AnonD-99166, 17 Feb 2013well gpu was made to take certain tasks from the cpu and run it, so tht the cpu becomes free..... moreHey Dean are you from India ? Did you flash JB trough Odin or is it the official update ?
AnonD-82836, 16 Feb 2013Hey Dean..!
I have the following Questions..
1. How does the GPU rendering works if chec... morewell gpu was made to take certain tasks from the cpu and run it, so tht the cpu becomes free.. tasks such as displaying qand all.. so forcing gpu rendering in dev options, can make the apps which are compatible with it run faster... whereas apps which do not support gpu rendering lag alot.. and since the gpu does most of the work, cpu usage reduces and we feel the ui getting smoother.. but since gpu is doing most of the work, battery consumption becomes more.. if u want more battery backup better turn it off, as the lag in the ui is almost negligible....
and i dono which all apps are compatible with it..
whereas limiting processes to 1, the ram gets freed up.. it never goes above 400mb for me nowadays.. but i guess if u restart ur phone, it resets to default, bcoz i had mine back to standard limit...
and is the latest firmware q4 draining the battery faster??? i keep my phone in 2g mode, dont play games, and keep it on power saving mode, still the battery is down in about 3-4hrs..
AnonD-113812, 17 Feb 2013india wont get jb update till the end of march !!!! bad news !! but we will wait.......wer did u get this news from??? if u have proof then provide the link or something..
AnonD-113812, 17 Feb 2013india wont get jb update till the end of march !!!! bad news !! but we will wait.......we will just keep on waiting ... thats all
india wont get jb update till the end of march !!!!
bad news !!
but we will wait.......
AnonD-88124, 16 Feb 2013Blindly go for S3. How the hell r u getting an S3 at S2 price range?actually-- s2 is 24.5 k and corp offer Samsung site-- s3 is 26.5 k so similar prices
Tomorrow is the big day for sgsa, lets hope that the information about the start of releasing the update is true, at least eventhought it is only for some country (or maybe onky ukraine) we know that samsung starting rolling the update, and i hope to get the update in this month...
I have the following Questions..
1. How does the GPU rendering works if checked under Settings>Developers> in JB 4.1.2...
2. Does it boost the performance?..
3. What about the Back ground Process limit, If set to 1 (One process) how much ram out of 625MB is utilized ?
4. Does selecting these options squeeze/saves battery backup?
Amod lv , 16 Feb 2013Can jb update on s advance solve d problm of zooming. .yes
AnonD-81511, 16 Feb 2013hi Harry/Arnel/Dean Thnak u for patient replies...few days back u recomended s2over s adv ...... moreand s2 price never goes down bcoz its still in demand, s2 is the most sold samsung smartphone.. thts another rsn y samsung decided to give it jb..
AnonD-81511, 16 Feb 2013hi Harry/Arnel/Dean
Thnak u for patient replies...few days back u recomended s2over s adv ...... mores3 anyday... unless u have prob with the size of the phone(4.7)..
but if i wer u i wud buy s3.. awesome performance, good battery life.. nd u ll have os support for atleast another 2 yrs..
Anonymous, 16 Feb 2013Check that ur network mode will be on GSM/CDMA(Auto mode)due to which it keep on searching for... moredo u even read the forum?? we r way past tht prob..
we r trying to find out y it happens??? the solution u gave is not a complete solution ... i get proper signal in certain places in auto mode, but certain places i dont get signal even in gsm mode only...