Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G T699 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.2

> In reply to xxshizziexx @ 2013-06-19 17:47 from nxX0 - click to readGot it in 'Murika, unlocked and moved it to Canada. It works perfectly! Getting full 4G speeds on two of the four major carriers up here. The other two are CDMA, so it doesn't work on their network. Great phone, fast too! Rooted with CM 10.1. It is so nice to have a keyboard.

• 2013-06-24 06:04
  • YcXC

So i looked into this, turns out you can't get it in the England. USA only by the looks of things. dont think i will buy from USA to unlock just incase it dosent work. Anyone been able to get it from any other country yet?

• 2013-06-19 17:47
  • nxX0

> In reply to DaRK DRaGoN @ 2013-03-28 09:05 from fkVk - click to readcell2get.com $365.00

• 2013-06-14 08:22
  • qVvG

> In reply to krish42690 @ 2013-05-10 21:01 from w4iH - click to readYes, it has Gorilla Glass 2, same as Galaxy S3.

• 2013-05-26 12:05
  • P%uS

You can use this phone anywhere. It has every major 2G/3G/4G, this is a global phone. Just locked to T-mobile - which can easily be unlocked remotely for a fee or by yourself.

Also, with the dual core 1.5 ghz S4 chipset - wifi signal is great and mobile data signal is great.

• 2013-05-26 11:49
  • P%uS

Please update the specifications on this phone:

-Upgradeable to Jellybean 4.1.2
-Bluetooth 4.0
-No Adobe Flash (Jellybean from Samsung Update)

• 2013-05-26 11:14
  • P%uS

Firstly this website needs to get their facts straight. Look up the specs on this phone (i.e. Relay is Blutooth 4.0, it's JB phone, and accordingly does not have Adobe Flash)

For all the people with complaints about TMobile's data plans, this is supposed to be a review of the phone not your carrier. I buy unlocked phones and use prepaid GSM - here's my review.

The relay is hands down the best QWERTY phone with a removable SIM. And it is hands down the best keyboard for speed and accuracy of any phone. In the world of getting the most out of your phone - great touchscreen, great keyboard, powerful processor for doing whatever task, great 5MP camera - this is the phone to get

My opinion of the Relay - smooth running on Samsung's Jellybean update last month (runs 2 days with no charge, no problems), focuses and takes quick, sharp 5MP pix. Touchscreen is great - Samsung Touchwiz launcher trumps the Motorola UI (IMO).

Compared to Sony Xperia Pro, there is no comparison, everything on this phone is better - camera, WIFI strength, 3G/4g strength, battery life. The camera on the Xperia Pro basically has no ability to focus at any setting - so you get 8MP of blur - but it was released 4 years ago cell phones have come a long way since then.

Compared to Droid 4 - I would say the battery lives are equal depending on what you do. Droid had rotation issues and a blueish tint - both annoying. Droid 4 camera when set at 5MP is slightly lower in quality, good but not as good as the Relay. The Droid 4 at 8MP, autofocus is a mess, useless.. there's no excuse for that. Relay has a superior, brighter screen as compared to bluey screen on the Droid 4. Relay has clearer and louder speakers. The Motorola keyboard was slightly more prone to errors (for me) because the little buttons directly next to each other, and in general, the Relay keyboard layout and buttons are just better. The Droid 4 is still a solid phone. Only thing better about Droid 4 has an HDMI out built it. You can get the same with Samsung Galaxy S connectors.

In regards, to just QWERTY phones, I would take on even greatest master of touchwiz in regards to speed and accuracy of my ability to type. In my opinion the keyboard button spacing of the Relay makes typing flawless on the Relay. So even if the Photon Q were available to me, I wouldn't use it - maybe just my personal preference because of Samsung's keyboard.

