Last night i downloaded and updated my S2 to JB 4.1.2. Frankly i was completely dissapointed by this update and NOT HAPPY AT ALL ANYWAY.
1) I am using Grand duos which has less efficient Videocore IV GPU but it has ripple effect on the lock screen S2 has Mali400 GPU but aftre update no ripple effect at all.
2) Battery drains as hell from 95% to 60% it took just 1 and 1/2 hour but Grand is performing well with moderate use it lasts almost 2 days.
3) Camera not improved at all
4) Full screen wallpaper not fitted at all i.e 480*800 resolution which look amazing on AMOLED after update it looked dull and distorted but in Grand 480*800 resolution wallpapers work fine.
These are so far my review and i switched back to ICS 4.0.4 by formatting the drive and felt happy once again.
Please consider the facts before updating to JB.
I have downloaded the spanish version of jelly bean for my s2 but afraid of flashing it as i didn't want to lose samsung premium mail push service but now when they have launched the Indian version, Samsung simply commented that premium mail push service is not available in this version. Its too disappointing, I am good at 4.0.4
Updated to JB 4.1.2 (india)
Everything is great except the battery performance...
Draining at a faster pace.
Anyone suggest what can be done in this regard.
Neo, 28 Mar 2013Does anyone have any idea why the JB update comes in different times in different countries? I... moreNot all jelly bean update is the same there are many developer who can make jelly bean e.g. xda developer, miui, aokp, cynamogen mod you can try that ib your fone. Some jellybean have 300+mb files other have 600+mb files i have tried many jellybean and i stick to jellybean omega version its perfect from batery to ui rendering.
Updated to JB in india last nyt.
Seems quite stable...not crappy like the spain version
Ok, now that we officially have JB for SG2, can you folks let us know your user experience:
1. Battery performance: I had used Nordic and Spain version of JB via Odin. Believe me, battery performance sucks. Gets drained in 8-10 hours flat. How's it with the Indian version of JB?
2. UI: Though JB supposedly brings in Project Butter, I personally felt ICS 4.0.4 is far far smoother. So I went from 4.0.4 to 4.1.2 and back to 4.0.4 in less than 24 hours.
Would love to hear your experiences with Indian JB.
srinivas, 03 Apr 2013cant attend 2nd call in s2 wen talking on other cal.wats the solution for this??yeah,jelly bean update can available in myanmar. at touch mobile 5000 kyats.
ronak, 03 Apr 2013Are you guys sure that Jelly bean update is launched?? and what is the version 4.2.1 or 4.2.2????4.1.2 has been launched. You can download the same through sammobile or Kies.
PDA is I9100XWLSK
CSC is I9100ODDLSA
Are you guys sure that Jelly bean update is launched?? and what is the version 4.2.1 or 4.2.2????
Anonymous, 03 Apr 2013JB Update in INDIA: www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-jelly-bean-update-india-183384/i put 2450mah battery for galaxy s2,,,,, please tel me this is harmful to my phone
cant attend 2nd call in s2 wen talking on other cal.wats the solution for this??
all galaxy s2 indian user go and get the update from nearest samsung service center my friend tc
Deepak 7556, 02 Apr 2013hiii can anyone please tell me which jellybean official firmware i should download for mah gal... morehellllo deepak if u r from india haaa then u can go to the near samsung service center and tell them to install the jb ubdate.as it is officially available in india as of 03/04/2013 and 04:00hrs from the clock ok bro so go and get the update.samsung takes time but gives the update iff promise early for that bro ok tc