My apologies, I've never used either K750 or K800 so I'm in no position to even speculate with regards to a comparison. I will be receiving two bluetooth headsets this week, thus I will add to my "quick" opinion.
The audio is excellent via 2.5mm jack (regular stereo headset) being just short of fantastic (I would only reserve that rating for truly dedicated audio devices, not cell phones with audio capability - even then there are substantial differences).
I try not to "beat around the bush", there's no need to either - people will draw conclusions as to a phone based on a number of variables, but considering cell phones should be primarily used as a hand-held communications device, it is quite important for any reviewer to concentrate on that aspect first! Reception, call quality, device build quality, battery energy retention and underlying software quality should really be the focus of any good review - not just selling the gimmicks for a company - there are too many such products on the market already.
Bla, thanks for your short review here. I like your review very much because you did speak out the bad points about the phone. I know there are pros and cons for every phone, nothing is perfect. I was looking for a review to share some bad thing about this phone and finally you did it. After all, I will still go for this phone because the bad points don't seems to be too "bad"...hahahahah...
One more question to ask you, Bla, if you listen music via the handsfree? What's the quality compare with K750/K800 (not Walkman series).
Hope you can test on your handset and reply me on this. Really appreciate it.
My post below seems very harsh and it was intended to be harsh. No need to cover up the weak points on a product to justify ownership. Be critical, let these companies know when they mess up, but praise them when they do well!
However, this phone, like I stated before, is VERY underrated and really is an overall excellent phone - I would give it 9.1/10 (no phone should ever get 10/10). Here are some high points:
- Excellent software - S60 v3 is very nice, particularly on this model. These two are meant for each other - really! No other Nokia I've used is as fast and responsive as the 6120c. You will only get lag when assigning a function to the left shortcut key - why? because the system waits for you to press "*" in order to lock the keypad - so don't assign MSG to left shortcut key if you want instant response. Lag is not that long either though - only 1 second
- Call quality & signal reception is fantastic - similar to Motorolas!
- Excellent form factor - it's small but very useful size! It doesn't look like a brick, fits easily into a pocket, very nice weight/size ratio.
- Screen size/quality is excellent! You can even read the screen contents outside on a bright sunny day without having to adjust anything. In fact, the preset brightness of 5 is even too high - set it to 3 and the screen is still bright. Problem is the plastic screen cover - it will get scratched! A glass screen would make a world of a difference on this phone though - Nokia, you listening???
- Loudspeaker is LOUD! It's MONO, so don't expect the best sounding music, but the sound is excellent nonetheless
- USB2.0 interface to transfer files/music to/from phone (FINALLY!) Any USB->microUSB cable will work (from a digital camera, for instance).
- A2DP - listen to music over bluetooth headphones (beware this drains phone battery!!!!). Also important is that when you wear a bluetooth headset you get to hear the assigned ringtone in the headset instead of the stock nokia RING RING..
- 3G !!! - but this seriously drains battery I personally hardly ever use the internet on a cell phone so I turn this feature off. Saves me lots of battery power as well.
... this is getting long, so I'll quit there. Suffice it to say that Nokia made a good product in this phone! The plastic on it makes it look cheap - as it should (there's no "nice" plastic), but it's an excellent phone.
Nokia would really have an OUTSTANDING (instead of an excellent) phone in the 6120c IF:
- higher capacity battery
- the whole back of the phone was made of metal instead of plastic
- the screen was glass instead of plastic
- the keys were more ... metallic instead of plastic
Everything else is fine just the way it is
Listen to mp3 using the external speaker - yes.
Listen to radio using external speaker - no (the radio needs wired earphones, which act like an antenna). The speaker is excellent quality for loudspeaker (speakerphone) use.
The keypad is small but quite decent. My only critique is that they are a bit too "plasticky" to the touch, almost "toy like", but you get used to them fairly quickly. I suspect the plasticky feel will disappear with more extensive use. Not a good phone to write text MSG fast/easy with one hand - you really need both hands to text quickly - so forget about writing a quick text message in a car or while holding a coffee/tea/soda/beer/wine (or other beverage of choice). The keypad is very well and evenly illuminated in white (unlike some other Nokias).
