Sony Xperia tipo - user opinions and reviews

Sony

6.5
6.3
6.3

> In reply to rish- @ 2012-09-18 18:25 from SdsE - click to readI didnt put memory card with my personal MP3 collection yet, so im testing only with the preinstalled music that came with the Tipo and the included headphones, so this isnt a very accurate test, i may come back later with more info.

First impression is good bass dynamics, bass is firm, not sloppy like an old whore as it usually on cheap phones and cheap mp3 players.

Volume is a bit on the low side yes, but not terrible low. Really need to test with some of my own music. Its acceptable loud with one of the included songs, Nose Grinder or whatever its called, it has some el guitar riffs that sounds ok.

General sound quality (midtone) is kinda low, but that is to be expected with the included headset

• 2012-09-18 18:34
  • vaNH

please reply how do you find audio quality in earphones. i found out that the volume of tipo in earphones was very low with my earphones when i went to test it in showroom ? how do you find the volume in earphones

• 2012-09-18 18:25

Internal Storage:
The specs say
2.9 GB storage (2.5 GB user available)
The actual storage is divided in two:
PHONE MEMORY is total of 754MB, with almost 600MB Free out of the box.
INTERNAL STORAGE is total size of 2.15GB, with 1.45GB free space out of the box.

Apps can be moved from Phone Memory to Internal Storage using APPS in settings, so its no problem to install lotsa apps on this one.

• 2012-09-18 18:11
  • vaNH

I bought one today, in philippines. I dont usually buy low end phones but this one is not as low end as we have been used to in the past, this one blows Galaxy Y and Galaxy Pocket and LG L3 out of the solar system, at just a few pesos more.

I really like it, its fast and looks good, nice transitions. I immediately noticed it lacks a little in power compared to my Xperia Pro, but thats to be expected since the Pro has 1GHz Scorpio core and Adreno 205.

Viewing angle is bad in landscape mode, you have to tilt the phone away from you to the left to get good, it was a bit annoying when playing Angry Birds Space, but at level 5 i had already forgotten about it so it wasnt that annoying after all i guess.

• 2012-09-18 18:01

Can any one Reply me The sar value of Nokia 5233

• 2012-09-18 17:51
  • 7tEn

guys gsmarena has also updated the sar value you can see that it is 1.62 w/kg for the eu version and 1.37 as for us version.

so think before you buy

• 2012-09-18 17:45
  • SdsE

Does it has cyber shot technology

• 2012-09-18 17:35
  • KFPW

I bought this phöne 3 days back. I had to choose between htc explorer , tipo and galaxy y duos. Based on specs, i preffered tipo..
Now coming to pros & cons
pros :
brand sony
good built (galaxy y and htc looks cheap)
excellent voice clarity
you tube plays well.
Nice display.
Can play temple run and angry birds.

Cons:
buggy ui. Ics lags on this handset (check out review by cnet and techradar)
average battery life.

This is my first android phone . I am happy with my choice.
Looks good, good ram and internal memory, good display.
Go for it. Avoid micromax,spice , karbon, etc. Think long term !

• 2012-09-18 16:33
  • tUs3

WELL guys the confusion is CLEAR now , but it is not good.
there are 2 models for tipo one is st21i ( international version ) and one is st21a ( only available in usa). they both are different phones

the SAR rating for
st21i is 1.62 w/kg

and for ST21a it is 1.28 w/kg as reported by FCC ( FCC is a USA organisation , so that rating is applicable only in usa)

in india we will be getting st21i so the SAR rating is 1.62 w/kg . more discussion is going on sony forum
here check out

• 2012-09-18 13:41
  • SdsE

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-17 16:03 from vbPJ - click to readdon't worry man. the miro will be down to 13k in a month or two. nobody will buy it at 14.5k when the L5 is there at 12.5k. I know its not that smooth but a 4 inch screen is something which people cannot resist and most people just look at the phone and buy it without reading any reviews. and sorry if you felt bad about anything. I just posted what I saw. Mr. Thommo cleared up everything and I am grateful to him.

• 2012-09-18 13:14
  • v{S%

they could hve given 2.3.6 GB Instead of IC 4.0 , Bcz its laggs many time..
its Bcz 800 mhz not sufficient for ICE CREAM.OS.
over all good handy. light weight.. ,
700 MB System/Internal memory .. many application u can install. :)
and ICE CREAM OS is not user friendly as 2.3GB.

Actualy i use LG e400.

Overall good phone.. but its laggs.. And touch is not good as htc or LG phone.

• 2012-09-18 12:50
  • 2Zba

there is no problem with the SAR value. Ask yourself. Why would a big company like Sony cheat anyone. There was a confusion regarding the values as I have read previously, but the discussion was for good and cleared everything. Now it is absolutely clear that the phone is safe and you should buy it without any fear. This is the best phone in the sub 10k range in India, so feel free to go to a store and buy it.

• 2012-09-18 12:41
  • v{S%

Do Tipo has Flash light?

• 2012-09-18 10:13
  • waW5

guys SAR value is not a problem in this phone, rumors only saying that reasons, dont believe them, its my advice for u

• 2012-09-18 08:49
  • vGVj

CHILL GUYS
about the sar value

well, i havent bought the phone. but am planning to after seeing one of my friends'. its a charm if its your first android. regarding the sar value, the value of 1.62 is averaged over 10g and the higher limit for that is 2 w/kg (as per european union rules) you may check out wikipedia. sony should have clarified this issue to prevent many customers drawing back to what is potentially a killer at the sub 10k android market. i am posting the link to the sony site which confirms the sar value and the averaged over 10g feature.

• 2012-09-18 08:00
  • utxp

pls tell me guyz hw is the touch of dis phone

pls

• 2012-09-18 07:37
  • fCQF

> In reply to th3D @ 2012-09-18 06:45 from vaNH - click to readyeah that post u replied was mine..!! forgot to sign in..neways..!! did i really said that tipo has high SAR values? or did i say high SAR value cause cancer?? did i ?really? read all d posts by me once again..!!

1st of all i was sayin tipo doesnt has high SAR value..2ndly even i think that it doesnt cause cancer....!! please read carefully before you post..!!

• 2012-09-18 06:55
  • vbP2

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-17 16:03 from vbPJ - click to readY dont u discuss those nonsense values on Bombay forums, since India is the only country where scientists has found "conclusive proof" for cancer from cellfone usage.

I mean, almost the whole world has been using cellphones for years and years now, i had my first handheld cellphone 19 years ago, why are we not als dead long ago, where are all these cancer victims???

ONE is not much but the radiation scientists cannot show us even ONE victim.

If i lived in India i would be upset that my hard earned tax money was spent on this stupid research.

• 2012-09-18 06:45
  • vaNH
Total of 4840 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia tipo.