Althought i am writing lot of cons i absolutely loved the product just becoz its a complete package...and u can never get this much for merely 9500.
while seeing other smart phones in the market you will never feel that your ph. is not capable of doing the stuff that other high end smart phones can do but obviously there are some limitations.
1) 5 inch display / but u cant watch 720p or 1080p videos
2) Looks and feels very cool in your hand / but its a bit heavy
3) ANDROID ICS - you can run almost all apps except hd games above 300 mb / sometimes it becomes sluggish and i need to press the unlock key twice to unlock it.
4) REAR CAMERA is good - produces very good images in day light but below avg in low light conditions....flash isnt powerful and can be used only as a torch light ;-)
Some of the Photos and videos taken becomes inverted automatically and u r left with no other option to rotate them manually.
but the quality of pic is any day better than galaxys with below 5mp cam....n i hv chckd it.
5) SKYPE AND GTALK VIDEO CALLING is possible and works great but u need to be in front of some bright light otherwise the person on the other side cant see u...but u can enjoy it thanks to 5 inch display.
6) STOCK ANDROID is beautiful but the transitions arent that smooth in case u install lot of apps...but u can live with it
just keep your ph. clean by limiting the apps u require the most
ALTERNATIVE- download app backup and restore app from the market and create backup of all the downloaded apps....remove and install them from your memory as per your requirements.
7) Voice clarity during a call, loudspeaker, bluetooth, wifi work absolutely fine without any issues....although earlier my airtel sim sometimes used to show no connectivity even in areas with good signal strength on other phones with same sim...but now its working without any problem.
8) BATTERY life is good but it take a lot....mind u...a lot of time to charge.
soooo thats about it.....the biggest advantage is the bigger screen which is great while browsing websites even your can read very small text, watching videos, playing games and video calling...
now the problems faced by other users
1) RED BORDER problem where the screen show half centimeter border
SOLUTION- factory reset your ph. i did it and now it works perfectly fine...and whenever the problem comes i just reset it again
2) HEADPHONES - use nokia headphones only those headphones have the same band structure to that of the micromax.
samsung and htc has diff band structure.
3) INVERTED PHOTOS - u have to rotate them manually...no other go
4) display flickering - try factory reset
VERDICT: GO FOR IT IF YOU HAVE LESS BUDGET AND WANT THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY IN YOUR HAND...BUT U MIGHT HAV TO COMPROMISE ON SPEED AND BRAND NAME.
I am using this phone for 3 weeks. It has some good points and some bad(bug) points.
Its on the budget.
Runs most of the games.
3G,2G UMTS support
Wifi sometime did not recognise the signal. Needs a restart.
VOIP application like Skype,MobileVoip are sending the voice signal to external speaker. So your communication is always open to everyone. Could not change to earpiece speaker.
Feels a lag after installing 20 apps.
Please any one tell who has experience on this phone
both cam's quality?
and video call quality?
and video capture quality?
apps installs on which memory 4gb?
is support skype video call?
My mail id email@example.com
thank in advance
sudhanshu, 20 Sep 2012i want real rate this phone in jodhpur & micromax showroom i think 10000 p
@ a range of 10000 with these features any other phone is impossible !
Video clarity is marvelous !
Game performance is addictive !
Multi touching censoring is impulsive !
I just love to use it !
Damm good no words to express !
1599 is chinese currency and if you check the current price it costs more than 13000 indian rupees..
Friends, don't get yourselves fooled by buying this phone. It's actually a Rs.1599 chinese phone with the name "Micromax" on it. And you can't play HD games in it. When you try to, the phone hangs.
Check that chinese phone: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_m&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://k-touch.cn/product/detail%3Fprod_id%3D45
I am trying to get this phone too buddy..please do let me know if you find it anywhere in mumbai..I was wondering would we get it in Alpha market or Borvli Indraprasth mall.
hi Guys I would be buying the phone over the weekend.just want to know where in mumbai will I find the phone & whats the latest price.Has anyone used the phone, how is it.hope there are no issues with the phone..please suggest.