Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

4.7
5.1
5.0

that phone update to kitkat yes or no

• 2015-02-13 15:50
  • Nr1J

This phone is basically not up to the job. It takes lovely pictures but I've had three in 6 months and last one only lasted 6 weeks. One of two things happen (or both) - the lens gets so much dust inside that pictures are no longer sharp or the zoom mechanism breaks and the camera no longer works. It seems to me that the camera zoom assembly is fine if you keep it in a dust-proof box or camera bag but in your pocket it won't survive very long before it breaks. As a phone has to 'live' in people's pockets, I feel that Samsung have not made a product which is up to the job for which it was designed. A shame as it's otherwise a good product and takes very nice photos...

I fear the K Zoom is much the same but I'm going to try one without much hope that it'll be any good and in the knowledge it will probably last three months at most unless I wrap it in a cloth when in my pocket. At least they're quite cheap...

As an aside don't put Skype on to this phone. Each time it connects to a new network it will extend and retract the lens and if it's in your pocket this quickly breaks the zoom assembly, even faster than the phone will break itself anyway.

• 2015-02-12 11:49
  • pyGT

> In reply to PRS @ 2015-01-15 13:07 from Gfw6 - click to readyou can buy protective cover on ebay

• 2015-02-11 12:55
  • JGw{

galaxy s4 zoom camera not working, rest of phone is though.
Hi my camera isnt working, it says zoom not working, it just looks all blurred, the shutter isnt opening properly. it says take out the battery and reinsert it. so i have done this and it hasnt solved the problem.

any ideas, can this be fixed

• 2015-02-06 19:29
  • mXtX

no help

• 2015-02-03 17:56
  • Kkjc

> In reply to Amir Ali @ 2014-10-20 21:48 from fkg1 - click to readI have same problem :(

• 2015-02-01 02:46
  • NqnJ

Yes it happened to me dust is all all over my lense from inside. You know how to solve this issue please help me!!

• 2015-01-17 19:23
  • smKH

best phone ever.....

• 2015-01-16 14:56
  • tSkY

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-12-22 02:44 from pJdc - click to readGet everything out and do a factory reset,it happened to mine too.

• 2015-01-15 13:09
  • ftKc

• 2015-01-15 13:07
  • ftKc

I love the phone but I have a challenge with its safety? How can I protect it from being damaged in case it fall(it will fall one day)?

• 2015-01-15 13:07
  • Gfw6

> In reply to lakshitsinha @ 2014-12-23 06:03 from t}Qu - click to readplease describe me how you did it
i have tryed but could not

• 2014-12-24 21:45
  • sr%y

Guys, i bought this cel about 1 year ago, i it's a great cel... fast, stable (never crash!!!).... I get used to his weight and then i could enjoy it !!!

• 2014-12-24 16:27
  • PHIJ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-12-22 02:44 from pJdc - click to readHad same issue. Then I downloaded latest firmware from sammobile and updated it via Odin. Within minutes my problem was resolved.You too try the same.

• 2014-12-23 06:03
  • t}Qu

My lens wont even shut... arggghhhh. Love the phone but like other complaints, it opens and shuts randomly and now it wont shut. And i have tried restarting. Somebody help pleaseee!

• 2014-12-22 02:44
  • pJdc

i do not have skype but I have got the problem

• 2014-12-20 02:12
  • sr%5

> In reply to NatGeo @ 2014-12-06 22:56 from sr%x - click to readIt's happening bcos of Skype. Uninstall it prob will b solved

• 2014-12-18 14:08
  • u7Is

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-12-09 18:56 from FeGW - click to readI have the same problem ..I bought my s4 zoom 2days ago . I bought jellybeen tow .
Are you sure that it is a virus not a hardware problem?

• 2014-12-14 21:13
  • aqsM

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-12-09 18:56 from FeGW - click to readI have the same problem ..I bought my s4 zoom 2days ago . I have jellybeen tow .
Are you sure that it is a virus not a hardware problem??

• 2014-12-14 17:38
  • aqsB
Total of 777 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom.