> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-07 10:18 from vMew - click to read@ Anonymous

I have gone to the trouble of downloading Kies (77.4 Mb! Just to connect your phone to a PC... That's disgraceful. No wonder real power users avoid it), onto an old laptop I don't use anymore. (I'm not ruining my PC with that Bloatware).
Anyway, when I connected my phone to Kies I get the following....

This is the latest firmware

and underneath it shows:

Current firmware version PDA:LIB/PHONE:LIB/CSC:LI1 (XEO)
Latest firmware edition PDA:LIB/PHONE:LIB/CSC:LI1 (XEO)

It doesn't say anything about 'no longer able to update using kies',and shouldn't; because if you have flashed your phone correctly you will have the Official Samsung Firmware on your phone which is always upgradable. Anyway, I don't believe you get that message, it doesn't make sense. It's getting to the point where I think you are making this up as you go along.

Flashing any of the Galaxy range of phones with Odin is quick and painless. I've done it so many times now I can flash a phone in less than 10 minutes. That's not boasting, I'm just pointing out how quick and easy it is. I have successfully flashed at least a dozen phones, (i9000 and i9300), without any of the problems you claimed to have had.

• 2012-10-07 11:14
  • 3G54

> In reply to Freefaller @ 2012-10-06 13:03 from 3G54 - click to read@ ANTHONY
we have the same android version 4.0.4..the only difference is his baseband version and build number which is I9300XXLFB and IMM76D.I9300XXBLFB, mine are I9300XXLE8 for baseband version and IMM76D.I9300XXLE9...why is it like this :(

• 2012-10-07 10:58
  • mDfD

> In reply to Freefaller @ 2012-10-07 09:08 from 3G54 - click to readno longer able to update using kies

• 2012-10-07 10:18
  • vMew

galaxy s3 is best mobile smart now available at market.

• 2012-10-07 09:52
  • Hxe1

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-07 04:28 from vMew - click to read@ Anonymous

When you say 'Not being able to update via Kies',what exactly do you mean?
You can't update it because you already have the latest Firmware.
What message do you get displayed when you connect your phone to Kies? If it is 'Your phone has the latest Firmware', or something like that (I don't remember because I refuse to have that crap on my PC), then it is upgradable with that Crapware.
Explain?

• 2012-10-07 09:08
  • 3G54

guys is it normal for the s3 to get hot during use and the battery backup isn't good plz reply

• 2012-10-07 09:03
  • fX5j

> In reply to ramki.ch @ 2012-10-06 16:07 from K6uF - click to readLTE is Long Term Evolution means it's 4G.
Maximum Uplink is 50 Mbps and
Maximum Downlink is 150 Mbps.

• 2012-10-07 08:26
  • 2@g4

You guys always complaining about JB download/update on gs3.
Why don't you buy the bigger brother gn II directly with JB version from onset.

• 2012-10-07 07:56
  • XuIs

> In reply to ramki.ch @ 2012-10-06 16:07 from K6uF - click to readthe LTE stands for Long Term Evolution which is 4g network. It's waaay much faster than 3g. Not all carriers worldwide has 4g yet and even here in Singapore, only 1 of the 3 local carriers has full islandwide 4g network.

the other 2 only has 4g network at certain places, mainly the airport and city area. When not on 4g netwrok, it will switch to 3.5g.

in terms of speed, i'll quote from someone

"there are 3 levels of 3G as shown in the status bar. "3G" is the slowest level. "H" is faster. "H+" is the fastest 3G level. Of course 4G is even faster than H+ and it will show as "4G" "

• 2012-10-07 07:14
  • Kxv7

I'm still in amaze with this product even after 3 months that I have it!!! Amazing phone, nothing more I can ask for

• 2012-10-07 06:52
  • jnQP

surely ' will buy the most popular gsmarena rating (any platform) smartpone of the 1st Dec for BD.
Until then bye~~~~

• 2012-10-07 06:28
  • Xuew

i cant wait to buy this phone in a few days. Still the best....

• 2012-10-07 05:36
  • t7Xk

> In reply to Anthony @ 2012-10-06 19:18 from PHur - click to readyes it is..but now having the same problem with not being able to unzip it again with another mates pc
dont get it, sometimes trying to use the android geeks downloads it sometimes pops up with page not found etc.

@ freefaller the hotfiles download is the one ive been able to use/unzip from my pc ... but has the issue of not bein able to update via kies which u guys can.
it all just seems very inconsistent at best

• 2012-10-07 04:28
  • vMew

> In reply to Terrier @ 2012-10-06 21:47 from 39x% - click to readNot all iPhone owners think that way, just the iPhone trolls here. On the iPhone side we have Android trolls. Together, they actually make normal Android and iPhone owners hate each other.

Normal reasonable smartphone owners of ANY kind should just be against trolling.

• 2012-10-07 03:11
  • PG5Y

> In reply to pratty @ 2012-10-06 21:40 from vG1V - click to readIt backs up quite well pretty pratty.

• 2012-10-07 00:33
  • IWN3

> In reply to sea monkey @ 2012-10-06 08:35 from ib6j - click to readiPhone owners are so smug they actually believe if someone doesn't own an iPhone they just can't afford it and people who criticise it are just jealous.

• 2012-10-06 21:47
  • 39x%

please put some light on its battery backup..

• 2012-10-06 21:40
  • vG1V

> In reply to lukawa @ 2012-10-06 18:28 from mDfE - click to readMaybe yours already updated look and compare android version # and see?

• 2012-10-06 19:22
  • PHur

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-06 16:04 from vMew - click to readBut didn't you get it ok from a friend as well to put it on your phone? Why did it work by that friend?

• 2012-10-06 19:18
  • PHur

> In reply to Anthony @ 2012-10-06 15:24 from 8yQ1 - click to readi got it fix downloaded a new version of kies from softonic website.the apps is running smoothly again with it's new version...the only problem now is the firmware update,my friend got initial update for his S3 but i didn't got any....why is it like that i'm confused

• 2012-10-06 18:28
  • mDfE
Total of 21955 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III.