Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

How may i upgrade to Android OS, v4.1 (Jelly Bean) to my galaxy s3. now its os is 4.0.4 (ICS) version.

• 2012-10-14 02:30
  • PG00

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-13 22:12 from KSBN - click to readNot true. For S3 Adobe Flash Player, we could download from the market. But since Adobe withdrawn its support, the app has been removed too.

The only possible way to download it now is through XDA forum.

• 2012-10-14 01:39
  • IWNm

Its lovely phone only since i bought it, it has loose power button and volume rocker.

• 2012-10-13 23:04
  • 2Twv

Google 'Easter Egg'.

For those of us on Jelly Bean.
Goto Settings/About Device.
Tap repeatedly on 'Android version 4.1.1' and you get a picture of a red jelly bean. Press down on the jelly bean for a couple of seconds and you get a game where you flick the jelly beans off of the screen. Silly, but fun!

• 2012-10-13 22:45
  • 3G54

> In reply to gan10 @ 2012-10-13 17:22 from U$kU - click to readEvery Android device has flash player enabled. This means the Galaxy S3 has it, so you don't need to download and/or update it.

• 2012-10-13 22:12
  • KSBN

> In reply to brynn @ 2012-10-13 18:48 from nGp@ - click to readPebble Blue, but I really like the Garnet Red. It's a shame that it is a CPW exclusive, it costs £519 + £10 top up. Ridiculous price when Asda are selling the Blue and White at £399.

• 2012-10-13 22:09
  • 3G54

> In reply to brynn @ 2012-10-13 18:48 from nGp@ - click to readWhite.
Only had white or blue to choose from. (Provider phone) but changed the ROM to Jelly bean Sep 21st kernel version

• 2012-10-13 21:50
  • PHur

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-13 11:45 from wHsA - click to readi got s3 last wednesday after activating it got update but its not jelly bean i don't understand. i think samsung didn't open jelly bean for BD yet.. i don know

• 2012-10-13 21:20
  • K2Gn

> In reply to brynn @ 2012-10-13 18:48 from nGp@ - click to readHi, Brynn...I remember you from the iphone forum...you own an iphone too right? ...so you decided to go for android too? My S3 is a blue international version...I'm planning to get a pink one for my wife but I'm not sure if its gonna be available outside of korea...do you still have your iphone or did you sell it? :D

• 2012-10-13 20:58
  • vxt3

> In reply to Anthony @ 2012-10-13 16:37 from PHur - click to readGood point if you like something so much surley you would buy it,same applys to software...I have had a look at coding for 5 year and still cannot get my head round it..These coders are brilliant in my mind..

Out of interest what colour do you have??

• 2012-10-13 18:48

> In reply to vikass17 @ 2012-10-13 10:33 from s8HI - click to readUc browser

• 2012-10-13 18:05
  • rANM

flash player is not working/installing in Galaxy s3 why? how to install?

• 2012-10-13 18:02
  • n2K6

Hey guy's I wanna download flash player
So from where I can get it????

Reply plz....thank u!!!!

• 2012-10-13 17:22
  • U$kU

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-12 12:23 from 0Cpx - click to read@ Anonymous
you can use it whenever you like. of coz you can capture your homescreen. it saved at Phone\Pictures\Screenshots (use Gallery to browse your screenshots)

• 2012-10-13 17:06
  • IVVf

> In reply to brynn @ 2012-10-13 16:21 from nGp@ - click to readI 2nd your opinion.
Android apps are cheap compared to PC program and most you can try before you buy. So if you like it so mush why can't you give the small donation the programer is asking for?

• 2012-10-13 16:37
  • PHur

> In reply to lonewolf777 @ 2012-10-12 23:24 from t7VV - click to read Same problem happened to me a week ago and also the home button is not responsive it needs 4 sec

• 2012-10-13 16:30
  • LbcV

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-13 08:44 from utsF - click to readEven if a dictionary is not present their are lots free in app store..Or paid for,ha..

I am buying another S3 next week after selling my first white S3 in first week..Bored of IOS now and iphone 5..I may go for blue but want black but cant find it in UK or even know if black colour has been released yet...We have just got the red version and its awful but so is blue really,,oh may go for white see next week..I think there is more of a community with Android.

• 2012-10-13 16:29
  • nGp@

I have the s3 since 4 months now and i like it alot. I upgraded from galaxy s1 the s3 comes with a better camera and much better graphics but when i use it for a long time it gets overheated and the battery drains fast i will try to replace it in a week or two also im experiencing some lag issues when playing games such as fifa 12 but overall is a good phone

• 2012-10-13 16:27
  • LbcV

Why dont folk pay up and buy software developers spends hours coding so why not reward them??

If you can afford these expensive smartfones you can afford to buy apps..I have over 65GBP of paid apps on Android and fair amount on IOS..

Cant stand when all folk want is free games and steal them when they only cost a few quid..It must cost to trawl through google and download the file in data costs.PAY UP..

• 2012-10-13 16:21
  • nGp@

I own an iphone 4s, the best apple product ever...and I recently got an S3 and I have to say I'm proud to have the best of both worlds!

To be honest, I was sort of blown away by the "freeness" feel of the s3, the power of multi-tasking, and the breath-taking super-amoled screen!

To new s3 owners, here are some of the tweaks and free downloads I recommend:

#Launcher
Go Launcher - even the free version rocks! allows you to change your home and drawer interface...resize icons, change icon row and column settings, screen transitions and animations, etc.

#Live Wallpapers
Just go to Playstore and type live wallpapers and download to your hearts content! Recommended samples: koipond, fire free, icecream sandwich WP, Jellybean WP, Fireworks, etc.

#Fingerprint Scan to Unlock

Thesaurus
Adobe Viewer
Flipboard
Many more...

To more experienced Android users...any tips and cool free apps you can recommend? Thanks! :D

• 2012-10-13 16:15
  • vxt3
Total of 22220 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III.