Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.7
7.7
7.5

> In reply to Suvham N8 @ 2014-07-13 18:06 from t1$A - click to readNever compare symbian with android.. Andoid is unique

• 2014-07-16 23:13
  • gAXW

Nokia N8 is a real camera phone. I always transfered the pictures to my tablet via bluetooth..it looks so nice . Yesterday I dropped it into water, just for few seconds only. .I dry it by hair dryer for five minutes then do it again by fan for several hours {phone was swicth off}.
Now it is in order :}

• 2014-07-16 21:07
  • PWar

Sorry for wrong spelling. I did not dropped it into water but I falled it into water accidentally. Just for few seconds only. .I switch it off and dry it with electric fan for several hours. Now I can use it without problem.
One more thing I want to say that I always keep my nokia n8 in a plastic cover to protect it.

• 2014-07-16 21:06

Now it is in order :}

• 2014-07-16 20:50
  • PWar

> In reply to MdN8 @ 2014-07-16 02:33 from B}Qm - click to readNice picture. It is very detailed. I heard there's a custom firmware called Belle Delight available for Nokia N8 and it's the best CFW there is and it is already hacked. Is it good and has no bugs in case you have used it on your N8?

• 2014-07-16 19:04
  • KAet

> In reply to Rest @ 2014-07-16 02:22 from u{KH - click to readYes you can. They are available at Nokia Store or Applist http://applist.schumi1331.de/

• 2014-07-16 02:35
  • B}Qm

> In reply to Suvham N8 @ 2014-07-15 12:47 from rKES - click to readThat's way more than enough. :-) I have around 74 MB free on C. Most of the apps I need constantly are on C, as I often plug my phone into my PC to charge it while I'm doing something, so for example Belle Extra Buttons have to stay running.
As for macros, you may be right. Here's a pic I took recently, 3X zoom, flash on...
It's a little grainy at full size but still pretty good. :-)

• 2014-07-16 02:33
  • B}Qm

can i download skype and Viber on N8

• 2014-07-16 02:22
  • u{KH

Can I download Viber and skype on this phone

• 2014-07-16 01:39
  • u{KH

Hey carol, can u plz advice me that how can we receive push notifications of our emails from yahoo & Google.

• 2014-07-15 22:14
  • fCx2

> In reply to Carol @ 2014-07-15 00:17 from J5Cm - click to readThanks Carol. I have installed those apps to E Drive Mass Memory. Actually all the seven applications that I use are installed on E Drive Mass Memory and I won't need to connect my N8 to PC because I have already got my music in the internal memory. That wouldn't create any problems, right?

• 2014-07-15 13:10
  • rKES

> In reply to MdN8 @ 2014-07-13 19:10 from 60PY - click to readThanks MdN8. I installed the two apps (Lancet Brightness and Lancet QuickCam) and my problems are solved. As for Macro photography, I have noticed that in 9 MP 16:9 mode, I can get more close to subjects than in 12 MP 4:3 mode and even at full zoom, the pictures taken with Nokia N8 are very crisp and full of details. I have 122 MB free in C Drive with no applications installed on this drive. Is it enough according to you? =)

• 2014-07-15 12:47
  • rKES

> In reply to Suvham N8 @ 2014-07-13 18:06 from t1$A - click to readFirst of all, congratulations. For a first time user, you are the first i see that is trying:). Yes, unlike android, with Symbian you can install your stuff everywhere you want to. Though, i recommend you to install them not in C: cause there is not that much space. In C: you should however install apps that are always in background...for battery savings. Best apps to make it more efficient is belle extra buttons, opera mobile (while is slow, it renders pages better then what i,ve used for mobiles till now) and situations (this ppa set your profiles as needed, has a lot of stuffs in it)

• 2014-07-15 00:17
  • J5Cm

To all :

A tribute to the Nokia N8 :

• 2014-07-13 21:16
  • 6vtt

> In reply to Suvham N8 @ 2014-07-13 18:06 from t1$A - click to readCongratulations, that's how I got mine in March last year and it's still fine except the battery capacity is a bit lower now. I know about the camera, and once you learn a few tricks (try macro, like insects or flowers, using flash and zoom - for example) you will be able to do even more impressive stuff. As for your questions...
- There's Lancet Brightness, an app that allows you to set the brightness to any level you want, or to automatic.
- Lancet QuickCam allows you to launch the camera by pressing the camera button when the display is locked. By double clicking the camera button you can open another camera app (CameraPro, SCam or similar). There's also QuickApp where you can do the same with any app (or camera) and the "menu" button.
- The default video player is still the best. That's just how the things are.
- C drive is system drive, you can install apps or themes on any drive you want, even on the memory card. The only difference is that, when you plug your N8 into PC in "mass storage" mode, only apps that are on C drive keep working until you unplug your phone. So if there's an app that you want to be always active, install it on C.
Enjoy your phone! :-)

• 2014-07-13 19:10
  • 60PY

Just got a second hand Nokia N8 after searching the classifieds. So far, loving the experience, especially the camera. It's like wow. I have never seen such awesome pure quality pictures that this phone produces on any other phone I have used. Installed CameraPro and the maximum size of a picture I have seen using it was 11 MB. Pretty impressive. Just pointed the camera towards a running ceiling fan at full speed, and I got a still fan. Just awesome. The Xenon flash crushes those phone with LED flash. No heating issue or anything else. Just an awesome phone! The cold feeling of the aluminum is nice to hands. The black levels are very deep, thanks to the awesome AMOLED display. Sound quality is great using bass booster and loudness on. Also, I can install themes, screensavers and have a different wallpaper for each homescreen. Customization is far better than Android. UI is smooth and slick once the phone boots up and the initialization process is finished. Never had any force close issue during my usage to this day. The size of this phone isn't too big or too small. Though there are some issues I'm facing but they aren't major, like the brightness going up when the phone is being used under sunlight. I want the brightness to remain constant all the time. Is there any application which would turn off the ambient light sensor without hacking the phone?
The preloaded video player doesn't offer many functionality. What is the best alternative video player so I can get it on my N8? By the way, What is the 'C drive' in Files for? Can I install applications on any drive I want? How to activate the camera when the phone is locked? My phone is running Nokia Belle Refresh. That's all. =) This is actually my first Symbian phone. (-:

• 2014-07-13 18:06
  • t1$A

> In reply to ANANTHU @ 2014-07-11 18:45 from 2SDm - click to readYes, n8 support what 's app and skype call. It is nice phone .updated is not available.

• 2014-07-13 04:53
  • 9Fyv

guy"s did n8 support whats app???????????????

• 2014-07-11 18:45
  • 2SDm

Is there any equilizer edit mod that works without flashing the phone..? From where I can download it..? Plz help...thanks.

• 2014-07-11 00:43
  • uQ{2
Total of 47886 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.