I've heard it supports split screen but u can't adjust window size. Is this true? Also.. i wonder if the nokia branding on the back peels off.
When I am using call with headfone incoming sound quality is not good plz help me .. what should I do
Gotta love this phone. Has great performance for a great price. Definitely the best budget phone ever.
Hope Nokia make a more compact phone like Sony.Flagship but smaller 4.7 please
Bernie, 03 Oct 2017The Nokia 8 is already a promising device but it is not quite the kind of product that I will ... more- polycarbonate unibody with a bold color (yellow , white , Red , cyan , magenta)
- PureMotionHD+ AMOLED display
- clever multi-aspect imager that we know from the Nokia N9, 920, 1020 etc. depending on the aspect ratio you choose
- touchscreen to responds to gloves
- The camera UI from Lumia Pro Camera
- wider field of view
- The shutter key
nathanel oscar, 04 Oct 2017I saw specifications, why there isn't "pureview" on Nokia's camera now???http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/microsoft-owns-clearblack-lumia-pureview-and-other-nokia-trademarks-542560
Aadrian, 04 Oct 2017This is owned by Microsoft so Nokia can't use it. This is NOT owned by Microsoft.
I can't wait to have this phone in my hands.
Oh, Nokia, my old King Lord.
nathanel oscar, 04 Oct 2017I saw specifications, why there isn't "pureview" on Nokia's camera now???This is owned by Microsoft so Nokia can't use it.
I saw specifications, why there isn't "pureview" on Nokia's camera now???
Bernie, 03 Oct 2017The Nokia 8 is already a promising device but it is not quite the kind of product that I will ... moreAdd the fact that HMD cant make enough device, expected release in many markets only next year(unless anyone stupid enough to buy from shaddy grey markets like GSM shops)...Only the most patient fans will wait for that long to get Nokia 8, this product seems like Google's Pixel phone, waiting half a year to get one...
Switched to a Nokia 8 (4GB version) after my S7 Edge screen died (not the first Samsung I've owned that it's happened to) and very happy so far. The screen is IPS instead of AMOLED so it's maybe not quite as sharp, but it also feels easier on the eyes. The phone feels very well made and solid. Call quality is good, the cameras are also good, but the speaker leaves a little to be desired. The phone is not loaded with bloatware, and out of the box, the phone notified me of the latest Android security updates -- as opposed to Samsung, which seemed to lag well behind in terms of updates. Nokia's announcement that all the 2017 phones would get Android Oreo was a key factor in this purchase, and I would bet this phone gets it before Samsungs do, even the latest phones. If I had an extra working phone I might have waited for the 6GB version, but overall quite satisfied.
AudriusD, 01 Oct 2017Nokia 8 or Huawei P10 plus?There isn't any comparison between nokia 8 & huawei mate 10 light.
Nokia 8 is far better in each department in terms of hardware & software.
After all nokia 8 is high end device with latest hardware.
Display & camera are also superb.
Go 4 nokia 8 without second thought.
The Nokia 8 is already a promising device but it is not quite the kind of product that I will let my money go for, at least for now. Definitely, I'll be waiting for the next Nokia flagship. I hope the next one has the following specs:
1) at least 5.5 inch or bigger AMOLED QHD screen but the bezels have to be reduced. The screen must be shatter-proof
2) a dual high-megapixel count Zeiss cameras on the back and front that can be activated by both on-screen and physical shutter buttons. All cameras have to have OIS
3) a xenon flash together with dual-tone LEDs
4) The 3.5 mm headphone jack has to be there along with the USB-C port
5) OZO-quality sound technology both as to capturing and output via the headphone jack
6) dual stereo speakers
7) expandable storage capability
8) water and shock proofing
9) FM radio with RDS
10) all standard sensors and wireless connectivity standards have to be included
11) bigger capacity batteries capable of fast charging via wall chargers (and maybe thru solar charging capability)
12) biometric scanners which include fingerprint, iris, and facial recognition
13) theft-deterrent security suite.
14) all these in a scratch-proof metal or high-grade plastic unibody or whichever material that supports wireless charging
If Nokia decides to just implement a mainstream and common spec sheet found in other brands, I hope water-proofing is one of them.
I have Nokia 8 for a week now, amazing phone in evertything, welcome back Nokia.
I am Nokia user since the begining, upgraded from Lumia 1520 to Nokia 8.
Was waiting for you Nokia & you didn't disappoint me.
tenmari, 02 Oct 2017no camera button?! :( so sad right now why nokia why??????? carl zeiss and no camera button.Volume button works as shutter button