So that means half of GSMArena readers are buying it? Ok, that is a big number. I thought it would be like 5-10% because many have iPhone or Samsung or OnePlus or an older phone that still works good enough. That would mean Sony Mobile will get rich soon.
Pre Ordered for Malaysian MYR2,699 for 64gb dual sim forest blue. (equivalent to about USD 656). Its one of the cheapest among the region and definitely better than:
- IP7 cost MYR 3166 (USD 777)
- Note 7 (availability TBA, quality not promising)
CK, 03 Oct 2016Xperia is not made a customet like you. Without you, experia is still bought. And without you the world will keep spinning don't worry ;)
but they have their pros too, Sony has the best UI period compared to Android vanilla, they don't lie about their features and sadly miss mention it at some point! their update cycle is effing amazing! an Xperia phone never gets old, you just get tired of it
first Sony was late compared to Samsung and LG their flagships been out for months now and have reached a reasonable price by now while XZ isn't even available in some countries, and since i had experience with other Xperia phones the main issues are still there,mainly in camera, only the shell has changed, like i said before XZ, X, Z5 and Z1 are all kinda really similar
JoelRaj-1002, 03 Oct 2016LOL! I will tell you why Sony is better than Samsung.
1) You buy a Samsung phone and tortur... moreyou have some good points there...and having used both sony and samsung, this is what i have to say..sony has a good ui that doesnt lag a lot and ca do with less amount of ram, both the phones lag after 6months of use, and the ita updates dont help at all...
samsung has a pentile matrix so you would think that its resoultion is lower..that is only mathematically true..in real life thanks to amoled tech the algorithms make better use of the shared blue led..you may not get the Qhd thats advertised but its higher than fullhd(as in the pictures are qhd but little blurred)
amoled tech is way better than lcd(ips lcd is good, really good) lcd is just ok, but sony has their triluminos tech there to help them..
until the xz sony used an unspecifed glass in their screens. i have checked with both sony and corning and they have declined use of gorilla glass. shatterproof, is a marketting gimmick that you can achieve by using a 2 dollar sheet of plastic film.
and the edge display is fun..its not particularly useful..but its fun, i have mainly set it up to light up when a call comes..it does a very good job of it, and it can hold those widgets you dont actually need in you homescreen, like the alarm.
the trackid on sony music app is the best i have seen, giving shazam or soundhound a run for their money, its integrated tag editting is really cool
the z5 premium could have implemented VR..its 4k display would have killed all the other cheap knockoffs through its sheer resolution but sony didnt do it...
the xz looks like a good phone, i might have bought it if i didnt have such a bad experience with their service centre..but nokia is coming around..lets wait and see..
I will definetely buy this one. I don't care about the bad review as I Sony always deliver top notch quality phones that can last.
No, I don't buy it... No dedicated second SIM slot on Dual SIM model.... That was the "unique" feature for a flagship... As i remember all of the other big brands only has the dual SIM on their flagship as a SIM/Memory card shared slot... So Sony i like your phones but that was a really bad move... :(
viveksubhash, 03 Oct 2016thats my train of thought exactly, and i bought a xperia z1 when it came out..sadly the glass ... moreYa my Z3's glass on the back broke the same way. Have put it down so many times, but never got broke but one day when I found my phone laying under my back... there was a single crack on the back. They couldn't go for break-proof. So, it was a better option to pull it out and make.... what was it Japanese name- ALKELIOD or something? an alloy of aluminium.
AiryJade, 02 Oct 2016No, i would buy S7 Edge or wait for new A5/A7.LOL! I will tell you why Sony is better than Samsung.
1) You buy a Samsung phone and torture it with your usage and then in 9 months it starts to lag, you get bored of it, you won't love it anymore and within 1 1/2 years you will be pushed to change the mobile and there will be a lot of occasions in this period of time when it lets you down. Whereas when you buy a Sony, you will be in total love with the device for 2 years at least, you torture it- play high graphics phone while charging and still it never lets you down. Agree it will heat up with the torture, but tell me whats the phone which doesn't heat up? Ya, then the battery performance, camera performance, ram, camera ... waterproofing all lives till you think of changing the smartphone just for new chips, gpu, tech etc.
2) Sony never lies to a customer like Samsung. I mean, samsung is never a 2K display phone. Yup, they work on a pentile matrix, it has a subpixel for every 4 pixel (I guess) which makes something like 3 px and 1 sub px (its like a reflector) so a quarter of its pixel is lost.
3) Sony is smart than Samsung, they stick with the LCD screen other than OLED or AMOLED as this technology hasn't mastered out, nor has the battery tech. Well LCD gives true natural colors. Resolution? Do you know whats the resolution that human eye can see for a particular distance?
4) Sony is the name of innovation, quality and materializing. Samsung is the name of cheap quality, shame, copy, lies.
5) Sony made a wonderful history and Samsung is ruining the future by feeding wrong things in peoples mind about tech. Thank god some people still love apple and can't get out of it (I just want them to do something about SAR or electromagnetic waves)!
6) Sony's camera have got good resolution with a better camera performance. You will see it when you take a distant shot and you punch through in. Their camera is not at all like worst, if you want a very very very very good camera performance, I suggest you to check alpha range of cameras. I don't say I am loosing something in Xperia Cameras and I don't say Samsung's cam is bad (Coz imx 300? or other sony sensors?)
Madrid7, 02 Oct 2016I'm in the U.S and have preordered the XZ from the Clove UK for $606 after conversion (£... more$606 really? Then congratulations are in order, no one i know is buying XZ in that low price.
Gahead, 02 Oct 2016You don't get it , 1080p is perfect for a 5.2 inch phone unless it's 5.5 where the 4K Z5 Premi... morethats my train of thought exactly, and i bought a xperia z1 when it came out..sadly the glass broke(and when i went ot get warranty/repair the centre told me that shatterproof glass means, not unbreakable, but if it breaks it won't shatter and pierce our skin because of a thin plastic film on top)..none of the flagships until the xz have gorilla glass specified(which means they are not adhereing to the standards ) and the timing of the xz came 6 months late...the only things that give samsung an edge are..forgive the pun, its edge, and the stylus on the note..otherwise i'll got sony any day(using an s7 edge now..cos, x performance and z5 premium were too costly for the specs, and lg g5 was..ugh)
i have Z5 its very good phone yet
i don't think i should upgrade to ZX
Meh, not a great phone. Most reviewers considered it average at best. Plus the camera is average at best, which is shameful given that Sony makes sensors for other companies yet their own camera sensors are mediocre.
AMR M., 03 Oct 2016Useless mobile for the price, not buying it Xperia is not made a customet like you. Without you, experia is still bought.