mjmartin, 25 Apr 2020Recommendations for best Android with a FLAT screen?? Preferably Android 10 with Snapdragon.Probably go for the Realme X50 Pro
Anonymous, 28 Apr 2020Any relevant recommendations? Xiaomi mi 9se is not manufactured for months. No other alternati... moreTry Samsung S10e, it is not that expensive. If you get the Snapdragon version it is amazing.
mjmartin, 25 Apr 2020Recommendations for best Android with a FLAT screen?? Preferably Android 10 with Snapdragon.I would go with Xiaomi mi 9 or Xiaomi mi 9t Pro, both with flat screen, good size and have last year's best Snapdragon 855. I got a mi 9 last year for 350€, best buy for the price. It also has a better DXOMARK that iPhone 11 (110 points vs 109). I had both devices and I can say they have very similar camera capabilities, while I prefere the way I could personalize Xiaomi.
Any relevant recommendations? Xiaomi mi 9se is not manufactured for months. No other alternative for compact phones but the overpriced Samsung and Sony.
Recommendations for best Android with a FLAT screen?? Preferably Android 10 with Snapdragon.
How come nearly all of the recommended phones are not waterproof?
I plan on going out when the quarantine is over :(
@gsmarena: Ur website is one of my favorites for mobile review. I am eager to see if u can pls give a Top 10 best flagship smartphones ranking system like some websites do.
With the new releases I think you either need to update this article or add a timestamp at the top for the last update. Both would be perfect.
incredibleman, 15 Mar 2020Yeah.. great list of phones. But are they real SMART phones?
Answer me please for a few quest... more1. Huawei P20 does it in 1 swipe and 1 tap
2. This doesn't necessarily make a smartphone "smart". The feature you want isn't something everybody wants. Not having music controls on top of your phone doesn't make a phone less appealing.
3. That's just plain distracting if you're doing a lot of reading. A simple swipe-down on the notifs bar is essentially the same. If you're changing music, you're already distracted anyway. Why have your cute little marquee up top?
4. There's such a thing as Glove Mode. Look it up
5. You can hold your phone without covering it when watching films. Who'd want to watch a movie on a small screen like your BB Q10 when you can do it portrait mode on a Note10+? The Note10+ still has a wider screen on portrait than your BB Q10.
6. Bring a powerbank.
7. This only happens using specialized cables, but yes, there is. Ever heard of Samsung DeX?
8. Even BB's of the old slowed down at 90% capacity. Desktop PCs slow down on 90% RAM, and people call them "smart".
9. Get a case, but yeah, there is.
10. Scaled up (due to inflation), the price of your BB Q10 back then would likely be relatively similar to the price of a mid-range phone nowadays.
Lemme ask you: is your Q10's original manufacturer still in the phone race? No? Yeah, didn't think so. The makers of your Q10 aren't so smart after all now, are they?
Smartphones are no longer interesting, they all feel like "old technology", already fast smartphones get marginally faster unnoticeable i daily use, and already good enough cameras get a little better, all you can do with a smartphone today you could do with smartphones ten years ago, but "flagships" get extremely ridiculously more expensive today!
I visit this page hoping to find something new, ten years ago I could always read about something "revolutionary", but I no longer find anything worth my money!
MeMyselfAndI, 17 Jan 2020Sony Xperia 1 is the most underrated phone of 2019. It si simply superb and it has the best di... moreUnderrated? One of the best phones for sure but with that exorbitant price there is no chance Sony would sell a lot. Sony doesnt have the brand recognition so they have to sell at a lower price to sell their phone.
anyway, why would they remove the 3.5mm jack if they have got it back after two years? stupid decision on Sony's part.
The links for amazon's Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ are "renewed" listings. It is not fair to compare to the others selling as "new", specially when a new Note 10+ is twice the cost compared to most of the other phones in this list.
As for what "renewed" means, it is literally anything that works and looks new, the actual quality of the product can wildly vary and the 90-days warranty reflects that. This is not the same as refurbish (even tho you can be lucky and get a refurbished unit)
Yeah.. great list of phones. But are they real SMART phones?
Answer me please for a few questions:
1. Is there a phone in that list which can switch apps in only 2 touch maximum (like phones were able to do before)?
2. Is there a phone which can hold your music on pause without reprogramming buttons, without using stereo headset or turning display on? Just clicking one button (e.g. my old BB Q10 can)?
3. Is there a phone which can display on top or bottom of screen small line (less than 10mm) with media player keys that allows to me control the media when I'm reading something same time? (e.g. do some lessons for language study - btw "split screen" works ugly and eats lot of screen size).
4. Is there a phone which I can use in my own (not special) wool and leather gloves? Because a lot of people live in places where weather warm only 3-4 month.
5. Is there a phone which I can normal hold by my hands without covering or touching display when I watch some films (yes I mean "thin bezel" is most strange and ridiculous thing in recent years)
6. Is there a phone which I can use from friday to monday at least without runing around looking for charge?
7. Is there a phone which can be on charge + connect to PC transfering data + connect to TV by HDMI out streaming video + have free audio out + and able to do some calls = same time all this? (yeah some old phones can do this).
8. Is there a phone which able to normal fast work as new when it is full of apps and data for 90% of data and memory capacity?
9. Is there a phone which have good industrial smart and ergonomical cozy design? Surface is not too slippery, durable and can looks good since years. Camera set doesn't collect all dust and dirt from your pockets and bags. Display doesn't shake or misstouch when you hold it some times and you can see it in bright sunny winter day.
10. And last but not least - are they all really worth they price?