Maestro, 09 Jul 2008You can use ur fingers for 90% of operation. only when opening the task manager, the new icon ... moreactually i have big fingers and i use the stylus only for notes, qwerty keyboard and handwriting recognition( i can also do it with my fingers =] )
Cav, 09 Jul 2008Do you have to use the touch stick for everything or can you just use your fingers?You can use ur fingers for 90% of operation. only when opening the task manager, the new icon at standby and rare cases like that u'll need to pull out the stylus. but mostly it depends on how big ur fingers are. The screen is very responsive and usually pressing with your fingers works fine in these cases too...
Do you have to use the touch stick for everything or can you just use your fingers?
can anyone please tell me whether this phone has vibration... coz it wasnt mentioned in the specifications....
plz mail me at email@example.com if possible....
mojtaba, 08 Jul 2008how can i install a theme in this phone ? i downlod theme for uiq3 but not cognitionThemes for this phone should have the file extension .utz. Apart from that installation is pretty straight forward. You browse your file system and select the theme file. clicking install will copy it to the phone memory. Later it will prompt you if you want to set this theme now. If you tap yes, the theme will be set. It takes about 30 seconds for the theme to set.
dont compare n95 with this..this should be compare with the N 81 8G.. compare n95 8G with their new c905
nick, 08 Jul 2008this is total rubbish. there is plenty of bass in xpressmusic. and yes it goes louder to the p... moreXpressMusic have BASS alot of it!
Walkman Earphones have alot of BASS to, so much Bass its like a Disco in the ears! MegaBass just kills it off....
LOve ittttttttttttt, wow guys this phone totally rocks my world, it can be compare to any phone right now, W960 rocks guys, believe me
how can i install a theme in this phone ?
i downlod theme for uiq3 but not cognition
Maestro, 08 Jul 2008The output volume is just loud enough so that it is plesant to hear and at the same time wont ... morethis is total rubbish. there is plenty of bass in xpressmusic. and yes it goes louder to the point of it being uncomfortable but it isnt distorted!
just complete fanboyism!
hillary, 08 Jul 2008hi,urm, i heard that the output volume of this phone is very low, is it true?The output volume is just loud enough so that it is plesant to hear and at the same time wont damage your ears. Its the same loudness as the other sony ericsson walkman phones. I've heard nokia phones(xpress music) and they are indeed louder (although the output seriously lacks bass like a cheap chinese mp3 player) but they are a bit louder anyway but no sane person can listen at that volume so its redundant anyway. crappy and loud sound vs pleasent volumed quality music. which do u prefer? you choose buddy!!!
Lovelyne, 08 Jul 2008Hillary, its the best fone ever. Maestro's comments are true. If they're okay with u, go get o... moreNokia phones have the option of saving messages to the memory card. i dont think any sony ericsson phones have this option. so it depends on the phone memory. SE smart phones asually have unlimited storage for messages and SE java phone ranges from 200 to 1000 in some phones
I remember reading somewhere where they called the W960 "Jack of all, king of none." well i'd rather have it that way than " king of some, joker in the rest!". (any guesses what i mean here???)
Lovelyne, 08 Jul 2008Hillary, its the best fone ever. Maestro's comments are true. If they're okay with u, go get o... morePhones store messages on the handset's memory. I'm pretty sure that some have the option to save them on a memory card, but it's stored on the handset by default...
Hillary, its the best fone ever. Maestro's comments are true. If they're okay with u, go get one.
I've a qstn. If id want a fone which can store lots of messages, should i get 1 with a large internal/shared memory? or would having memory cards help in this matter?
hi,urm, i heard that the output volume of this phone is very low, is it true?
Also transferring files via the USB Cable is very quick. You can fill up the entire 8GB in under 15 minutes. Period!
1. Great music, both ear phones and speakers.
2. Acceptable Camera Quality for photos
3. Video playback is superb! Tv quality.
4. 3D Gaming is great
5. Support for .doc and .pdf and spread sheets
6. Battery life is comparitively very good.
7. Browsing is a joy especially if you have opera installed
8. Pretty fast User Interface (Depends on current theme)
9. Included charger allows you to listen to music in headphones even while charging
10. Call list is very elaborate which sometimes comes in very handy.
11. Wi-fi is spectacular
12. Bluetooth is twice as fast as the N95 -8GB and supports multiple transfers simultaneously.
13. When a call or msg comes when ur listening to music it is not interrupted. You only get a beep.
14. Scratch proof screen although its a finger print magnet.
15. Business card scanner.
16. Never hangs or reboots.
1. No animated wallpapers ( I miss that)
2. No .wbmp picture sms support ( I miss that too)
3. Video recording is a joke
4. Cannot record voice calls
5. Creating playlists in the walkman player is a real pain in the a$$. Miss the good old times when it was as simple as marking a folder and adding it to a playlist. Now you have to update music, wait for 5 mins, then browse the tracks and add each file individually. this is my biggest gripe in the phone.
6. Sorts messages only by server time which sometimes sends new messages way down the inbox.
7. No Edge and GPS and Airtel GPRS Sucks
8. Torch was absent but thanks to modders the G900's torch has been ported here hence no problems with that.
9. Sometimes when receiving large multiple files via bluetooth (abt 10-15 mb each) it gets slow as they are all first added to the messaging inbox and is hence constrained to the available phone memory.
10. T9 text input prediction is very wierd. its no good at learning new words and is not user friendly at all. I hate it.
11. No Profiles
12. No Video ringtones, accelerometer and shake sensor.
Go buy it folks. It wont disappoint you.