BlackBerry 8830 World Edition - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.1
5.6
6.2

is it the Blackbery 8830 w.e is same like Blackbery 8830 normal edition?
what the different???

• 2008-01-06 10:25
  • PA8x

its a world phone because you can put in a sim card for another country and use it their and also use the cdma network in the US

• 2007-12-28 00:48
  • 0aZp

to get ringtones from bb8830 goto www.tuneusin.com directly from device. they are free. they have ringtones, real and poly and screensavers..

• 2007-12-23 00:01
  • Gyij

@wonder

the reason that this is world edition is because it is a north america bound phone, and the CDMA bands are the equivalent of GSM 850/1900. It is called world edition because CDMA does not work all over the world, but because this phone has both technologies, it is a world edition CDMA phone (only CDMA carries will sell this phone)

• 2007-12-17 19:11
  • kxxS

Why this phone called "World Phone"? Is this particular phone is at least a TRI-BAND, or QUAD-BAND capability?

If this is only Daul band, no matter how loaded it is, it will not workout in other country but only where you buy your service.

• 2007-12-13 11:42
  • 4M$B

My dear friends,

This blackberry some times it creates an great excitment and some time its creates a great exhaust of using it.my mobile always gets hooked up if i get to many messages.at that time even to answer a call its becomes very difficult.i dont understand the problem.any have its good to have such cute piece in hands always.

• 2007-12-01 12:57
  • Pxn7

The 8830 is the World Edition because of its ability to use both the CDMA network as well as GSM. The CDMA providers realized they were losing out on a big overseas market so they begger RIM to produce this. I find it VERY funny that even some, US CELLULAR, that sell this item don't even know its capabilities.

• 2007-11-26 17:29
  • b6Ei

I find that the unit tends to hang and loses service a lot. The issues are:

- if you have too many messages the phone tends to hang

- lose signal on the CDMA network and then end up with a landslide of messages

- try to make a call and fails on the first attempt, on the second attempt works perfectly

- battery life is a little shabby on the unit

it is by far one of the best looking blackberries though, definately business oriented.

• 2007-11-21 23:32
  • q{mk

Why is it considered an World Edition among other 8000 series. What sets an edge over the others?

Wld appreciate an answer.

thanks & regards

• 2007-11-16 06:21
  • S1bx

I have some basic questions. My needs are: 1) making/receiving calls when traveling globally on business (usually EU) 2) making/receiving Outlook emails globally (usually EU) which are derived from a secure company Intranet. Is this the best BB model for the $ to do this? Is there something as good but cheaper? Thanks

• 2007-11-09 16:58
  • Y6pg

Well I dunno duude, like this phone is cool but like it might be too expensive and I'll be down a few hundred dollars and then I won't be able to buy drinks and go to the movies, so like, I dunno duude.

• 2007-11-04 01:01
  • j5ct

Yes, it has both CDMA and GSM, but for GSM it only has the 900/1800 bands, so doesn't work in the US, only in Europe/Asia (excluding Japan/South Korea).

I tested one and on the Network Selection there's a "Global" option which "should" automatically switch when it detects a signal, etc. but I found it's more reliable to just set it to GSM when I was abroad.

• 2007-10-14 15:37
  • RGF5

Is it both GSM and CDMA on at the same time? Any information?

Thanks

• 2007-09-24 09:35
  • PAqS

hi.yet2own one-

• 2007-09-21 12:35
  • PEF{

hi, i would like to know if this phone works on MAC? thanks...

• 2007-09-09 22:10
  • kxZJ

I have best softwares for this set I wish I could upload those on this site.

• 2007-09-06 19:53
  • PAm6

Do You need to pay extra for the gps

• 2007-09-05 00:35
  • 4asY

I just want to say that I LOVE my BB-8830! I've had a chance to use the palm and sidekick and treo and the BB is the best by far! My only question is where do you get ringtones! I'm dork and I love to change the ringtones on my phone, and this is the only phone that I've had trouble w/ ringtones. HELP please! THANKS!

• 2007-08-23 01:43
  • 4F3K

will it work on reliance cdma(india)?

• 2007-08-01 18:02
  • vGCi

Fantastic,it really works,gps you rock,Greg.South Paulo

• 2007-07-28 12:18
  • NaD}
Total of 559 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry 8830 World Edition.