HI frnds, I bought the Nokia N8 on 2nd dec, 2010.
Till date I couldnt find a single problem in this phone & battery is very good upto 1.5yr. Sure there is smart phone give u a long battery, but today there is many more phone, but still I feel proud to be a owner of Nokia N8(subrat,khurda)
Leejohn, 29 Jan 2013Is it a good idea to buy this phone in 2013 ?Hello my friend, with N8 (as value for money) you get the optimum, specially if you get one "made in Finland". Its a machine and has xllent quality. As i saw in gsmarena tests even the lumias dont have xllent telephony performances, as N8 has!!! Now if you are able to spend more money, go for 808 pureview.
Leejohn, 29 Jan 2013Is it a good idea to buy this phone in 2013 ?Yes.
anybody want's to post his/hers bet n8 apps?
Here are my best and useful ones.
1. Smartphoneware Best TaskMan 3.0 (latest version, a bit tricky but the best for killing processes)
2. Nokia Energy Profiler v1.26 (also a bit tricky, but after you learn it, you can measure your power consumption for a period of time)
3. Notre Monde vLight v3.0.0 (since we don't have led flash and xenon flash is not for torch, this is the best screen torch app their is, easy and useful and with no adds)
4. LonelyCatGames X-plore v1.58 (now, i tried allot of file manager apps out there, nothing is as good as this one, the best file manager for symbian, highly recommended)
5. Smartphoneware Best Birthday v2.02 (latest, if you have contacts with birthdays, this is the best app for managing them as you please, from deleting to setting alarms and calendar reminders)
6. SmartEQ v1.3 (if you need a more control of your music player equalizer, this is a very good one)
7. Alexander Fokin Music stop v1.0( if you want to sleep with your phone playing some music, this is good for closing the music player or your radio after a time set by you, useful sometimes:)
8. Snakesoft Close All Apps (quite useful and it's free, closes all open apps with one click, no confirmation no nothing)
9. Belle extra buttons (highly customizable program, very useful, recommended)
10. Thumbnail Folders ( a small app, but a super idea, it will change your folder appearance with small icons from your apps that are installed in it)
11. Alexander Fokin PopUp hider (a super app, that will kill your annoying notifications like: missed calls, messages and voice messages. You will have them only on your top bar, so no more popup annoying screen)
12. Ilko Tsenov myExplorer (another supper app that uses your network to copy files from/to your computer, shortly: it is a file share app, and i can say it is among the best that uses your network)
13. Nokia chat ( this is a simple chat app that uses for services: Nokia Chat, Windows messenger, g-talk and yahoo, it is free and and easy to use. i can say it is one of the best chat apps)
14. Fmobi (one of the best facebook apps, for the fans)
15. Fring (nice little program doing what skype does for others, yes: videocalling for free via wlan, and it's free to)
16. D13 date widget (it is a small widget that tells you what day is today, it is very useful for people who don't like the big calendar widget, neither the clock widget, so without this 2 is a longer processes to find out what day is today, this small widget solves this problem:P)
Now, for the games i like:
king odd ball, azkend 2, avatar, clever driver, contre jour, Sparkle, Asphalt 6, Assassins creed, Block breaker 3 Unlimited, Dungeon HUnter, fruit ninja, i must run, need for speed shift, shrek kart,
The Maribans, throw the knife, transformers: dark of the moon. Zombie blitz (a small jar app, not so impressive as plants vs zombies but can keep you for hours curious:)) Heroes-Of-Kalevala... all made with good graphics no slowdowns.
Frustration, 28 Jan 2013My Ovi is no longer working please help...Do a factory resset *#7370# and all will come to normal (will delete everything from your phone, so make a backup first)
hi, I want to do business , please provide me with more information about shipping
it Seems while using camera, for each click will be charged( some amout wil be deducted to wards camera usage)......Is it right ? correct me if any body experience the same.
When i have to be out of the office/house for a while, i activate power saving and it serves me all day. :)
AnonD-104880, 27 Jan 2013oh i see. thanks for your repLy. can i ask another question? is the BeLLe Refresh is much bett... moreHey, Belle Refresh has more Widget's and some new UI, in some places and has some bug fixes. If there is a performance boost... i don't know. I didn't noticed big differences. Maybe someone else can help you in this matter. As for formating... it is not necessary. But i recommend that 100%. And minding your memory status i will highly recommend this. This can be a fix for allot of problems. And will maybe fix yours to (not the xenon flash one). So if you decide to format: first backup and copy only important data from your phone( pics, contacts, messages, or whatever you will like to keep from mass memory... no settings and no apps). Now hit dial/*#7370#/confirm the security code (if you have one). And your phone will restart. The process will take from 3 to 10 minutes, in the mean time you will be able to see only NOKIA logo, so don't panic. This process will format mass memory and will delete and restore factory settings and apps. After this, you can update to belle refresh. I would flash the firmware with phoenix. But this is some other story...
can anyone answer this that why some apps like avatar, large no of pages in default Web browser and piscel smart office crash even if there is 100+ mb ram free on the device.
Carol, 24 Jan 2013That sound strange:-?. Nokia xenon flash to break that quickly is strange, maybe it is just mo... moreoh i see. thanks for your repLy. can i ask another question? is the BeLLe Refresh is much better than BeLLe onLy? what is the difference between that 2 version? do i have to reformat first before upgrading? my memory on C: is 60+mb & on E: is 50mb.
I am using like since the day it was launched, now its my second phone N8-Green back then this was ultimate...till now in terms of Camera it beats all phones available out der 12 mega pixle tats simply awesome when viewing on a big screen, after the shoot.
allnokia, 26 Jan 2013I choose 701. I have digital camera for photography. I want speed and fast responses. I know ... moreSound quality is good, the headphones are not top of the line:). As i was saying, 701 is faster and newer but lacks some premium accessories. You can try original WH-701 headphones from Nokia, are quite good. But not so long lasting (mine lived for only 6 months). But for the price on ebay, are good:P.
Carol, 25 Jan 2013Ah, and i forgot. RAM: 256 N8, vs. 512 701 ROM: 512 N8 vs. 1024 701 Internal memory: ... moreI choose 701. I have digital camera for photography. I want speed and fast responses. I know that n8 is a masterpiece. But in our city n8 is not available now, Nokia 700 comes with smaller screen. That's why I bought 701 yesterday.( one thing: sound quality is not good via headphone)Thanks for your interest.