Aneesh, 13 Apr 2018How many speakers in Redmi 5, mine working only right side speaker. Speaker just on the right side, left side is for mic
Yws, 15 Apr 2018I did not receive 9.5 update too.Specs mentioned got fast Charging, did not see any fast charging.
Syazzwnii, 13 Apr 2018I don't get the update!I did not receive 9.5 update too.
I love this mobile phone...
Really wonderful ...
I am too much happy to used it.
Hi..i'm from malaysia..using this redmi 5 for 2 weeks..but 1 thing i notice when i set the camera setting to save to sd card, i cant save any picture (it seems like i already take picture but nothing saved in gallery)..but when i change back save to phone, then only save the picture(in gallery)..anyone facing same issue? Can someone suggest how to fixed it? Really appreciate feedback..tq..
Smartie, 12 Apr 2018Got 9.5 update today. All great I don't get the update!
Does this phone have volte?? Someone help.. I can't make calls through Jio in India
Redmi 5 3GB/32GB, here are MY pros and cons after 2 weeks.
- Very good battery life, discharge from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. 5hrs on screen time with 20% left. My usages are 1h30 of chrome with 3,4 tabs open, 30 mins of Gmail, 20 mins of gaming (f1 2016, hitman go), 20 mins of Youtube (720p), 20 mins of 9Gag, 30 mins for Facebook, 1h of Messenger and I also use it to make phone call and some other stuffs...
- MIUI experiences, simple, intuitive with very little bloatware and the good thing is that you can disable them.
- Good performance, very responsive, lag free with basic apps like FB, 9Gag, Messenger, Word, Outlook/Gmail, Chrome.
- Good temperature under heavy load, all you gonna feel is a little warm in the back of the phone, at the camera position.
- Undemanding games work smoothly.
- Decent camera for this price range, I strongly recommend you to enable HDR mode, it will took you 2 to 3 secs to take the picture but the end result is pretty good, totally worth it.
- 5.7 inches size is quite manageable as I owned a 5 inches phone before.
- Loudspeaker with very little distortion when at max volume.
- Long charging time, 2h20 from zero to full charge.
- Overnight power consumption is a little bit high, 4% of battery.
- Sweaty fingertip will make the fingerprint sensor struggle.
- Outdoor, under direct sunlight visibility is very limited due to the phone not very high max brightness.
- No dedicated microSD slot.
- Protrude camera lens.
- Currently, MIUI on my phone is conflicting with FB ans Messenger, make it constantly stop working, I have to use the lite version instead.
- Real time update of where you are pointing using GPS + Mobile data is very slow and inconsistance, pretty annoying sometimes.
- Navigation keys sometimes don't show up.
It is very good smartphone at this price. But it has two drawback also which irritates me and that does not shown in any website even not in gsmarena and ndtvgadget.
1. It has only one notification light colour.
2. It can not connect to any type of other.
I searched nearly all the leading website before buying this but no one shows me these drawback. gsmarena very disappointed me about that. If you are seeking to buy mi mobile at this range then I prefer you to buy Redmi note 5 (3/32) which has dual LED flash, 4000mah battery and free from above drawbacks.
Hello, I do not know if it will be a mistake but in
the xiaomi page redmi 5 has some bands that
are not shown here and some that are here but
in the page of xiaomi they are not
Great look, great size, great performance, great interface, great price/quality ratio
Andy, 04 Apr 2018The Redmi5 only has 2.4Ghz wifi and the cpu is slower compared to the 5+ which has dual band w... moreIf there were same no one will buy the 5+ 😑 Xiaomi not doing mistake there were good for making prices and processor