I had somme problems with the music on my memory card,because I taught thet it was erased,but it was'n so.If you tun off the pc,and you unplug the phone only after the pc is off,the phone doesn't recognize your memory stick,but if you unplug it when the pc is on,there are no problems.
oya~ one more thing i heard about sony ericsson phone is the joystick~ lots of my frens who using s.e phone complaining that the joystick spoil easily~ is it real?
Just finished speaking to SE customer support who said all the problems i was having with the phone are software problems, and to fix them all i had to do was UPDATE THE SOFTWARE from WWW.sonyericsson.com. If only it was that easy, i cant get the update to work on my Pc. Oh What Fun
whats good about w800i. Brill 2.0 megapix cam, good looking phone, lots of features. whats bad about w800i- poor speaker volume compared with my SE v800i, phone has multiple software problems. this is the 3rd w800i ive had in a month that doesnt work, phone turns itself on and off, cam turns itself on and off, cam refuses to turn on, music to phone disc software on pc deleted entire memory card. Im Not A Very Happy Chap, oh and yes the joystick is too small.
texting is really easy actually! i always had nokias before this and i was texting like a pro within a day of getting my w800i!
have no fear! x
Get to know your phone bro!
1) You can access the menu while making a call
Go to MORE-> MAIN MENU-> AND WALLAH YOU HAVE YOUR MAIN MENU!
2) Flash can be switched off when not needed, just press the *(star butto) and will off,or
GO TO-> ORGANISER-> LIGHTS-> OFF
HOPE IT WORKS M8
1. joystick - have had the same problem.. but after a while it loosen itself and now it works fine..
2. memory card - by this do you mean when you plug the phone to the pc the contents of the memory stick disappears? if so, don't worry.. it's normal..you can't view youre memory stick in your phone when you are connected to the pc..when you unplug it, it'll come back to normal..just don't forget to "safely remove hardware" the phone, (click on the lower right icon) because it will damage your memory stick.. this is based on my own experience..
OK... got some negative and positive points about this phone:
- The joystick; when I try and go up/down/left/right I press it in by mistake sometimes, and so it selects something I don't want. Basically it's too small. But this isn't a major problem.
- Maybe it's just me, but has anyone else found that when they plug in their phone to the computer, the music files and pictures are all erased?? OK... the pics. I can live with, because when they're on the computer, I can print them out, and that's what I wanted really anyway. But it would be nice to still have them stored in the phone wouldn't it? But it really annoys me with the music. It takes time to load them on to the phone.
ANY HELP?!!!??! PLEASE!!
+ Camera is brill
+ Flash is brill
+ Sound quality is amazing, like an iPod
+ Loads more!
So can anyone help me on those 2 points in the top? Thanks
It's a great phone,But i'm werry disappointed by the camera.Outside,the pictures are great,but when u make pictures in a room...Them are werry bad.
U can write anything in wordpad,or evan notpad,but you must save the text with the .txt extension,and the you will find the text in the saved web pages.This is verry usefull.
Been using it for a month and its functionality still surprises me in a positiv way. No phone with this size can compete with the w800!
cld ne1 plz tell me for how long can u record video? i mean wats the max limit. i've read that sumtimes while connecting with the comp, data gets erased automatically. is it true? thnx in advance
Wow nice phone I buyed this 1 today and it is GREAT!!
I think coolest SE phone and it is not so expencive...I buyed it for about 350€ HEHE
The mp3 sound is very very good and the camera is good to..its only the video recorder...
sall.this fone is great.well.....the joystick is a little bad but i can pass over it.i have one question and if someboby is so kind to answer me i will be happy :)).is this fone supporting files written in wordpad ???and if such files are transfered into the fone will it be able to read them ??? well...there are 2 questions but if you answer me i shall thank yow twice :)).please answer me.re all.
are u completely satisfied by this phone?how is the display?is the joystick is ok?
please ans.I want to buy this phone.should I?
hey guys.....I bought the SE w800i 1 months ago..it has got superb 2MP camera and a real loud mp3ringtones(none other phone can stand up to it) but the only problem is when particular songs are played, the sound sometimes get fuzzy....some resonence occurs with the camera cover......except this every things are perfect
after having it for about 5 days, i am very happy with it.
+..The audio is spectacular
+..The design stands out.
+..The camera pics are the best of all cell phones.
+..Great battery life.
+..The reception is great, especially when your using the FM tuner.
+..The menus for a cell phone with no OS is great.
-..You can't go to the menu while your on a call.
-..The way the flash works with the camera i don't like. The flash is always on.
-..You can't access menu while sending or receiving with Bluetooth.
The joystick from this fone is vearry bad.I have him mounds and he is al 2 thimes for garanties posted
i just bought this phone and it completely blows my nokia 6630...the walkman idea is brilliant. It sounds as good as any ipod mp3 player. I love it....9/10