varun, 01 Aug 2009no qwerty keyboardThanks Varun. Do you (or anyone else here) think that qwerty makes a big difference? Personally, I find predictive texting T9 more east as it's surely faster than using a qwerty.
If this qwerty thing is ignored, then can we say Preston or the Star 3G is much better than the Star (non 3G)?
Can someone who has recently bought the Star 3G in India (Mumbai) please confirm if it has a qwerty keypad in landscape mode. The basic Star (non-3G) does seem to have a qwerty as posted on gsmarena review (http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_s5230_star-review-372p4.php)
Would appreciate an answer asap as I'm planning to buy the phone.
The battery life is surprisingly good.
Go to setting>network settings>network mode (anything except UMTS and Automatic).
which one is better? Samsung i900 Omnia, Samsung i8910 Omnia HD or Samsung S5600 Preston? Thank you.
How do I cancel buttons at the bottom of the screen while i am playing the touchscreen games?
I would like to purchase this phone, but the only thing I am scared of is the battery capacity with such a big screen with 16M colors.
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to switch off the 3G ? If yes, it should be ok for the battery. I hope so. Thank you!!
chotzzz singapore, 30 Jul 2009zoom works when it is in video recording mode..... stupid samsung.. list of features/bug nee... moreAre.. it has option to turn offf keepad tones... u need to xplore for dat.. in standby mode press volume lower button ..u wil knw...
personally, i don't like its message capacity. it can only store up to 500 messages with memory card. =(
My 1st Samsung phone. After 5 days, here is my impression.
- Connects to my old Motorola ROKRZ6 S9 Bluetooth stereo headset (VERY BIG +++ for me).
- Capacitative screen, obviously works better than my sis' Nokia 5800xm.
- 7.2 HSDPA, very fast inet connection.
- Great quality speaker audio due to Samsung DNSe technology, quite on par with my ROKR Z6 and E8 (I have 2 Moto ROKRs).
- Excellent screen.
- Good call quality.
- Document viewer.
- Body plastics looks quite good and classy *but a fingerprint magnet).
- Call quality is good, but not as good as Motorolas with CrystalTalk.
- Using my S9 headset sounds more on the treble sound, needs a bit more bass but audio is louder than my ROKR and the sound quality is as clear.
- Needs more WIDGETS! (Samsung app store... I pray for you guys to answer this!)
- Would be nice if it had Wifi.
- No QWERTY.
- Cannot use 2ndary camera aside from video calls.
- Does not have separate 3.5mm audio jack, but still okay since Samsung provided an adapter.
Design: 9 (Looks very classy for a mid-end phone, really puts iPhone to shame)
Features: 8 (Very very good performance and Samsung's appstore holds a promise)
Performance: 8.5 (Just a bit laggy at times but overall performance for the price range is way more than what is expected)
I am pretty much very happy with it.
Alas.... the only thing lacks in this phone is operating system. Means it is not a smart phone. Samsung pls pls pls...bring a smart phone with all the specificatios of this phone at same price. Or bring new version of this phone with operating system without any change in price. Believe me it will sell like 'hot dogs'