Anyone Uses Cingular sevice with this phone in NYC?
I wanna hear about the signal strength.
one more thing , The N70 Lags sometimes.
Symbian OS also have bugs
I have a Nokia N70 ,it's a symbian smartphone. The SE W800 is just a phone.
so here :
-can install applications
-2mp camera with no auto-focus and bad macro shots when shots are taken too near
-symbian OS ver 8.1a feature pack 3
-This phone has 3G connectivity
-Battery Life is average ,if Dual Mode (3G and GSM Networks)
-EXCELLENT 2 megapixel camera
-512 Memory Stick Duo PRO included
-Sony Ericsson UI
-Good Sound Quality
-No 3G ,but longer battery life
-Small ,wieghts only 99g
See if it fits ur requirements
what video convertor do you use ?
To trsgf -
Thanks for clearing that up :-)
yes, you can select any tones from your phone saved like mp3, ringtones,or else as the message tones.pls dont worry about this.
hi,guys, i have just updated my software to the latest FW R1AA008,it works faster, clearer and better,and i can even take pics without switching on my phone (i am not sure of the earlier version, never tried that.),it solved some bugs in the earlier version, try it.
I had this phone for about 5 month, and till now I've never had any problem. This phone has a really good features. It's good for someone who want to buy a cheap phone with good features. The software Disc2Phone work normaly and do the music compress very fast. But like others opinions, I agree that the speaker for this phone is poor. Maybe Sony Ericsson just want to give a smooth sound not like most of Nokia phones. If you want to buy this phone, I offer you to buy it now. Iv'e never had a great phone like this! BUY IT!!!
I have SE K300i and have ordered W800i for next week. Can anyone tell me if you can change the SMS tone or is it just the default ones like K300i??
help!! i 1 2 download some songs from my PC to W800 using the USB but i dono how.. can any1 teach me?
if ur having problems just buy a memory card because the default card is mess up if uhave question email me natedoog2004 k laterz
I had somme problems with the music on my memory card,because I taught thet it was erased,but it was'n so.If you tun off the pc,and you unplug the phone only after the pc is off,the phone doesn't recognize your memory stick,but if you unplug it when the pc is on,there are no problems.
oya~ one more thing i heard about sony ericsson phone is the joystick~ lots of my frens who using s.e phone complaining that the joystick spoil easily~ is it real?
Just finished speaking to SE customer support who said all the problems i was having with the phone are software problems, and to fix them all i had to do was UPDATE THE SOFTWARE from WWW.sonyericsson.com. If only it was that easy, i cant get the update to work on my Pc. Oh What Fun
whats good about w800i. Brill 2.0 megapix cam, good looking phone, lots of features. whats bad about w800i- poor speaker volume compared with my SE v800i, phone has multiple software problems. this is the 3rd w800i ive had in a month that doesnt work, phone turns itself on and off, cam turns itself on and off, cam refuses to turn on, music to phone disc software on pc deleted entire memory card. Im Not A Very Happy Chap, oh and yes the joystick is too small.
texting is really easy actually! i always had nokias before this and i was texting like a pro within a day of getting my w800i!
have no fear! x
is it hard to use this phone for texting?
Get to know your phone bro!
1) You can access the menu while making a call
Go to MORE-> MAIN MENU-> AND WALLAH YOU HAVE YOUR MAIN MENU!
2) Flash can be switched off when not needed, just press the *(star butto) and will off,or
GO TO-> ORGANISER-> LIGHTS-> OFF
HOPE IT WORKS M8
1. joystick - have had the same problem.. but after a while it loosen itself and now it works fine..
2. memory card - by this do you mean when you plug the phone to the pc the contents of the memory stick disappears? if so, don't worry.. it's normal..you can't view youre memory stick in your phone when you are connected to the pc..when you unplug it, it'll come back to normal..just don't forget to "safely remove hardware" the phone, (click on the lower right icon) because it will damage your memory stick.. this is based on my own experience..
OK... got some negative and positive points about this phone:
- The joystick; when I try and go up/down/left/right I press it in by mistake sometimes, and so it selects something I don't want. Basically it's too small. But this isn't a major problem.
- Maybe it's just me, but has anyone else found that when they plug in their phone to the computer, the music files and pictures are all erased?? OK... the pics. I can live with, because when they're on the computer, I can print them out, and that's what I wanted really anyway. But it would be nice to still have them stored in the phone wouldn't it? But it really annoys me with the music. It takes time to load them on to the phone.
ANY HELP?!!!??! PLEASE!!
+ Camera is brill
+ Flash is brill
+ Sound quality is amazing, like an iPod
+ Loads more!
So can anyone help me on those 2 points in the top? Thanks