The only disadvantage of this fone is the expected battery life.. 285 hrs buti love the fact that it has Android OS..
THe fone is going for cheap on contract in SA 2 so thats a plus plus..
ng, 28 Jul 2010Izit tis XPERIA X10 mini phone dun hv 3G????Yes this phone does have 3g....
Hi everyone, i just got this phone, loving it so far but have some serious questions, hope someone can help....
01) Bluetooth- just cant get any device connected after pairing. tried everything.
02) Pictures- cant find options per file
03) customizing - themes, chaging the shortcut icons???
overall the phone is great
GSMArena's specs page for X10 mini states that it has a document viewer and a digital compass. This information is false. I purchased this phone a couple of days ago and it doesn't have either a doc viewer or a digital compass. EVen the camera resolution has been stated wrong in the specs page. It is 2592x1944.
I found following basic features missing from the phone:
1. You can't connect to an ad-hoc wifi network. Only infrastructure networks are visible.
2. If your WiFi network requires you to specify a proxy server for internet access, you can't use X10 mini or even X10 for internet. This happened to be the bigget disadvantage for me. As I could very well access internet through my institute's network on my old P1i but on this device I can't because of the proxy issue. So, its a downgrade for me.
3. It is a smarthone still it doesn't have any doc viewer bundled.
4. The browser isn't touch optimized. I seem to mis-tap links when they are placed close to each other. This was never an issue on my P1i with Opera Mobile fingertouch, or even the built in browser.
5. You can't transfer files from bluetooth!!!!!!
These are all the limitations of android. Sony Ericsson can't be blamed for it.
6. You can't create your own playlists in music player.
Ok, now some pros:
1. Awesome UI!!! Its very pleasing. Kudos to the HCI(Human Computer Interaction) researchers.
2. Everything is very fast and responsive. Nothing lags, as it used to do with Symbian smart phones. Everything opens up superfast. Even the bootup is almost as fast as SE java phones.
3. The android browser is perfect and hits a sweet spot!
iam using xperia x10mini and I think its the best phone available in market today...i think its perfect phone in all watever u consider...iam lot satisfied wit this phone...i too could not connect to any device...i got a file manager from market and its working..overall its a great phone to buy..
hey kristian.. thanks alot girl when i click on the mess tab it goes directly to new message.. n the delete option is there to delete all the mess from one person.. is there a way to delete like ten mess out of 15 tat a single per sent me at once or i have to delete all!!!
praneeth, 25 Jul 2010HTC wildfire price is 25000 INR...where did u get the wildfire for the price of 15000 INR in INDIAWildfire cant be costing 25000 because htc legend costs 25000 which has more features as compared to wildfire
dj, 28 Jul 2010love this phone!! but can anyone tell me how do i delete multiple messages i can only delete o... moreGo to inbox.Press right button ¤¤ then you get the
option to delete all or some sms
MY bluetooth is still not working, even after downloading the new bluetooth for androids...how do I make it work?
love this phone!! but can anyone tell me how do i delete multiple messages i can only delete one mess at a time please help!!
i have always been a sony ericsson hater for decads but i was impressed by my friend x10 lately but i would rather go for wave with the same price.....
but when i see this x10mini.... i think its so cheap and having almost the same spce with x10 and selling with much more lower price.... this time sony ericsson really touched me....
but can someone who own this x10mini tell about the build quality and how is the feel of holding it??
One thing I observed with this mobile is that If I select "Charge Phone" and then while charging is going on, I try to call someone (say miss call also), charging stops...
What is this behavior? shouldn't it continue charging while I also call someone?
how cani upgrade my x10 mini to android 2.0 from 1.6 .????and what is the difference between them???
shanky., 27 Jul 2010Listen up guys! To install bluetooth, you need not have to install astro file manager.. ... moreAccording 2 one U.K website X10 mini is the 4th best mobile phone available in the market 2day!!..2.1 update will only make it better if not the best:)...so guys b proud f urslf like me:))
shanky, 27 Jul 2010Its seems like you know all about sony xperia x10 mini... Android market's search functionalit... moreIf you need so much a free document editor and you don't want to spend a few dollars, (a viewer is free anyway!) just go for your symbian or WM! They are surpassed OSs, slow and with a lot of problems! No wonder that the big manufactures like HTC, SAMSUNG and SE choose Android os! Any way, remember that 70% of the apps on the Android Market are free! ;-) in the same time, I know that is impossible to find the perfect device! You have to look first your wallet and then make a choice! And i'm just saying that the Mini here is the best deal on the market! Cheers!
Listen up guys!
To install bluetooth, you need not have to install astro file manager.. Got to http://www.medieval.it/sw/BlueFTP.apk
and download the app. Then go to application installer which comes pre installed.. This app will search for downloaded apps from you sd card automatically and prompt you for installation. Install it and start using it..
Lorenzo, 27 Jul 2010The X10 mini it is THE BEST Android Smartphone you're gonna get for 320 $ (249€)!! I repeat: S... moreIts seems like you know all about sony xperia x10 mini... Android market's search functionality is pathetic.. I am not able to find an office suite for my xperia mini..... ofcourse you do have apps like quick connect, documents to go 2.0 blah blah.. But they are'nt free.... What is google expecting from its customers? Should i have to spend a few dollars to get the most important app installed in my xperia despite spending 300 $ for the phone itself.. ? All symbian and windows phones come with office pre-loaded.. When they can why not google...?
The X10 mini it is THE BEST Android Smartphone you're gonna get for 320 $ (249€)!! I repeat: SMARTPHONE!! So if you don't have any idea how to use it please stop complaining about stupid things!!
1. Bluetooth WORKS!! Just take a look in the Android Market and choose the right app! [BFT for example]
2. It is a device build to be connected to the internet (the smallest on the market!)so is obvious that the batery won't last a week! Just install an app that will help you monitorise and kill the unwanted background processes.. [Juice Defender & Task Killer]
3. Not happy with it? Buy an iPhone 4.. with an EXTRA 700$ (540€) is all yours! :)))))
i bought x10 mini last week. i was quiet satisfied with the touch screen. but its battery life sucks. even with a less than average usage i am not getting 24hrs battery life. is it the same way with others too...??or am i having a faulty piece...???or is there some thing i can do to increase its battery life..?? ps:i did all the things shown in the video provided to inc the battery life...