Hey, I saw a video on youtube that was taken on the mobile world congress, there was a guy that was saying all the spec's of the phone, including that it can hold a 6GB micro sd card, it's that true? which is the max it can hold?? cuz on i saw on a webpage that it only holds up to 2GB
Can somebody help me with that??
Anonymous, 17 Jun 2008this phone is perfect for people who mainly wanna use it for the audio player using their head... moreAre there two different models? 90% of the pictures found on the web show no secondary videocam, none of the videos I've found show it, so... I don't get it.
anyone know how to set it up where it gives you a missed call alert?, like if it makes a sound or something, its a great phone , but the manual is horrible
BTW! Just to help you guys the link below has some great (and really loud) ringtones for your set. I used the given softwares to creat more ringtones for myself as well. Try them they really work well on the U900.
My mini review:
- Beautiful to look at and hold
- Superb built quality
- c0mfortable keypad and also very sturdy
- magic screen really works. Its simply awesome to look at and operate
- lovely themes. Love the fact that you can customize them
- great display. The colors are bright and saturated and photos look great
- user interface much improved but still not upto the mark
- great functionality for a non-smart phone. I believe its one of the best in the market as far as funtionality is concerned.
- Great camera. Photos looks good on pc and phone.
- pathetic voice quality! I know that this has been discussed thousands of times on the forums but I am bitterly disappointed with the voice quality of such a high-end device. Samsung needs to wake up and realize that such compromises would really hurt their sales.
- pathetic speaker! I rate the speaker on this device 4 out of 10. Its a multimedia device not a calculator. When i am outdoors i cant afford to miss my clals just becuase i couldnt hear my phone ring. Samsung are you listening?
- Also dont understand why they cannot put separate speakers for ringing and voice calls?
- The user interface is fast and great to look at but still not as user-friendly as Nokia or SE.
- Battery performance is WEAK period! Mine died in the middle of a phone call and the phone never woke up after that. And whats with the aweful slow charging time?
- Weak internet capabilities. Just use the browser on an N-Series device and you'll know what I am ranting about.
Its a good device for people who want to show-off and impress girls and believe me it will impress the girls. Its amazing to look at! But for me there are too many compromises to give it a positive review. Sorry Smsung....maybe next time. :)
I like this handset for its looks but fails on performance.
First the in-call volume is very low. The ringtone volume is low (used a ringtone that I have on my N95/8GB which has 8volume levels @ was loud on volume level 5 but on max volume level on u900 was still low).
Sending data via bluetooth is very slow. It was much faster on the u600.
Best thing about the phone is creating your own skins, brilliant probably the best thing on the phone.
I see people mentioning about software upgrades for this. 1.is it available 2.where do you do it, via the internet on SAMSUNGS website or does it have to be taken to a SAMSUNG repair centre? Can anyone help?
i got the mobile 3 days ago i had n95 nokia before , i like u 900 much more , the quality of camera is much better,
JL, 27 Jun 2008I just got this phone yesterday, and overall it is a great well made phone. The camera is ver... morelikewise ive had the phone for like 2mths..and your comment is exactually spot on. couldnt agree with you more.
once samsung bring out a firmware upgrade to fix the incall volume issues this is going to be the best non smartphone out...without question.
I just got this phone yesterday, and overall it is a great well made phone. The camera is very good, and despite the reviews on the sounds of the mp3 player, I think it is very loud, and clear, sounds natural. However, the call quality is spotty, on some calls it is difficult to hear the other person, yet on other occasions it is loud and clear. To be honest, if the call volume was louder, this phone would be one of the best phones I have used, but every phone has flaws, but maybe with a blue tooth headset this problem would not be an issue. Only had it one day, but so far, out of a 10, I give it an 8.5. Texting is also pretty good, very easy to text, and the magical touch pad, is fantastic, very responsive, very cool, and its quick, maybe a half second to respond, if that. I recommend this phone to anyone that likes sliders, and likes sturdy well built phones, not plastic like most phones. So far, its a keeper.
Does it have a secondary videoCall camera or not? The pictures show a model with and another without it. Which model of soul does have a sec. camera?
Thx, hope someone else noticed that.
This means the Soul has sold better in this early stage than the iPhone managed in the first quarter of the year
I have the Samsung Soul. But the over exposure when using the flash is really bad. How can I change this?
What themes are available for it?
its a 3rd class phone..........
battery is so weak......
n price is 2 high.......no money value ......
i wud nt recommend this.......
plzzz dnt buy this......
Anonymous, 26 Jun 2008Has anyone here recently switched from the Razr v3 phone to the samsung U900 Soul? Just wonder... morei was using Motorola V3 b4 switching to this, which i consider a major upgrade :)
if your only concerns are battery life and call volume, i would say they are pretty much the same to me. i charged almost every 2-3 days before on V3 and is still doing the same on Soul.
Usage is different though cuz im usin Soul for internet for ard 15-30mins daily, while V3 was just for talk and txt.
can someone tell me if the navigation panel(touch panel)flickers while just on the phone using it normally by any chance..
Has anyone here recently switched from the Razr v3 phone to the samsung U900 Soul? Just wondering if you could compare the two. Like for battery life and call volume ? Which phone is better in that sence?
Anonymous, 25 Jun 2008a few things on voicemail and stuffs... 1. Set your voicemail number: Settings -> Applicat... moreI cannot change the voicemail number with my current SIM any other sim i try i can but with my main sim the phone tells me that i cannot edit the field... Any idea?