Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-04-04 12:04 from nCe7 - click to readOverkill is what this is.. over-expensive and over-specced. how many people you know actually needs 1ghz speed, much less dual-cores?

• 2011-04-04 12:07
  • nCe7

> In reply to [deleted post]S2 is soo expensive. Who will buy this phone?? and who actually needs 2 CPUs on a phone? hello.

Games are not pre-loaded, and they are not free too. Besides, why would you play games on a small screen, when you can buy a PS3 with big screen and all, which can cost you only half of an S2..

Get a Real phone.. an SE arc or neo

• 2011-04-04 12:04
  • nCe7

> In reply to Sam Son @ 2011-04-04 09:23 from TmvR - click to readBro, don't wait for SGS 2. If you got the cash ($900) to buy the SGS 2, there are tons of phones available already, which are better, cheaper than S2 -- like the SE Arc or Neo, HTC Desire S, or the LG 2x.

If you want the best camera-audio, get SE. Any SE phone, actually. Sony's camera sensors are the best, and their Walkman tech is still tops.

If you like good build quality (but so-so camera), get HTC. HTC never, ever, got around to improving their camera quality (maybe Made In China, thats why)

The LG is like twin bro of the Samsung, but CHEAPER. Actually LG was the chip-maker of iPhone 3gs. LG supplies parts for other manufacturers, so expect LG have NO design originality (which explains why they copy iphones, like Samsung)

LG 2X may actually be faster than SGS 2, coz it got Tegra chips (from their China plant again), and it is cheaper by a hundred bucks than SGS 2..

• 2011-04-04 11:53
  • nCe7

> In reply to ana88 @ 2011-04-02 09:50 from 2@YA - click to readSamsung is shameless in copying best-sellers like iphone 3gs or 4 -- Koreans are just a hair better than the typical Chinese con-artist selling fake fones. Atleast the Japanese have more originality... their SE phones are brilliant in their own ways. The best phone I ever owned was an SE W800i, which was swiped by a pickpocket years ago. It still is the best phone I ever used.

Now that SE is finally coming home to their senses, and using ANDROID (unlike Nokia stuck with MS), I think my next phone shall be an SE.

SE Neo is still CHUBBY, but if they shave off some of its inches in another phone version, I will BUY IT. Sony sensors + Bravia engine = excellent phone. Even iPhone 5 will be using Sony sensors on its camera ;P

• 2011-04-04 11:40
  • nCe7

just to let everyone know samsung GS2 is out in the uk 12th april go get it lol info from a good source lmao :)

• 2011-04-04 11:37
  • mgae

where is the fm transmitter and hdmi in this phone samsung?

• 2011-04-04 11:15
  • fvFf

> In reply to [deleted post]me too.. wait in sg.. but i saw on the samsungmobilesg, one of the person mention that he as insider news that it is going to be out in June. Hope it is not true..

• 2011-04-04 09:31
  • vjvj

gs2 is much better 4 all phone

• 2011-04-04 09:29
  • t74K

this phone is awesome but as said by various other people all this waiting is unbearable. I have some particular characteristics that I want in a phone and till now only the Samsung GSII satisfies them. However if another phone will be released with the same characteristics I will drop the Samsung cause all this waiting is bad. No even a release date..... not good at all.

• 2011-04-04 09:23
  • TmvR

i will purchase this phone only when its cost wiil be around 20 to32k in india ...

• 2011-04-04 09:12
  • PVdb

> In reply to FURY @ 2011-03-31 21:19 from Y9jD - click to readHaha... Really feeling d same! Cannot understand what they're upto!

• 2011-04-04 08:09
  • 2S}h

New benchmarks of gs2 fares well but tegra beats in games score

• 2011-04-04 07:53
  • 7tKH

I have really got tired of waiting for them to launch this samsung SII, I have been waiting for months and seem unprofessional on their part to say like it would be released first quarter 2012. I guess they have failed with the SII, otherwise why would they spend so much to advertise the WAVE II during the cricket world cup, and pay so much.

• 2011-04-04 07:33
  • vGAW

If they want something to go head to head with the iphone5 then they should release the gs2 now. They either should already have something better cooking for the battle or start on a revamped version of the gs2 to be released later on.

• 2011-04-04 06:39
  • efqS

Beautiful machinery!

• 2011-04-04 06:37
  • efqS

will it come this month or after introduction of apple5? I m waiting for so long.......

• 2011-04-04 06:16
  • ut3h

Really Can't wait until SGS2 is finally released in India. Apple has never been a good compare with other phones. It's like comparing Microsoft with open source.

• 2011-04-04 06:14
  • tE%{

Really cant wait until SGS2 is finally released in India. I hope they don't postpone it to Q3. Apple has never really been a good comparison to other phone. It's like comparing Microsoft to open source.

• 2011-04-04 06:11
  • tE%{

whats the difference between wifi direct & wifi hotspot?

• 2011-04-04 05:46
  • KhwB

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-04-03 05:23 from PS6k - click to read{correction posted i9101meant I9001} There is only one show in town this summer, SGS II- V- IP5. Until your post I was totally unaware of the so far rumoured HTC PYRAMID, even so there seems very little in its specs to wait for its release. I have great respect for Apple launches because you can get the phone within HOURS of its release. Due to the SGS II specs I would queue! I have never ever got my so far, contract phone on the day of asking, from 2 days to a week after promised. With this launch I expect delays as demand will out strip supply, and if that were not enough, a 2 year contract! Phone shops mainly sell sim locked contract phones, I don't know how I got through this 18 month contract. Needs to be different now. How can the networks expect us to stay 'locked' to a phone with technology changing so fast. In june 2013 do I really want to hear "moved on a bit since you last bought a phone" LAUNCHES, BIG LAUNCHES.

• 2011-04-04 05:39
  • SgvH
Total of 23854 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II.