i want someone to suggest me between 7610 and 6630 , i needed to buy the phone in just couple of weeks , let me know which one is best
i need to buy ,but unfortunately i don,t know to get the delivery page.
for those interested with antivir for n6630;
evaluation only (nokia site released this 09Feb2005)
i just flashed my n6630 to v 3.45.113 04-01-05 rm-1 (of course at nokia professional, philippines) so far its faster and longer battery life.
Btw,you SE supporters that enter this forum and give Nokia a bad name are highly unprofessional losers! To put it straight-forwardly, SE phones like the K700i are a real rip-off! What's the use of a music player with fixed memory?! Big time crapperz!
Hope all my fellow Nokia supporters are with me on this issue. Thx guyz!
I'm really stuck like many others at a crossroad between buying N6630 and the new N6680...Since my budget is low and I can't wait, I'll most likely get 6630....but some of u guys keep posting on how it has many probs...is it true? And I really wanna fit a 512MB memory with it. Is that ok?
Pls reply A.S.A.P.!
PS: I'm a 100% diehard Nokia supporter all the way. The phones rock!!
Hello ehsan and all others. N6630 is the best in the market. Having used this phone for more than a week i can tell u from my experience that the phone is so well designed. It's really good. The text font is not so small as everybody exaggerates here. And regarding switching on the phone it takes twenty two seconds. Thats half the time taken by 7710. A word of caution. The photos weren't of that quality as shown by this site. There is some distortion of colours. I think i must try 640 480 pixels. But i'm not sure if thats going to gimme photos like those given in this site.
I have read e opinions of 6630 n i know that it cant write chinese words for singapore version,but if i receive chinese msg from my friends will i be able to read it???pls reply me a.s.a.p coz im gettin it within these few days...tks
I think it's the suprem Phone ever made (till now) but for Romania it's too expensive
try checking your local Nokia Center...I'll be going to singapore n see if they can upgragde my firmware
ohh. is this the latest firmware for nokia 6630 ?
How to get it ? on internet ? or ?
i'm from Malaysia.
please tell me.. thks~!
Changes/improvements made from MCU SW v 188.8.131.52 to v 184.108.40.206:
- Incoming Calling Line Identification (CLI) shows in addition to matched name also phone number
- Manual network mode selection is possible via settings. Default setting is dual mode, user may select GSM only if needed
- PDP disconnect dialog is shown to user if the network cannot give an additional data context when streaming is launched from a browser page
- Partial Idle screen indicates unread messages indicator
- Manual network selection list has been made shorter. Only one operator name is shown in the list even if operator has both 2G and 3G networks available
- Dialling to prefixed numbers (e.g. *140number) improved
- USSD session ending handling improved
- Alternative Line Service (ALS) improved
- Reading language information from SIM improved
- SIM handling improved for large phonebook
- Some changes to USAT commands Play tone and Refresh
- Audio and Video:
- Ringing tone behaviour improved
- Streaming improved to work better with some servers
- Memory handling improved when playing audio or mp4 content
- Large File download behaviour improved
- Handling of web sites sending incorrect content types improved
- Video Call:
- Interoperability improvement, Vendor ID now sent in H.324 information
- Help application help texts updated
- IMEISV sent to network changed to 17
- Automatic access point settings updated
- Manufacturing process improvement due to optimised power management software
- Always online email behaviour improved
- MCU SW version 220.127.116.11 for following variants:
0521017 ERA Poland
0523272 ERA Poland
0521046 Telia Go
0521052 One AG
0521269 Telenor Mobil AG
0521196 Tele2 Comviq AG
0521198 Tele2 Comviq LG
0521534 Pannon Hungary AG
Anyone got this firmware how's is it...feedback pls
1)Why do I have to unlock the keypad to switch an incoming a call to speaker phone ?
2)Why are the fonts so small for text messaging ?
3) Why is the envelope symbol to notify new message so faint & small ?
4) Why is the phone so slow to boot up or slow go to inbox etc compared to phones that cost a tenth as much ?
5) Why when I presspage down whilst looking at a text message, doesn't the screen go to next page of text rather than a just couple of lines down ?
6) Why does the signal strength bar show no signal when there is still sufficient signal ?
All niggling faults & not what I'd expect from a 'top of the range' Nokia phone !!!!!
heyyy guys i bought this phone 6630 its amazing quiet nice set the gretest thing in is it,s picture last time i have been to lankawi in malaysia i never bring my digital camera with myself you know why because i having 6630 . and i fully satisfied with his picture quality