Krish, 02 Nov 2020If its available in India and Google Apps can be sideloaded, I would buy the Mate 40 Pro. ... moreIt worked on P40 but it requires you to follow a Youtube Guide, also there is a easier method developed by XDA called Googlify and it seems to make the process easier. :)
Lukhanyo, 02 Nov 2020Nick again, stop giving your opinions and trying to disguise them as facts just because you li... moreIf you can't come up with a better counterargument than that then I kindly ask you not to bother me at all. I've said the same thing multiple times in Sony-related articles albeit with different contexts, my stance on this whole "idea & execution" topic has been consistent for years and what I said about Samsung is a simple fact, not an opinion.
If its available in India and Google Apps can be sideloaded, I would buy the Mate 40 Pro.
The Mate 10 Pro has been the best ever phone I've used, and I use only flagship models. The pics from Mate 10 Pro still look good after years. Just yesterday, I was checking the pic attributes and they had F1.6 aperture back in 2017!!!
Nick Tagataka, 01 Nov 2020"they just redefined on old products and make them better and clone others ideas" I... moreNick again, stop giving your opinions and trying to disguise them as facts just because you like huawei
Anonymous, 01 Nov 2020I don't think you know what a majority is. If 35% don't want a huawei the other 65% ... moreI don't think you know what 'near-majority' means.
Ask GSMArena to make another poll: I will not buy the Mate 40 Pro because:
- it's too expensive
- lack of GMS
- I don't like Huawei
- I will buy it anyway
And with that I imagine there will be a clearer picture. I would like Huawei to gain market share, I might even consider buying one, but not at this price and with lack of GMS, plus their phones are too big for my pockets. But nobody asked me and phone size is never an argument in any of these biased polls.
The polls and results are just made up to gather "interaction", so it pays off the more controversial they are. I should just stop posting anything here and promoting shit material.
So I've owned a P30+ for one year, and quite honestly has been far superior to any other phone I've ever owned, and I've had them all. Based on the accusations by the USA regarding Huawei. I am going back to Samsung. Hopefully they will one day match Huawei's performance and reliability. Damn shame Huawei turned out to be yet another despicable Chinese manufacturer...
someone123, 01 Nov 2020I think the post author jumps to some conclusions and misses the obvious. First, the near-majo... moreI don't think you know what a majority is. If 35% don't want a huawei the other 65% want it with some caveats, but they still have a positive sentiment towards the devices. So no, they read it correctly. As for the other poll only 25% actively disregard every model of the mate 40 series while 75% have their interest peeked one way or another. This means that hate it or love it Huawei's got people's attention.
1200euro vs 1400euro, having no free form lens, another tele vs having it all. Obvious.
RS temperature sensing is too premium though, would expect some crazy tech for that price, like also UV light or IR camera.
Can say though its more exciting than half year from other brands, they not only managed to bring it despite manufacturing concerns, they also came stronger and brought power and productivity with that. Sadly they are limited in collaboration with Microsoft, but Microsoft may bring web based apps soon so I hope.
Anonymous, 01 Nov 2020look at Huawei phones since their first P phones, exact replicas of Galaxy S2 and Xperia Z, lo... more"not to mention when they decided to go with their own designs it was horrible too"
In your own opinion only.
NotAnOpinion, 01 Nov 2020That's where you are wrong, though. I'm pro-consumer not pro-industry. Because I cal... more"they just redefined on old products and make them better and clone others ideas"
I mean, what matters the most is who has managed to execute the idea the best, not who has actually invented the idea (though this is not to say the latter is not important at all). Samsung has been taking a lot of ideas from other companies in smartphone industry (especially from Sony) but they are praised because the way they implement features onto their smartphones has been generally superiour to others.
Anonymous, 01 Nov 2020bruh what kind of argument yeah bro 5G was entirely made by Huawei 💀💀💀 and more patents ... moreYou think 5G is easy? It's not or otherwise every other company would be making them. Huawei is making the best and most affordable 5G equipment. No other company comes close.
Anonymous, 01 Nov 2020look at Huawei phones since their first P phones, exact replicas of Galaxy S2 and Xperia Z, lo... moreThe P series generally adopts a utilitarian design with focus mainly on the cameras. Still, you won't confuse the design with another phone. When they were released, which other phones have gradient coloured backs? Which other phones have a square lens for a periscope sensor? And which other phones have 4 sided curves like in this year's P40 series? They're uniquely P series features that identifies P series phones and Huawei pushes and innovates on new designs each year.
Anonymous, 01 Nov 2020I don't see any other phone maker making phones with the camera prowess that is present i... morelook at Huawei phones since their first P phones, exact replicas of Galaxy S2 and Xperia Z, lol talk about "original phone design" lol
not to mention when they decided to go with their own designs it was horrible too
their P series nowadays literally just copies other android phones, vertical camera, teardrop, chin, holepunch, notch
Raky, 01 Nov 2020Huawei is not just good camera.
Ever heard of 5G???
Look whose technology is there in it.
... morebruh what kind of argument
yeah bro 5G was entirely made by Huawei 💀💀💀
and more patents = innovation 💀💀💀
NotAnOpinion, 01 Nov 2020That's where you are wrong, though. I'm pro-consumer not pro-industry. Because I cal... moreHuawei is not just good camera.
Ever heard of 5G???
Look whose technology is there in it.
Your statement that Huawei is not innovative is so wrong too...it is one of the companies with most patents in few years now.
And talking about how they just makes other ideas working better, and then praising Apple for being innovative???
I mean wtf!?
Apple is the company that is famous for taking other companies ideas, making them better, and presenting them as new and innovative in their own world where nothing else doesn't exist.
Congratulations for getting 5G in 2020, and possibly high refresh rate screens in 2021.
Sorry Huawei, but not for that prices.
I am one of few, that supports Huawei here...but just don't value in this proposition.
I know it is Huawei's flagship device, that should compare to all Galaxy Notes and iPhones out there, but Huawei forgets that there are some great options for much less money. (A 1/3 less to be more specific).
And no matter how good hardware here is, Huawei have a huge problem with not having Google or real replacement that would support all the apps needed (banking apps in my case).
Now, my thoughts went to an idea that they could fight it with lowering their prices, but I guess they have some other ideas.
Ideas, which are not working, at least not in Europe.