Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

I have used this phone.It will get us in a new world like avatar film.But it have nothing to amaze us like avatar film.it have android as like graphics in avatar.but story of it is useless.
Go for LUMIA 920,better in all ways(including W8)like titanic.....(avatar&titanic..James c)

• 2012-10-27 15:25
  • utNW

> In reply to Freefaller @ 2012-10-27 10:01 from 3G54 - click to readWhat do you meant....driver on my S3 or Modem? My modem is New in the market...so new that some stores don't even have it! You can check it out TP-LINK TD-W8968

• 2012-10-27 15:16
  • v}7V

I bought S3 on 21st of Oct,12. Its a nice smartphone i would say. All went well till i started using GPRS. Unfortunately my S3 started heating up whenver I use internet. The bottom part heats up like anything. I went to Ezone (from where i purchased)they directed me to Samsung service center. After informing them about the issue they said it could be an issue with OS or Apps installed on it. They took a day to chek the same and restored my phone to its factory settings. There itself i started using internet and again....started heating. I gave it back to them and they said YES we will provide an exchange for this with a new one and labelled the old one as DOA (Dead On Arrival). The problem was with the PBA (Printer Board Assembly), which was unnecesarily heats up with data transmission. Whatever....., I received my new piece and its the second day and i have been using internet like 24/7 and fortunately no more heating issues :D

Am very glad that Samsung stood with their product and honoured its warranty.

I really recommend this phone to all of you....

• 2012-10-27 15:15
  • w49f

what does I9300 mean? will i be able to use this model in India after buying an unlocked one in USA?

• 2012-10-27 15:04
  • 0drW

I used Mobile Odin to install the stoch NEE Jelly Bean from sammobile.com! You need too be rooted to usse Mobile Odin, but when you are then you can let Mobile Odin automatically root every new firmware that you install using Odin! The "normal" Odin does not need root, but does not automatically root the new firmware! Odin is a lot safer, riskfree, than using Kies or OTA!
After the update I got gigantic batterydrain because the mediascanner, "Media" in the list of batteryusers, drained the battery, but I solved this by installing the free app "Rescan Media ROOT" from Google Play, that app needs root,!
Of some reason I can not login using Facebook to comment here on GSMArena!

• 2012-10-27 12:47
  • J5M3

when samsung s3 malaysia can update to jelly bean 4.1?

• 2012-10-27 12:34
  • PS6w

still waiting for my laggy bean update yawn

• 2012-10-27 12:11
  • P@1G

Hi guy's can any 1 help me on how to add a frame to the panel from the widgets like video hub that updates on the screen.

• 2012-10-27 11:01
  • N7$J

> In reply to Dee @ 2012-10-27 02:07 from v}7V - click to read@ Dee

It might be something as simple as out of date drivers. Search for the latest Drivers for your modem, for example:

• 2012-10-27 10:01
  • 3G54

My new Galaxy S3 is great only complant- My old EVO recieved a G4 signal at my house. Now my new Phone recieves 3g and (4g/lte is not avalable) I cannot get a signal 4G. I am back to using 3g to connect. What gives?

• 2012-10-27 09:29
  • jBu@

> In reply to Dee @ 2012-10-27 07:09 from v}7V - click to readi like that very hmmmmmmmmmmm

• 2012-10-27 08:45
  • 9xpe

> In reply to jai soni @ 2012-10-26 19:53 from Hkqw - click to readhow do u gt such battery backup? and can u plz inform me what is written on back of ur phone made by samsung or made in korea?

• 2012-10-27 08:07
  • ttYB

> In reply to Dee @ 2012-10-27 02:49 from v}7V - click to readApologies. Your router is single band 2.4Ghz @ 300mbps. U may wish to restart your router or reconnect your S3 to the router.

• 2012-10-27 07:22
  • IWNm

> In reply to [deleted post]You're samsamsam that is your preview nickname. You thought no one knew this and you're using P@1G channel

• 2012-10-27 07:09
  • v}7V

> In reply to Dee @ 2012-10-27 05:37 from v}7V - click to readU are connected to your wireless router to your modem & ISP. Your router maximum throughput is 150mbps @ 2.4Ghz, 150mbps @ 5Ghz. If u have a, say 50mbps plan from your ISP, your internet speed is capped @ 50mbps. Anyway, u won't hit that speed.

I'm having an Asus 300mbps dual band router with a 100mbps plan. My link speed is 72mbps from S3. Through speedtest app, maximum hit is about 40mbps. Using my laptop, I can hit up to 85mbps.

• 2012-10-27 07:06
  • IWNm

please any 1 tel me whatz da price of gorilla glass2 of s3,yesterday it was broken...please

• 2012-10-27 05:55
  • U{hB

> In reply to Anthony @ 2012-10-27 03:40 from PHur - click to readIf there's no lost between my S3 and Modem then it's also meant there's no dropping between ISP and my Modem. I don't have problem with my ISP, it's working fine

• 2012-10-27 05:37
  • v}7V

> In reply to Dee @ 2012-10-27 02:49 from v}7V - click to readNo, you dont understand what I'm saying. your internet service may be bad not the router.
The next time you get the message. Do a internet speed test.
Www.speedtest.net or download the app. What download speed are you paying for? It could be dropping very slow when you are getting the message. Are you getting the message only when streaming media?

• 2012-10-27 03:40
  • PHur

> In reply to Anthony @ 2012-10-27 02:35 from PHur - click to readNO. I have a brand new Modem+Router with 300mbps (TP-LINK W8968) working great! The connection on SGS3 working fine with excellent strength from my router

• 2012-10-27 02:49
  • v}7V

> In reply to Dee @ 2012-10-27 02:07 from v}7V - click to readI have seen that before with people using personal hotspot devices. The WiFi connection is still good with the hotspot device but the device is in a area where it is not getting 4G internet.
I can't say for you but could your router be losing internet from time to time? (Bad service provider)?

• 2012-10-27 02:35
  • PHur
Total of 22687 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III.