Official N73 Support & 3rd Party Software Downloads
Software/Firmware Updater by Nokia Europe
Product Support by Nokia
Mobile Software Search by Nokia
Official Nokia N73 (Nseries) Photo Uploading & Sharing Community: Flickr
Official Nokia N73 Webpage
N73 3rd Party Software and Game Downloads
Themes, Wallpapers, Screensavers, Images & Softwares by Mobile9
Themes, Wallpapers, Screensavers, Images & Softwares by GetJar
Themes, Wallpapers, Screensavers, Images & Softwares by Zedge
Free Themes (Reg Required) - credits to wilson_png, thanks!!
Taskspy & Y-Browser Download Site (Freeware) -credits to evivilim, thanks!!
*disclaimer* all FAQ's here are written by me unless stated otherwise. i personally have tried these steps and they all work for my N73ME. should there be anything you do not understand, ASK before you PERFORM as i, -vip3rleon9-, will NOT be held responsible in any way whatsoever should you choose to follow these steps. what you do to your phone is purely and solely your responsibility. please agree to this before doing anything to your phone. have a nice day.
"my phone doesnt support chinese characters. help!"
1. check your phone's product code (can be checked by removing the battery. there's a sticker stuck to the phone and there'll be a product code)
2. compare those with
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «these for normal N73's» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «0527009 Euro 1
0529602 Euro 2
0529604 South Africa
0529790 Euro 1
0529792 Euro 2
0529807 South Africa
0540567 Euro 1
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «these for N73ME's» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «0539343 APAC1
0539346 -> Philippines ...English, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philipino
0539349 -> Australia/New Zealand ...English, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philipino
0539352 -> Indonesia ...English, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philipino
0539354 -> India/Vietnam ...English, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philipino
0539351 -> Thailand ...English, Thai
credits to Gouki for this list, thanks!!
0537289 Euro 1
0539239 Euro 2
0539265 South Africa
3. if your's is not an APAC1 code, then download Nemesis Service Suit (NSS)
4. install NSS "Virtual USB Device"
5. open the program and click on the "scan for devices" button
6. click on the "phone info" icon (the one with the Nokia 6600 as the picture)
7. click on "scan" and then "read"
8. change the product code to "0539343" (for Nokia N73ME users who wants chinese / N73 users who want a N73ME)
9. close NSS and open NSU (Nokia Software Updater)
10.update your firmware
11.volia! chinese support on your Nokie N73ME
"how to download Malaysian maps into my phone?"
1. download Nokia's Maploader
2. make sure you've run smart2go once on your phone before (to create the default folders)
3. connect your phone to your pc and use "pc suite" mode
4. run Nokia Maploader
5. choose Malaysia and press download
6. wait foe it to finish donwnloading
7. voila! Malaysian maps on your phone!
"how do i enable auto keypad lock?"
1. download AutoLock here
"how do i turn on the led's on my N73 to act as a torch?"
1. download S60 SpotOn here
*note : the led's will not be as bright as when it is during photo taking
"how do i disable the shutter sound?"
1. afaik, you cannot turn off the shutter sound
2. but, i've read that the shutter sound can be turned off in N73's with Euro1 firmware
3. unless you do this, which also means taking away chinese character support, i'm afraid you can't turn it off
Thanks, I am fine. Just that hasn't been here daily coz too many repeated questions and nobody bother to hit search button first.
Miss those days where everybody is tryingto help one another. Somehow people think we are paid staff og GSMArena. Sad.
As to yr problem. Sorry, no oher method to do anything except to bring it back to Nokia Care Ctr and have it reset.
Hope everything is fine with u too. Thanks.
To all people
here i will give u the
link for STEP by STEp for how to change to the music version
..i learned it from that post its very usefull and nice ..i thank the man who wrote it ..
Hii guys .. to jon(singapore) and any one who knows ...
i forgot my LOCK CODE !! :)) and cant change it anymore !! i even re-updated the firm-ware but it wasn't reset ?!!! i tried programs that give u a master security code to reset it but it didn't work ... do u know how to change it ?!!! any1 knows here ppl
by the way jon i was asking about u not about fones!! ...Happy to still find u here
does anyone knows how to upgrade the firmware of an n73 to n73me??
my nokia n73 is very very bad. because when i spiking i can't her my friends
I have no problem checking message in inbox, in the memory card (not in the phone) at frist. But now, I do after using the phone in 1 month, I can't check any message that I save in the Inbox , Memory Card (new and old message). When I press on Open the message, it doesnt respond anything...does anyone have the same problem? please forward this to my email..thx a lot.
To all people
Update your N73's FIRMWARE to speed up resolve hanging problems & a lot more.
Its free to update you N73 FIRMWARE.
Here the link.
My n73 is running slow. I heard there is a website where u can upgrade the n73 to stop it running slow. Does anyone know the website?
I have just got N73 ME since one week ago , it works good(All functions are well] & no problems till now .In addition , it has many usefull applications.
Please advise my nokia N73 series cannot sent or receive sms.
Also i need to know the password to factory setup please.
my mom's N73 is very slow,it always hangs up, even though its memory is not full, is this normal with an n73?very bad
Hi Sea Breeze,
Good to hear from U again. Always good to have u back. And Thanks for yr help everything is just fine with my N73.
just copy paste ur mp3 in attachmens folder.then refresh ur music library..now..!!!!!ur music is in music player n73.,,!!!!!!! you got it little boy.. plz thanks to me!
did anyone know how to play the music from music button? i always play the music from the gallery, thanks
Hiii ppl i missed u all !!
What a delma u livin in about the diff. betn. N73 and N73me and memory cards and also updating to the music edition .. i will give u all hints and any further info. will be on e-mails !!!
1) The only diff. betn N73 & N73me is the music player its far better and easier controls and highly modified by the way its the same player of the N95
2) U can use any any size of memory cards as long as u have the newest firmwares
3) Anyone can upgrade to the Music edition just change the product code by nemsis and update through the web .. tried Zillion Times !!!
4) Yes the latest Firmware NEVER hangs and a BIT faster...
5) anyone wanna a list for all product codes send me mail...
to jon(singapore) special Hellos!!
Hi All*****N73 ME Music player's Error****
I bought a N73 ME, and it looks like, there with this phone. The problem is when you hear music thru headset, the sound volume is comparitively low, but when you make a call to some one and simultaneously play the music player via your headset, the sound volume is 40% louder. Check this out all who owns N73 ME and let me know if we can do anything to get this bug out.