Updated to miui 8.2.3 from stable 8.1.6. battery darin is very fast
Sov.R.S.Laurent, 11 May 2017Literally JUST got an update, MIUI Global| STABLE 220.127.116.11 (mhrmidl). So far so good, no glitch... moreThis MIUI V18.104.22.168 MHRMIDL (MIUI8) is an update for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Special Edition Global (KATE) and not for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm Global (KENZO) and for KENZO the update is MIUI V22.214.171.124.MHOMIDL (MIUI8).
Screen smashes very easily. I bought a few for my family, and 3 out of 4 have cracked screens. Also hard to copy files off it. Beware these are not waterproof.
Extra phone. I rly did not have any issue for this few months of using. This is the best deal in this price range. It does not miss anything, got awesome battery, 5.5 inch, cam 16 and 8mp, 2x sim or SD, 78k antutu, phone is literally 400 evra price range, sholder to sholder with Sony Z5, Xperia X, Samsing S6, 20 % faster then LG G4. Maybe 3g or 4g receiver is weaker, but it might be provider in here and it doesn not have amulet display. That is all, but for 180 euro, 3gb versio phone is "The Deal".
Okay, so i noticed a certain amount of memory drain before the update, just about 512 mb's or so. AFTER the update, nothing, full 1.5 memory available, zero lag.
Literally JUST got an update, MIUI Global| STABLE 126.96.36.199 (mhrmidl). So far so good, no glitches to report. Will update about the battery life after a while.
AnonD-459221, 11 May 2017Was it nightly or stable?...Mine is MIUI Global 8.2 | Stable 188.8.131.52(MHOMIDL). now you decide as I don't know exactly I am thinking it is stable only.
Not able to copy or download files more than 4GB on the SD Card. As a result, my torrent is failed (File too large: write to disk). I found it after wasting my bandwidth that FAT32 format has restrictions on files more than 4GB so you can't download a file larger than 4GB on the SD Card. I wonder if the Redmi Note 3 supports exfat formatted MicroSD Cards?
AnonD-459221, 10 May 2017Has anyone got the official miui 184.108.40.206 update??Yes, I got the update couple of days back. I already installed it and seems good. no issues till now. it around 23MB I think
Found a few more bugs in MIUI v220.127.116.11 MHOMIDL for RN3.
1. VoLTE symbol isn't showing up always..
2. This is an annoying bug. I'm not able to copy or move a 4.61 GB file from the internal storage to the SD Card & USB Storage. Also it's not getting compressed by the default file manager and third party file managers like ES File Explorer. And also not able to send it to other devices via file sharing apps like Shareit and Xender. I tried to download it again directly on the SD card but the download stopped at 4.29 GB. In fact, in all the cases the operation stucks at 4.29 GB. So I guess there is some restrictions on copying and moving files more than 4.29 GB to external storage and also restrictions on compressing and sending files more than 4.29 GB. Due to this bug, I wasted​ lot of my bandwidth..
Awesome device but camera quality was poor suggest me any app for good camera performance tnx
Here's my detailed review of MIUI 18.104.22.168 MHOMIDL on Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon 3GB 32GB after using it for a month.
New Features -
Personal Hotspot -
* Limit of connected devices.
* Blocklist Option.
* Cool New Animation For Task Manager.
* 2 New Wallpapers Added.
* Battery Saver Toggle Added in the notification shade.
* Home screen Settings Option added in settings page within which you can lock home screen layout.
* You can find a new device administrator (Secure Spaces Device Admin) in Device Administrators < in Privacy option < in Additional Settings < Settings.
New Apps -
* Mi Picks application pre-installed.
* RAM Management is pretty much the same. Most of the time getting 1.6 GB to 1.7 GB RAM Free.
Fingerprint Sensor -
* Vibration for fingerprint sensor is disabled. Miss the haptic feedback. But the fingerprint sensor is working more accurately than before.
Music Player -
* Music Player Interface is changed which looks pretty cool to me.
Security App -
* Automated Tasks option added in the security application.
Android Security Patch -
* Security Patch has been updated to February 2017.
Bugs fixed -
1. Call Logs restored automatically after every reboot even if cleared in the previous version (MIUI v22.214.171.124 MHOMIDI). It's been fixed in the new update (MIUI v126.96.36.199 MHOMIDL)
2. All the themes except the default one used to disappear in the previous version (MIUI v188.8.131.52 MHOMIDI). It's been fixed too.
Bugs Remaining -
1. Airtel 4G doesn't work for me most of the time. Earlier in MIUI 7 it used to work fine but in MIUI 8, the network settings were changed so 4G on Airtel doesn't always work. I'm using Jio 4G and Airtel as my first and second SIM cards respectively. Even with Prefer LTE Mode selected on Airtel SIM, it goes to 3G all the time and if manually selecting LTE Only Mode (through tapping 4 times on Settings > About Phone > Internal Memory) it shows "No Service" most of time. The network automatically keeps switching between 4G/3G/2G.
If you remember, in MIUI 7 the second SIM would go to 2G Only Mode if the first SIM was selected for data. Now in MIUI 8, the second SIM goes to 3G most of the time if the first SIM is selected for data. I'm able to use Airtel 4G on other 4G phones without any hassle. MIUI developers needs to sort out this issue by providing options to select Network Mode on both SIMs or maybe restore the MIUI 7 Network Settings.
2. MKV Format Videos (HD Movies) are lagging during playback in the default MIUI Video Player after updating to MIUI 8 update based on Marshmallow and this problem is still there in MIUI 8 v184.108.40.206 MHOMIDL. I've to use VLC Media Player to play MKV Videos.
3. Camera quality is pretty worse in artificial light with high level of noise creeping in. Furthermore when you focus on a subject with the LED Flash, the colours look pleasing on the screen but as soon as you press the shutter button, you end up having a washed out yellowish picture with very low levels of details.
4. Heating issues is more prominent in this update as usual internet browsing is making the phone heat up. It's also summer here so maybe it could be a factor. As long as you use the phone in a cool environment, not an issue.
5. Battery backup seems to have improved but not by much. With 1 SIM card on, I'm getting over 7 hours of screen on time on internet browsing using Chrome. The battery drains faster once it has dropped below 30 percent. Overall, it's still good for a phone like this. My phone has completed a year just a few days ago and still the battery backup is pretty good.
Now just waiting for Redmi Note 5 with Snapdragon 660.
this phone isvery good as copare with all phones similarly the value of price for other phones
this phone is very chief in against of other and such like its very good as a lowest price and
features are also very very good camera is also best with compare to samsung phones .
this phone is very good