I don't see anything from development rumors about Samsung, HTC, Hauwei, even Blackberry coming out with a new QWERTY slider.. Sony has abandoned the QWERTY, I've read Motorola's next flagship won't have a QWERTY either. I saw a rumor of a Nokia Windows 8 in development of a QWERTY slider in the distant future, if true, I'm sure it will have a huge price tag sure. I don't blame the companies for not developing newer QWERTY sliders - people don't buy them, it baffles me why consumers don't buying slide out QWERTY phones in general, you get the best of both worlds. Anyway, the Relay is best in class for for people that want a great all round phone (usability, camera, screen, performance, 4G) and in my opinion the best keyboard of any phone in the market.

• 2013-05-26 10:59
  • P%uS

Does this phone hav gorilla glass or any other screen protection? should i use scratch guard with this phone?

• 2013-05-10 21:01
  • w4iH

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-23 18:05 from HBC8 - click to readit's for T-Mobile
U can't find it
I wanna one for my self as well :/

• 2013-03-28 09:05
  • fkVk

> In reply to itsmecarr @ 2012-12-08 10:06 from nT30 - click to readwhich store in saudi arabia wa can buy Galaxy S Relay 4g

• 2013-03-23 18:05
  • HBC8

The fastest, and most stable Android I have owned OOTB.

I didn't even root this bad boy until I had it a few months, and still solid.

I have had Droid x2, Droid2 x2, (Intercept, and Optimus Slider) Sidekick4g x2.

The only things I don't like about it is that you have to get into settings to turn off WiFi-calling, and when you hit the home button it drags it's feet to get home most of the time, but that is only like a 2 second delay... (This is due to built-in screen-shots, I think [power and home takes screenshots].)

• 2013-03-23 15:27
  • I0Ej

> In reply to subzerobob @ 2012-12-24 09:31 from 0fB$ - click to readHow do u get an unlock code if you're ordering from outside the U.S?

• 2013-03-16 13:41
  • N9@S

> In reply to RicAndroid @ 2013-03-08 19:25 from j8wI - click to readhow can we download CyanogenMod 10.1 for samsung galaxy s relay 4g??

• 2013-03-14 09:57
  • PGsY

CyanogenMod 10.1 is available for this phone. There are a few minor bugs such as a delay with the keyboard lighting when opened and a few others.

Nice of those devs to provide a taste of Jelly Bean to the users of this phone. I'm still leaning toward the Nexus 4, though.

• 2013-03-08 19:25
  • j8wI

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-12 03:38 from uZa{ - click to readThat is so true I'm going to get this phobe

• 2013-02-28 04:34
  • 7EI$

is it a dual sim phone??

• 2013-02-08 09:19
  • YQa1

> In reply to subzerobob @ 2012-12-24 09:31 from 0fB$ - click to readWhat a refief that CM 9 has been released for it. I was afraid that I would have to sit down and cook the custom roms on my own using the xda kitchen! LOL!

The arrow pad is a great addition. I'll miss the jump key but I'm willing to trade that for the arrow buttons. I have a few games that I'm dying to try out.

Thanks for your input and advice! :-)

• 2013-01-17 20:59
  • j8wI

> In reply to ricAndroid @ 2012-12-11 19:42 from j8wI - click to readXda has a CM9 that lots of people like, also I'm almost happy to report that it seems I have worked out my differences with t-mobile, the plan is actly cheaper and I will know for sure on 28th when it kicks in. Look up my posts on xda - I posted a comparisson picture where this the only qwerty phone (out of 7) with front facing camera, fully loaded, that would work with any gsm carrier in the world (yes it does need sim unlock code from t-mobile, but that's easy). The only thing this phone doenst have is fm radio, but even my other phones with FM - I never used that function before, because u still have to plug smnthg in to use as an antenna... I just use pandora or slacker or spotify or whatever instead, is much better than fm... oh, yeah I the qwerty has arrow keys instead of track pads, and those arrow keys are awesome cuz u can use them as a D-pad when u play games, awesome! I never liked track pads at all, stocked about the "d-pad"!

• 2012-12-24 09:31
  • 0fB$
Total of 113 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G T699.