What about issue making it 200 dollar device before Christmas? :)
Yo GSM Arena Team, you forgot to mention what they had to say about the screen jitter issues.
Anonymous, 16 Nov 2017To Andy Robin and his friends! Give us second version base on windows mobile/phone (10/11) thank youwindows phone is dead, why on earth would they invest time and money in producing that?
Kangal, 16 Nov 2017I like how Andy Rubin and co tip-toed and avoided the important questions about their question... moreLemme answer that for you.
1. They removed the jack because of a dilemma where there's no more space to fit inside the PH-1 so it's either omit the jack or the phone will have an obnoxious bulge on their phone.
2. The notch because they're trying to remove the forehead of the phone. It can't be called bezelless if the sides are only razor thin. It should be like the Sharp Aquos and the Mi Mix but unlike the two, the camera is at the natural position. Putting the camera at the bottom gives you that big nose hole selfies so they did that.
3. Weird screen resolution because that tiny but seemingly unnoticeable notch is accounted for that resolution.
4. Only a handful of people care about front-firing dual stereo speakers. Bezelless is the reason why that kind of speakers barely exist. We all don't have the technology and design for that.
5. No microSD slot because UFS 2.1 is alot faster than those Class 10 cards.
6. No DualSIM because I expect you guys to be loyal to one ISP only.
7. We worked so hard to make those cameras. 10000 picture tests and worked overtime for every calibrations done to take the best photos out there.
8. Bad pricing because we have to take Ceramic and Titanium accounted for the manufacturing price. Did you see Shark Tank? It's part of business.
9. Legal troubles because I, Andy Rubin created Android. Deal with it!
I like how Andy Rubin and co tip-toed and avoided the important questions about their questionable decisions when making the phone. Such as:
....removing the Aux Port, No Ingress Protection/IP68, the annoying notch, weird screen ratio/resolution, no front-firing dual stereo loudspeakers, no microSD slot, no DualSIM, using two bad cameras instead of one good one, bad pricing, and current legal troubles.
These Reddit AMA's, especially this one, are severely doctored, censored, and serve no purpose besides self-promotion. There will not be a follow-up to the Essential Phone PH-1, it's lost its "zazz" "pep" and "hype". The public have the options of the Razer Phone, OnePlus, Nokia, BlackBerry, and the newer AndroidOne devices competing in the same market segment.
To Andy Robin and his friends! Give us second version base on windows mobile/phone (10/11) thank you
Essential Team should know that ppl always go fo leading brands when upgrading thier smartphones.Hope,Essential's next model will come with mid-range spec with mid-range price(quite lower than other brands).I wish this new brand will success in future!:)
This phone looks and feel better then iphone X ithing essential will be excellent phone.