I have an n70 at the moment but am looking to purchase a new phone just to use as an mp3 player. I think i might get the k750i. Would this be a good choice?
- Restart is needed after "Found New Hardware" wizard finish it's job, you've installed a new driver now and you must restart your machine to let your OS deal with the new driver values, and restarting the application is also required before restarting the PC and net speed has nothing to do with it.
- As for the time, I don't know, I haven't updated to the latest one yet -even I haven't memorized its version name-, but as far as I can recall, it took about 40 minutes to update from R1N035 to R1AA008 on the same 56 K dial-up modem with an average connection speed of 3 KBPS -56 K dial-up modem has a max. speed of 7 KBPS-.
- Are you sure that there is no customer care centers for SE located in your country ?? What made you come to that belief ?? Also, where have you bought your mobile from ??
It supports all picture formats, so JPEG is of course supported.
- K750 and W550 have the same media player -differs only in albums/artists sorting arrangement-, so K750 has the same options (mega bass and all others).
- Not sure about the rest of your questions -I don't have a W550-, so can't give you an answer.
As long as it's of MS Duo Pro type, then it will be supported for sure, these models only differs in read/write and access time, you know just like DDR rams, there are lots of types & models that differs in latencies, voltages and other stuff, but all are the same DDR 400 MHz rams.
Hi Can somebody help me? The phone uses the San disk Pro Duo memory Card (blue one). Can it use the other types of san disk Pro Duo memory cards (like the Ultra card)? There are so many out there I don't want to buy one thats not compatible. Thanks
PLZ HELP ME MAKING DECISION
IS the sound quality of K750 is as good as W550i ( W550i i think has more functions like bass setting etc.) . & is w550i headphones workable on K750i. (my prob is that i have dumbo like ears and w550i earphones can fix in any ear, i m afraid k750's earphone might just keep falling off my ears. thirdly , is w550i camera really bad????? help me pleeez ..
sorry but i'm forgget.what's the size of the k750 firmwares?and how long it took to donwloade on phon with low speed 56k lines?
hy doul.how are u?
i try it at home and i it seem that no restarting needed.becaus seus was installed properly and finding new hardware proces was completly succed.but i dn't know why the program restarted.i think it's becaus of the net speed.
i have another big problem that there is no se customer care center in iran :((
I have no idea about that, I think you might find one or two if you google it.
So you're in a net cafe, mmmmmm, restarting is required -says SE not me-, so you'll have to wait for tomorrow -assuming that at the end of the day he/she (your friend) shuts down his/her PC :P-.
Listen, why don't you give it a try and tell me whether it worked or not ?? Gonna be a very useful info. if it truly worked.
CS (Computer Science) is my study -senior student-, reading articles/reviews about PC hardware -especially VGA and CPU- and some other stuff in various fields -mobiles are amongst them- is my hobby.
But a matter of fact, I don't know everything about every mobile.
Doul... thanks a lot man... seriously appreciate all the help. What do you do? How on earth do you know so much about all the phones? lol... it's another question I know...
hi doul.how are u man?
i'm trying to update firmware in my home with my slow conection bt it can't done.beacus when i start seus program after that page wich it says now relase the c button the seus program restart from the begening.
i think it's couse of my conection.
ow i want one of my friend that he has accese to high speed net conection to do a faver for me.he accept but he said he can/t restart his computer during the installation.for exaple after installing the seus pakage.now my question is is that restarts is neccecery to update the firmware?
he can't restart his computer becaus thats computer was a server computer and it can't be restart becous all of the net user's from that network gose offline.
thanks u a lot and sorry again about my poor english.good luck :)
The lagging in camera is resolved in the latest firmware.
- IrDA stands for "Infrared Data Association".
If you don't know anything about IrDA, read here: http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/I/IrDA.html
There is an IrDA gap on the top end of the phone, and a turn On/Off button is also here. A new interface slot Fast Port is placed on the bottom end
i just copied and pasted this from a review sight (http://www.mobile-review.com/review/sonyericsson-k750-en.shtml) what does IrDA mean? anyone help
- very stylish design
- Good radio reception with RDS
- Nice USB charging feature
- very light at 99g
- great themes and tones
- Scratch prone screen (solved by screen protector)
- Lag in camera can be irritating at times
- hard keypad
- poor battery performance
the reason its gone is because this comments page thing goes through about 1 and a half pages of comments per 24hours
2 i bought mine for $500 in australia so convert that into where ever you are from
No, it's not built on Symbian OS, it's built on a custom JAVA OS bulit by SE with "Mascot Capsule" 3D-Engine integerated into it.
GPRS has nothing to do with the connection of the K750 with the PC, GPRS is for internet/WAP connection, the connection with the PC is via the fast port -using the supplied USB cable-, Bluetooth or IrDA.
If you wanted to copy/move any data to the shared memory, the speed will be average or less, but if moving/copying to the MS, the speed with be much faster.
Contact SE about it, but be specific with them -help them to help you-.
- I can't tell if you'll be able to repeat the steps again or not -it depends when the disconnection happened-, what I can assure to you is disconnection during the updating process won't damage your phone or software, just give it a try and if anything wrong happened -and you were unable to repeat the steps-, you can take the phone to any SE customer care center for fixing.
- No, not yet, guess you'll start the updating proccess just after reading this, so you're just one step away from the new firmware to tell the differences yourself.
- Try your own region first, if it didn't work, you can try middle-east (en) -my region-.
robs & Carthik
They are the same, K750i stands for International version -in supported languages-, while K750c stands for China version -with chinese language support and as the primary language in the phone OS-.
Though I don't understand a word but let me try, when you finish installing the SEUS package and restart the PC, there will be an icon on your desktop named "Update Service", click on that icon, now select the port type of your K750 -as far as I remember, the left one-, now connect the USB cable into the phone and follow the instructions -when it tells you to press C and hold it, just keep pressing it and wait, it will start automatically-.
I'm not a guru with SE or whatever, I just have a K750 and only sharing my experience with it with you.
For your question, you'll have to contact SE about it.
I guess your phone will already have the latest firmware installed into it, to check that go to stand-by mode -get out of screen saver/clock mode by pressing back key, or press * then right-hand soft key (Unlock) if you have the keybad locked-, now move the joystick to right direction -ignore the application that will open, if any, and continue with the combination-, press *, move the joystick to left direction twice then press *, move the joystick again to left direction then finally press *, a "Service" menu will open, click on "Service info" and then click on "Software info", the first line is your current working firmware.
If it was different than R1BC002, just read my post addressed to "maani" in my posting in page 7 or 8 to know how to install your phone on your PC and update its firmware.
1) No, the built-in player is more than enough, and it plays video too.
2) Your phone is able to play back 3GP and MPEG4 (MP4) formats, you can try MpegAble X4 Live or ImToo converters, just while converting make sure to make the resolution 176*144 to scale correctly with your k750 screen.
Set the phone into silent mode before opening the lens cover and take a picture, if the shutter sound was muted, then you're OK, if it wasn't , then you'll either have to live with it, or change the firmware into other country one.
personally luv dis great fone...but could sumbody please let me know how i can change or disable the camera's sound?
Doul!!!! Thanks a ton for all the help dude... REALLY REALLY appreciate it. And btw what's the diff between k750 and k750i? They are just diff marketing names right?
thanks a lot, i was able to finish software update.
I want some more information.
1) Do we have any other Video Player for SONY K750i, which can be installed to my mobile and can play movie clips.
2) Right now i can only play 3GP format. can anyone suggest me any software to convert .dat to 3GP so that i can play in my mobile. If i convert like that does it realy works?