News - Reader comments

iPhone 4S antenna furthers Apple/Samsung patent war

09 October, 2011 | Read the news | Post your comment
iPhone 4S antenna furthers Apple/Samsung patent war - read the full textThe iPhone 4S features a new antenna design, intended to prevent any risk of 'Antennagate' reoccuring, a plight that some iPhone 4 owners will remember all too well. Not only that, the 4S's new dual antennas can automatically switch when sending and receiving information, a trick Apple say is a...

 

Sort by:

Reply to anonymous : Yeah. Maybe stepback twice as hard :)

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 13:15
  • MHx0

> In reply to Jo @ 2011-10-10 10:29 from HDJ2 - click to readThe problem is not innovation. The problem is nearly all there ideas and so called "innovation" are stolen. They take others ideas, call it their own, everyone believes they are the true inventors an innovators. They get big powerful and rich. Then they have the gull to go and try and patent their stolen ideas and then even directly sue the companies in which they stole the ideas from. Then they even feel they have the right to claim squares. Then they get away with photo shopped evidence...but they are apple so it must be aloud....pathetic.....

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 13:00
  • efuu

what a strange comment i"i dont have a problem with signal and its only people who dont have them complain.Err well i think youll find its people that own them who have noticed the problem.I think abit of proof reading and less contradiction might be needed carphone man??

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 12:58
  • M3s@

> In reply to CVarphone Guy @ 2011-10-10 10:27 from M3s@ - click to readLearn your facts kiddo. Samsung and Lg had that design before Apple did. So like everything else Apple has they stole the design. So had Samsung copied the look of the iphone, which they didn't, then they would be using their own design anyways. Not Apple's.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 12:56
  • efw8

> In reply to carr1873 @ 2011-10-10 11:47 from 3AxW - click to readThere is an enormous difference between what's most popular and what's best. Apple most popular. Samsung best.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 12:54
  • efw8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-10-10 01:21 from 3ZQE - click to readyou just made the most stupid comment out of all the ones here so far.

You're retarded for thinking patents are retarded.
Reason: Companies spend huge amounts of money on R & D just to invent new products and technology. How are they going to recover their costs if once their product hits the market replicas start popping up in China a week later?
Patents are in place so that companies can recover their R & D costs. Without patents no one would be willing to spend time and money to create new things and the world would never improve.
Besides patents are not forever. Eventually it will become available to the masses. It's stupid companies like Apple that, in order to eat a part of someone else's pie, use technology that others invented without giving them credit in order to reap profits they don't deserve.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 12:48
  • Ycte

> In reply to [deleted post]I can proudly say that i have NEVER had a issue with my iphone in terms of this 'signal' problem.
It only seems to be people that actually DONT have an iphone that say how much of an issue it is? Wich is wierd? If you ask the people that actually use the handset, you'll find they have no issues....but yes ok...there will be a 'handfull' of people who have had a problem becuase there obviously IS a problem for a small amount of people but weigh up the ammount of people who do and who dont...it must be 1/500 who do have problems, but thats not enough to say that its poor or 'ipod' like.
I think Apple users and cool and relaxed about the whole 'patient' thing really.
I mean Samsung are bringing out an update for the GS2 because they just lost a court battle over how similar they look in terms of icons! Samsung are loosing the battle in front of your eyes and EVERY GS2 user is going to have to SEE that on there device.
If apple had to bring out an update to change the fundimental homescreen layout of there device because it looked identicle to samsung, you Samsung Fan boys would be laughing all over our faces, saying how were coppy cats, but when it happens to you, apple users just sit back, relax, and dont really have to rub it in anyones faces, we expect it to happen, we see it happen, no comment. Fight Won

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 12:37
  • M3s@

> In reply to kiloh3rtz @ 2011-10-10 01:45 from ms0G - click to readFirst of all...What the heck is all that ramble??!!
Second. Apple is not the best. Apple is that name that everyone knows and calls the best because they believe what the TV says rather then knowing fact. Meanwhile people who actually know things about technology know about more advanced phones like the Galaxy. And Samsung surely did not copy Apple. Samsung had a phone announced a year prior to the announcement of the Iphone. LG also prior had a phone announced and released prior to the iphone. Both share the similar design, except Samsung's had a keyboard as well. Samsung however only had a prototype out before the release of Iphone. So the design as everything else with Apple was not their original idea. And Samsung is a huge name...Not just for mobiles but as inventors and innovators of the technological world.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 12:25
  • efvH

> In reply to CVarphone Guy @ 2011-10-10 10:27 from M3s@ - click to readOkay have your iPhone4 without antenna and proudly call it iPod.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 12:12
  • PBC3

like a "new" category tablet for iPad.

Archos had tablets a lot before iPad.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 11:59
  • MyE4

> In reply to carr1873 @ 2011-10-10 11:47 from 3AxW - click to readyeah,but why should i pay 700 euros for a broken device???????? iphone quality is pure 0!!!!!!

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 11:54
  • JKZB

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-10-10 11:42 from Pxxd - click to readif plastic is your only problem with samsung,please,do us a favour,and shoot your self...interface is great in both,it seems that you have NEVER even seen Galaxy model...so,please,keep your iPhoney for yourself,you can't go any further from your iBrick...

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 11:51
  • JKZB

to be fair.. just because some people's iphones had problems ( like all electronic companies with millions of devices being made ) doens't mean it's a problem with all! production is massive and a few foreign bodies are likely to be found. The simple fact it,, iphone is the the easiest to use and most popular on the market among all ages!! My devices ova the past 3 years have bin awesome, with no complaints. jealous factor much???

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 11:47
  • 3AxW

I'm so sick and tired of Apple doing that... They take something old, then present it as being something new, big and of their own and unique only in their products, it's not true, but they say it and the Apple fanboys go crazy for it and buy the 5 times overpriced toy which they believe to be the only and the best... That's so ridiculous, what's sad is that even if it turns out not true what they say, the Apple fanboys barely ever get to know about it, or too late... But that's how Apple runs their marketing strategy, I believe they should be seriously taken in responsibility for saying not truth...

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 11:43
  • sk@5

> In reply to Soldout @ 2011-10-10 08:07 from TRFq - click to readWhat my last statement? What i said is my opinion. You think whatever you wish to think. But apple will always beat samsung in design and user interface, like it or not. Unless samsung get out of plastic....

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 11:42
  • Pxxd

> In reply to appleplonker @ 2011-10-10 10:41 from M3s@ - click to readyeah,you are right,after a year,you can expect everything from it...built quality is great,lasting quality,worst...

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 11:31
  • JKZB

I wonder who Siri belongs to... Could it be a distant cousin of Ms Voice Recognition?

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 11:25
  • HHHH

> In reply to Jo @ 2011-10-10 10:29 from HDJ2 - click to readI agree completely. It's the same back in the days when Dunlop innovated the tires which Goodyear made by adding an input valve, so you could add air. Not only was he granted a patent for it, tires wouldn't be practical today without it.

I know it's completely off topic, but the concept stays the same.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 10:52
  • sG8V

> In reply to Jo @ 2011-10-10 10:29 from HDJ2 - click to readSo, you say that you create something and you're happy that someone else uses your invention and makes money with it claiming it's their own invention and you don't get anything for its success? Meh.

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 10:52
  • mTXs

what's happening here is simple: when somebody steps hard on your foot, won't you want to step back?

  • Reply
  • 2011-10-10 10:44
  • Ia1A

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.