hi, can i ask if the wi fi of this phone has any problem? and what is the advantage of this over an iphone 3gs? and can i install a mobile dictionary/ tnx
hi guys i got this 4one recently. when i turn on da 4ne it shows only the display not show the start menu and i cant continue any more. plz any1 can help me ?
harry, 10 Feb 2010can anybody please tell me how to change the language i had just purchased its in spanish but ... moreits a good unit it has to be only 1 language as it has windows instaled
hope got ur rply
another question.. i think it was asked as well by another person.. abt the resolution, is it alright? i see on the specs its just 65k colors.. isnt it pixelized already?? does it have a good resolution?
saw the videos at youtube, seem to have a nice resolution.. just confirming it.. heehee..
and just a tip, there is a cellphone case store at cyberzone moa.. infront of welcomm (i think if am not mistaken).. try checking some cases there.. :)
PARiS, 11 Feb 2010David,
thanks for the answers.. i really do appreciate it.. :)
i saw the gold version wh... moreNo problem. I will most likely be ordering a case from PDair at http://www.pdair.com/
However, I am not sure of the safety and security of this site, which is what I am clarifying with the company through email.
I resorted to this because I extensively searched different shopping malls and markets in Manila for a case (including Park Square, Mall of Asia, and even Greenhills) but none were available.
thanks for the answers.. i really do appreciate it.. :)
i saw the gold version while browsing before think it was launched for the youth olympic games in singapore..
and thanks for all the info, gonna check the samsung store at digital exchange.. and prolly check as well where we can buy a leather or silicone case..
thanks again david.. uve been a real help :)
can anybody please tell me how to change the language i had just purchased its in spanish but i am unable to change it in any other language
PARiS, 09 Feb 2010hey david.. checked this phone a while ago and seems a better phone than the corbyPRO what do ... moreHey paris.
I actually used my phone for 2 days this week but stopped using it when it was quite unsafe to keep it in my pocket without a protector. Moving in my pocket, it has already taken a few scratch marks on the temporary screen protector. I won't use the phone yet until I get a silicone or leather case this week.
However, I can answer a few of your questions for the meantime:
First, between the Omnia Lite and CorbyPro, it really depends what qualities of the phone you are prioritizing. If you need a qwerty keyboard and are more inclined to the Samsung OS, then go for the CorbyPro. However, I got the Omnia Lite because I will use it for productivity purposes as well, given that WinMo 6.5 provides Mobile Office out of the box. Also, there are more apps being uploaded in the Windows Marketplace which can prove to be useful. If you get the CorbyPro, you can only play trial versions of games, and are limited to downloading Samsung's proprietary content. The customization on a Windows OS is also very interesting and if you are the type of person who wants a device you can explore, then the Omnia Lite is for you. By the way, I was surprised to see that the CorbyPro has a resistive touchscreen, while the Corby has a capacitive. Most likely you'd get the same feedback on the Omnia Lite with the Corby Pro. Just my opinion...
1. They already have stocks for the All Black color, but as of last weekend, they didn't have stocks for the Black/Red and Black/Gold combinations. And yes, the Samsung Store in Glorietta is near TGI Friday's.
2. I'm not sure if the black/gold one will be available here in the Philippines. To get an idea of what it looks like, it exactly like the Black/Red one, but the Red Parts are Gold. I saw it on the Samsung Mobile Singapore website last week, but after changing their website, the color was deleted. I however, found the All Black version to look more professional than the Black/Red combination I've seen in photos. In real life the device is actually more sturdy, solid, and more expensive-looking than in the photos.
3. For negative information, like I said, I only used it for 2 days so I can't mention much yet. So far, WinMo 6.5 has quite a bit of a learning curve to get used to. The resistive touchscreen is great, and more fluid than I expected; but the lack of screen space makes some icons hard to press (like the "X" button on the upper right hand side to close programs). Also, you have to always open up the task manager to close all other running applications. If you simply push "X" it doesn't close them, and your phone may be performing slow due to other programs you forgot to close. The onscreen qwerty keyboard also takes a little getting used to, but landscape mode works great for texting. Battery Life is good so far. I still haven't re-charged it yet, but only fully used it for 2 days. Speaker lacks the volume I expected though. I used to have a Sony Ericsson Walkman Phone (W810i I think) and the Samsung is significantly weaker in terms of speaker volume and quality. Also, if you're new to WinMo; phonebook entries are displayed Lastname, Firstname which I thought was quite odd. However, after some research, I found that you can download an app that allows you to reverse the order. Most of the time I was using my fingers and didn't need a stylus. But I can tell you that there are certain apps and functions for WinMo that you would still need one. Lastly, next time I wish Samsung would build the stylus into the machine, instead of tethering it.
4-5. The package comes with a headset, USB cable, and charger. Not sure yet about conference calling.
Hope it helps...
Also, if anyone knows where to buy a case in Manila, please tell me asap...
David, 07 Feb 2010Picked up my unit from the Samsung Concept Store at Ayala Center for P13,500; directly shipped... moreDoes it have an independent speaker for music or tones? because i've noticed on other Samsung phones, the speaker or the earpieces work both for music and call.
Roland, 09 Feb 2010David, how's the sound quality for music?yes my brother has one and the sound quality is good
Anonymous, 09 Feb 2010The thing that makes me doubtful of its screen resolution and its camera. I mean, there are on... morei agree.. i mean am using a low end nokia phone and it does have 16m color resoultion screen and it isnt even a touchscreen phone.. am worried abt the resolution that much.. but everythings good abt this..
still waiting for david's reply.. c:
The thing that makes me doubtful of its screen resolution and its camera. I mean, there are only few winmos out there with this kind of resolution. Others like X1 and some HTC phones have wvga resolution. To those guys who already have this phone, do you find many 3rd party apps for this phone and is it upgradable to the new version of winmo like in se aspen. and lastly, is the camera good or not
David, 07 Feb 2010Picked up my unit from the Samsung Concept Store at Ayala Center for P13,500; directly shipped... morehey david.. checked this phone a while ago and seems a better phone than the corbyPRO what do u think??
i do like the threaded msgs and qwerty landscape txting (just like the iphone)..
just a few questions:
1. do u have to pre order it at the samsung store or do they have stocks?? (and is it the samsung concept store at digital exchange near TGi Fridays?)
2. just saw the black/red one and its kinda interesting.. is there a black/gold one? tried searching it.. havent had much luck finding it.. :)
3. all reviews are great, since ur using the phone already can u give us some negative info abt the phone? battery life etc..
4. does the package come with a headset?
and 5. does it has conference call capability.. :)
id appreciate greatfully ur answer and hopefully id hear from u.. cause am planning to buy this phone this week.. thanks!!!
Anyone know where I can get a silicon or leather case for me Omnia Lite in Manila, Philippines?
I'm specfically looking for the Tuff-Luv or Krussel leather cases. Do they have dealers here in Manila?
If not, where else can I get a case? I need to get one soon, as leaving my device in my pocket can be detrimental to its screen.
its located at Quezon City near Walter Mart you can check the site if you have time...
David, 07 Feb 2010Picked up my unit from the Samsung Concept Store at Ayala Center for P13,500; directly shipped... morehey got some question hope u could help me.
1. is the wifi working properly?
2. how bout for youtube, flash player, facebook?
3. does it has landscape for texting?
4. how bout batterylife?
im planning to buy this for my gf. and cam?