 is that v9 has expandable memory, and v8 does not.
Theres a coming version of v9 that will also get 3g support and gps capabilities.
Anonymous, 22 Jul 2008- Thin is (still) in - Motorola made the RAZR2 profile even sharper, shaving two millimeters f... moreWow, I like the information you put up... Definitely beneficial to all potential V8 users and explained features in detail.
The other thing I like about in your comment is the effort.... it's a long comment but informative, yet not offensive and immature unlike others. On behalf of the readers here I would take this opportunity to thank you for what you have put up.
Can anybody tell me what is the main difference betweet RAZR2 V8 and RAZR2 V9 (except the price)
xxxxxxxx amy xxxxxxx, 20 Jun 2008hi!i think i might get this phone,but, it says that this phone does NOT have a memory card sl... morehey amy......this phones offers u 420MB of internal memory but if buy the luxury one u get 2GB of internal memory. It's a lovely phone as its performance n design are all up to the mark. If u want a phone with gud music features n decent camera quality, but it. It's worth!!!!
Hi, i have some questions: Ive noticed that the regular v8 has the mic in the lower side of the phone, and the luxury edition V8 has the mic in the keypad, insted. Does it change the quality of the mic, considering its a lot small?
The other thing, the case of the luxury edition looks fine, im wondering if it has a holder slot on its back or its just plain?
Thnx. Love this phone, gonna get the luxury next week.
Anonymous, 22 Jul 2008just wanna check, can this phone use 3g sim card?Yes, all 2G phones can use a 3G SIM Card. Bue, if the phone does not support 3G technology (like V8), you cannot use the advantages of it.
- Thin is (still) in - Motorola made the RAZR2 profile even sharper, shaving two millimeters from the original RAZR.
- Big is beautiful - Greatly enhanced dual screens give consumers the largest-in-its class 2.0" external screen for crisp picture caller ID and readable texts and a 2.2" internal screen with twice the resolution of the original RAZR.
* Materials matter - To further beautify this sought-after icon, Motorola incorporated a seamless casing, a soft touch back and a stunning vacuum metal front finish.
- Strong as steel - At the core of RAZR2 is a stainless steel internal frame to provide strength and durability.
- Not even scratching the surface - The huge exterior lens is made with chemically hardened glass to be more scratch resistant.
- An open and shut case - Motorola tested the cast aluminum hinge in more than 100,000 lab tests to help ensure that every time a customer flips open the device, it will work perfectly.
- Software smarts - Some versions of RAZR2 will run Linux/Java, giving Motorola entry to the next generation of mobile architecture.
- More intelligent interface - The RAZR2 V8 has a completely redesigned User Interface so consumers can search contacts even faster. This eliminates duplicate entries for the same person while allowing contacts to have multiple numbers. The main menu is customizable, so consumers are never more than 2-3 clicks away from favorite applications, and even messaging is easier; RAZR2 automatically recognizes what type of message consumers are sending.
- Speed thrills - With the new ARM 11 processor, processing speed is 10 times faster than the original RAZR and with high-speed USB 2.0 it only takes 2-3 seconds to transfer a song.
- Now hear this - Motorola's CrystalTalk technology on the RAZR2 automatically adjusts audio to ensure clear calls even in a noisy environment.
- It answers back - RAZR2 V8 "talks" to consumers by speaking the interactive menu, contact lists, emails and messages aloud - a feature developed for people with visual impairments, but convenient for in-car use6 or when you are on the go.
- Tempting texts - Without even opening the phone, RAZR2 users can rely on the large external screen to read messages and reply with pre-programmed text messages.
- Play on - With up to 2GB of memory, the new RAZR2 rocks with stereo Bluetooth wireless technology and enough storage for approximately 1,000 songs.
- Manage with ease - Microsoft Windows Media Player 11 compatibility helps consumers easily purchase, synchronize and transfer their music library to their RAZR2 in only a few minutes. In some models music can be downloaded over the air at near-broadband-like wireless data speeds.
- Good vibrations - The external display incorporates Motorola's breakthrough "haptics" technology, which provides users with vibrating feedback in response to their finger taps. This, combined with the virtual music keys, allows the user to effortlessly control their music.
- Just browsing - The Web-browsing experience, including a full HTML browser, in the new RAZR takes advantage of its stellar internal display and high-speed wireless data connections for faster, bigger and richer surfing. Built-in email functionality gives easy, PC-like access to both personal and corporate email accounts.
- Better mobile search - Debuting on the RAZR2 family of devices, Motorola has incorporated Google's new mobile search experience, which helps users quickly and easily get the information they need, bringing them highly relevant results with an absolute minimum of clicks and enabling them to add frequently accessed content to their Google homepage.
- Picture this... and this - The multi-shot feature on the handset's 2.0 megapixel camera automatically snaps up to eight new pictures so users can choose the best image from a complete series of pictures.
- Watch this, real-time - A new real-time point-to-point video feature allows another wireless customer to "See What I See" while a voice call is in progress. Consumers can also store up to 2 hours of video footage on the device.
I love this phone! When you touch it it doesn't feel like plastic unlike Nokia. Calling is very clear w/ it's crystal talk.
using my V82g for 2 weeks already. Except for outside casing and display i found no special feature that could justify its price. missed calls are not properly identified as it is included to the incoming calls listing. battery is also a problem.
No, there is no unbranded V8 that allows you to see the missed calls from the outside. You must have a V9.
well i am using this cellfone for the past 9 months n to b honest at the first it looked awesome with its styling metal body n external screen display but after using this phone it juss didnt paid up to my expectations..the worst problem i face is its sluggish battery packup (i dunno think it lasts more den 3 hrs while continued talking).other problem is its metal body paint coz it juss wears off after few months.camera is also poor....it only claims to b 2 mp bt i think nokia n-73 2 mp camera is far more better den this one..not a loud sound as well.headfones music is gud.overall not a worth purchase.
well mine seems to be good i can see my missed calls without opening my phone and messages.the phone seems pretty nice.i think its the service provider contact them and they will update your settings
ashish, 12 Jul 2008Dear,
I have also Motorrola RAZAR V8 I have some probleme about v8 battery back door. one o... moreAshish,
My personal experience - About 1/3 of the surface of my V8's back door was scratched off due to friction with my pant's tight pocket exposing the metal surface below. The black color surface (I believe it's silicone material)was worn off. I sent it back to Motorola Service Centre and they replaced it with a brand new back door totally FREE - no questions asked! Now I'm using the transparent plastic covers and this issue's solved. I've even dropped my V8 several times accidently and not even a scratch on the phone with this covers.
So what's the actual problem with your V8's back door?