Motorola ATRIX 2 MB865 - user opinions and reviews

1939662

7.7
7.8
7.6

Got this phone for 3 weeks now. Absolutely love it. Solid design and never encounterd a single random shutdown or hung.
HD display is fantastic when you play the free bundled HD game.
Battery is good as compare to my previous Samsung Galaxy ACE which gave me tons of problems.
Was actually considering to get Motorola or Samsung Galaxy 2, but fortuately made the right decision.
Value for a competitive price,as I paid only a nominal price when re-contract.

• 2012-05-17 11:24
  • ijxS

> In reply to mantu @ 2012-05-15 10:26 from t}45 - click to readDon't know about battery back up? Got Atrix 2 as insurance replacement for Atrix. It has half the storage, is extremely slow, touch screen works about 2/3 of the time and part of that it opens something beside what you touch. It closes web pages on it's own and requires being powered off frequently to resume functioning. Battery doesn't last all day even if only used moderately.

• 2012-05-17 04:41
  • ItFj

Hi Friends, I started facing a new issue with this mobile phone, actually not me but my friends are facing this issue, most of the people complain me and they can't hear my voice loud. Initially I thought it could be n issue with my friend'd handset but 80% people have started complaining about the same then I was bound to think that it seems to be an issue with my handset.

Is there anybody else who is facing same kinna issue with his/her Atrix 2. Don't know what 2 do?

• 2012-05-17 03:30
  • sGPF

> In reply to Thullraven @ 2012-05-15 22:47 from qWPF - click to readHi and thanks. I've dealt with both issues by rooting the phone and disabling/changing a few permissions.

Regarding the Atrix2, I don't know how it compares to the Atrix 4G, but IMO it really is a superb phone (especially if you consider the price). I think it delivers about 80-90% the awesomeness one would expect from a Galaxy S2, and actually have a few advantages over the latter. Most notably, build quality.

However, if super strong encryption is a must for you, RiM is the master of its own art, and there is no real substitute for a Blackberry.

• 2012-05-17 00:31
  • pIb$

Please add expected upgrade to ICS by Q3 as per the following Official Motorola blog URL.

• 2012-05-16 20:01
  • t}dP
  • F

Please add that Atrix 2 is supposed to get ICS by Q3 2012 as per the official Motorola blog in below URL.

• 2012-05-16 20:00
  • t}dP

Using it from past 3days.............Amazing phone.....

• 2012-05-16 19:36
  • Qd5d

> In reply to MMM @ 2012-05-13 16:42 from 7tMv - click to readIts work only wifi or 3G plan

• 2012-05-16 08:31
  • vG6e

> In reply to mantu @ 2012-05-15 10:26 from t}45 - click to readIt has 1day battery backup
And touch is very smooth

• 2012-05-16 08:23
  • vG6e

Need information to help me decide between BB Torch 9810, Atrix 4G, and Atrix 2. I've used my BB since it came out. Been happy with it for the most part, but have noticed the browsing is better on the Atrix 4G that I also have. Stayed with BB this long because of the security and compressed data. I can upgrade and get an Atrix 2 free. Should I go to the Atrix 2? Is it that much better than the Atrix 4G? Or should I just stay with my BB Torch? Please help me out. Thanks.

• 2012-05-15 22:47
  • qWPF

> In reply to 1sickbastard @ 2012-04-25 06:11 from Kx3v - click to readI have the same issue with my unlocked BB Torch. It's because AT&T disables the network mode feature. My friend used his unlocked phone with T-Mobile to test this out. When he put an AT&T SIM card in he lost network mode. When he put back in his T-Mobile SIM, he got back network mode. There isn't an easy work around.AT&T told me it is because they are discontinuing their 2G towers.

• 2012-05-15 22:39
  • qWPF

> In reply to vd @ 2012-05-14 11:51 from ijyn - click to readI can't seem to get alerts on my phone when I get texts. Anybody know what to do?

• 2012-05-15 20:01
  • qTpv

I bought this mobile phone 2 weeks ago, until now i dont know how to make a video call, pls anybody tell me how to solve my problem

• 2012-05-15 16:09
  • veU$

hello all
actually i am thinking to buy this phone but can any body who is using it could tell about its touch & battery backup thing?

• 2012-05-15 10:26
  • t}45

> In reply to LoveIt @ 2012-05-14 10:36 from 7w4X - click to readHi, I bought it at Reliance Digital stores in hyderabad for 23,449. It was available on flipkart for 21,990 only. when i contacted flipkart asking whether the mobiles they sell are brand new or not and whether they tamper the handset or not, in first instance they said that they have 30 days replacement warranty, and i was not sure what they meant so went ahead and bought at reliance digital, when i contacted the flipkart cs again they have assured me that they sell only genuine mobiles and without tampering the seal and everything, if they answered in this manner in the first place i would have saved a cool 1,349 rupees, so moral is you can buy at flipkart.

• 2012-05-15 09:57
  • t1$E

> In reply to [deleted post]Is your sim card is old one if it is old one replcae it with new one.

• 2012-05-15 07:35
  • ijyn

full hd (1080p) recording @24fps or @30 fps ???
plz reply !!!

• 2012-05-14 18:24
  • XuqS

I have new Atrix 2 one week back. For activating 3g service I given to mobile outlet and they have done some changes in the mobile .After that my SIM is not deducting in the mobile it show " no SIM" .Please help me...... its really urgent

• 2012-05-14 17:47
  • ut{A

full hd (1080p) recording @24fps or @30fps ???

• 2012-05-14 17:44
  • XuqS
Total of 1646 user reviews and opinions for Motorola ATRIX 2 MB865.