N97 is more good compare to xperia any bady can use nokia and N97 is having good touch screan
TC, 04 Dec 2011Sony Ericsson Xperia pro is much better and even less expensive than this N97 mini!I own the N97 mini and its a great phone. A few issues though
1. Resistive touch screen-although it is one of the best resistive touch screens you cab find on a phone, it still isn't a capacitive touch and that hurts to think about.
2. CPU- I don't know how to root, modify or hack a phone so I am stuck with stock specs and although the phone handles well it could really have been faster, I have used other phones with slower CPU's and they actually move faster. This leads me to believe either Nokia has prevented the CPU from operating at full capacity or the Symbian OS is just not fully using it, I'm sure it can be much faster.
3. Battery- Now before I bought this phone I heard the battery was bad but I bought it anyway. My battery lasts over a day when on stand-by but I love to listen to music and browse the web so on the weekend when I don't have school my battery will last about 6 maybe 7 or 8 hours if I'm lucky. I heard that I could by a more powerful battery, reset the one I have(which I don't know how to do) or get some battery booster to solve this problem but I think Nokia could have just given me a better battery from the get go.
4. Symbian S60 is a pleasure to use but it just isn't that pretty. It lacks the animations that I like to see on Iphones and it just isn't as bright and colorful, plus it lags alot
5. Nokia Apps- I no longer live in the USA and I am angered by the fact that Nokia does not allow people in the Caribbean full access to all the Apps available. A simple App like Windows Live Messenger was blocked when I tried to download so I had to get it from a third party website. SO I pretty much have to risk my phone to viruses to get a simple App the Nokia is offering to other countries for free.
6. The RAM is inadequate for the use of more than 2 or 3 Apps at the same time. If I try the phone will close one or all without my consent or freeze and then close all without my consent smh.
7. Did I mention it's resistive in the touch screen department? smfh.
Other than that it's a really good phone. I would only trade it in for a newer model such as the E7, and that's only if there was no way to fix 2 or 3 of the issues above. On paper the Xperia pro looks pretty good, better than the N97 mini and I might just trade mine in for it but Symbian is something you can't just turn your back on, it's just that comfortable to use. the question is whether this is a good thing or a bad thing.
I have a nokia N97 mini battery when i switch on standby battery discharged after one hour,but still i like nokia N97.
phoneuser, 20 Nov 2011I have used the N97 mini for 2 years now and I can tell you it is an exellant phone. There is ... moreSony Ericsson Xperia pro is much better and even less expensive than this N97 mini!
Anonymous, 17 Nov 2011Sorry pal, you don't seem to know much about N97mini...you just seem to run for speed and shut... moreMy N97 mini freeze and crash so often when browsing that it is really unusable, and opera bollt and UC-browser are all really extremly bad on N97 mini!
S2 never ever freze or crash!
SonyEricsson Experia Pro have a much better hardware-keyboard than N97 mini!
after 3 months it started hanging every time i clicked the touch screen.
ave been avin problem to upgrade my phone..can i use firmware software on d phone?
this phone's really becomin annoying,cnt update, too slow..think of settling for c7 if not n9.
Sooo fed up with this phone. It's SO slow - the graphics take a few seconds to update sometimes. When you're trying to answer a call, it's very annoying. The slide key-lock seems to bounce and it unlocks straight away after locking. Connecting via USB to computer, the first time it will not start charging. So you have to unplug it and plug in again, and then it starts charging. I'm ending my contract early and paying $180 to buy myself out so I can change phones!
The battery back up you people told absolutelly wrong.......i think there is some problem with all the Nokia batteries of this kind.....nce i had given this hand set to Nokia care,they repaired it...but no use...they also cheated me......the problem is still existing...wt i have to do
my drem mobile is n97,,this is latest mobali,
ooooohhhhhhh i have no word this mo,,,my girl fried givan mo n97 birthdate givan
Not so good phone to have...I've been using this for my after office hour conference call and speaker phone and volume is really bad - even in full volume you will not be able to hear clearly and conversations were not clear. Also frequently hang-up...Too bad that our company invested on this type of unit...
okubazghi.e.s, 21 Nov 2011i have been using the mobile almost for a year and half and i was totally contented but recent... moreMaybe your battery need to reset...than let the phone play music or something till the battery is completely empty and the phone turns off by itself, than plug the wall charger cable, and let it charge during the night, than in morning switch on your phone.
If still problem than maybe battery pack need bay new one.
I got this phone in May last year..and I must admit, this is 1 of d most horrible phones ever. I dont even feel like listing the number of defects it has, coz ther r many many of them. It gets extremely slow after a few weeks of use (i've used only about 1.5 GB of the 8GB memory), network issues (i own 2 phones with sim cards of same service provider, and on most occasions, N97 doesnt get the network while other phone does), Horrible battery back up (i dont listen much to the music), on some occasions even if ther's a call, the phone doesnt ring, vibrate or light up n Later it shows as missed call. My suggestion, its a total waste of money. Dont go for it.
i have been using the mobile almost for a year and half and i was totally contented but recently i am experiencing some difficulties with the battery i.e it lasts very short.
Is there anything to be done?