This is a very underrated phone. Software is stable and fast with no spontaneous reboots yet. Reception is outstanding, call quality is excellent too.
The battery... Ah Nokia... good ol Nokia... They really got to figure out how to put larger capacity batteries without sacrificing space inside their phones. Battery life (and cheap plastic usage) is Nokia's weak point!!
On the 6120, I can greatly increase battery life by selecting GSM only standby (instead of UMTS/GSM or UMTS only). On a typical charge - without using the phone at all (nothing - no calls, no texting, no playing around with it), the battery will last 4 days on standby. With slight usage (15-20mins conversation, 30-40 txt msgs) the battery life decreased to 2 1/2 days standby. Slight usage (like above) and listening to radio - charge lasts 2 days. All the above and watching some video movie previews and listen to 10 mp3 songs - battery lasts only 1 1/2 days. So keep your charger handy or carry a second battery.
Otherwise this phone is, surprisingly, very decent!
I was between Nokia 6500 and 6120. since I had Nokia 6300 and I was very happy. Except Battrey life ws very bad. It could not even last for a day. Any how i decided to go head and Buy 6120 since it seems like is lighter and is on S60 plat form and not S40. The Nokia 6500 might have batrey problem since is more slim than 6300.
Hi Dear Friendz.. Hows You ? :)
What does this mean
(64 MB SDRAM, 128 MB ROM - ARM 11, 369 MHz CPU )
i hav'nt see this specification to any other phone of nokia... ? ? is this some thing advance.. If You Know then Let me Know Kindly :)
And i dint fine PENCIL BUTTON... its very useful.. so Does it have anyother button which gives function like Pencies (eg. Copy,Paste and Marking )??
And How is the Sound Quality of this Phone.. Normal Or Low?
Kindly Reply ... Thanks Alot For ur Cooperation...
Hk_Mn@hotmail.com You can reply me here aswell
can i listen to mp3 or radio using the mono built in speaker or not? is the speaker just used for handfree calls?
One complaint, the paint on my 4 way directional ring is peeling off and my phone is only 2 days old. Anyone else have this problem ? I hate when companies use chrome paint. I would rather the plastic be solid colour all the way through, instead of cheap plating.
Still a great phone though, especially compared to whats offered from carriers in the U.S
monophone external speaker (surprisingly very good quality) but you can get stereo sound using a stereo headset plugged into the 2.5mm jack on the phone.
this phone is great , here in baghdad it costs about 245$ , i think i am going to buy it , can u tell me the price in your countries?
plz tell me the nokia 6120 has the stereo speaker and its sound is better than nokia 6233
i Love the look and features of this nokia mobile phone
i want to buy this set
plz reply me your answer in
plz tell me the nokia 6120 has the stereo speakers.
i love the look and features of this nokia mobile phone
plz reply your answer in
Hi everyone, how are pictures taken by night with this device are they better than Nokia 6110?? Thanks for advance
The difference between these two models are the following (nothing more than this):
1) Difference #1:
6120c = 3g frequencies of 850/2100
6121c = 3g frequencies of 900/2100
2) Difference #2:
6120c will be available in two versions:
- WITH 3g (quadband & 3g)
- WITHOUT 3g (quadband with ONLY EDGE)
Forget about N73 and go for this 6120...
Sold my N73 and now using 6120 (no regrets)...
This 6120 is small & slim in size and yet it has everything...
16 million colors, 3.5G, bluetooth, front camera video calls, latest symbian, fast processor chip installed, 2 mega camera, MPEG 4 video, etc..
Best of all, value for money...
Hot seller of the year 2007!
hey!!!!hwz da voice quality of dis fone...
n which 1 should i buy...
6120 or 5700???
What's the audio playback sound quality compare with K800i? Does 6120 support stereo?
yes... it's called "loudspeaker". Activated only during a call. It also has "offline mode" to use the phone in an airplane (motorola calls this "airplane mode")