I just bought my HTC Touc Pro2 today and been charging the batter for the last 4hrs with the phone turned off. When I turned the phone back on, the battery bar only has two bar on it. Is this normal? I expect the battery to be fully charge after 2hrs but its not. Any HTC pro2 user having the same problem with the battery?
Hasan, 09 Sep 2009I just got my TP2 today and i am very impressed, however, how to u enable the radio ??u gotta plug in the ear phones
Dose the touch pro2 has Letter Recognizer or block Recognizer or Transcriber as an input method like the touch HD?
Because in the user guide they did not say any thing about them.
Please I need answer.
I just got my TP2 today and i am very impressed, however, how to u enable the radio ??
will, 07 Sep 2009Yes on oct 6 "Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, upgradeable to Windows Mobile 6.5"i have already wm 6.5 on my touch pro 2
Hardix, 04 Sep 2009Is Pro 2 upgradeable to WM 6.5 ?Yes on oct 6
"Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, upgradeable to Windows Mobile 6.5"
nik.., 06 Sep 2009m confused between...nokia n97 and htc pro 2. plzz help me.. thnx in advance..:-)No confusion Pro2 is far better than N97, Nokia only is good in cameras. Search on youtube for Pro2 Vs N 97 and you will see a good video called fight. Finally it is a matter of taste and choice. I would rather choose the N900 as this one is a very good device.
m confused between...nokia n97 and htc pro 2.
plzz help me..
thnx in advance..:-)
Pro 2 is going to be upgradable to W 6.5 when they release the soft ware update
Smit, 03 Sep 2009Can you use skype on the phone?Skype works perfect on this phone, you can also talk to anyone or send SMS over wifi and if you configured it the reply from the other party will come on your Sim number. The other party will see your sim number when he or she receives the sms.
To get the audio through the ear piece you have to download a program called audio route for free, so you can listen through speaker or ear piece.
James UK, 04 Sep 2009Just took delivery of my Blackberry 8900 and I am very happy again (after using the TP2 for 1 ... moreOne important thing I forget. I can get two full days of touch pro2 or a little less including standby at night. I open the internet connection for 10 hours daily to receive e-mails. 30 min of talk time and almost 5 hours of usage between audio, wifi, and application, and also the bluetooth connection to the headset. In my point of view that is good for a ppc.
I am using mobile e-mail program powered by visto corp and that is used as a mandatory by my carrier to receive e-mails. It almost update e-mails every 10 to 15 min. This is not included in the usage or the standby time.
Hope this helps.
Camera is not good and I can agree with you in this point but it serves the purpose of taking pics.
James UK, 04 Sep 2009Just took delivery of my Blackberry 8900 and I am very happy again (after using the TP2 for 1 ... moreI tried to call a certain number and press 1 then I put the phone to my ear and then press again 2 but I can find the keypad without problems. I did that many times and the keypad didn't disappear. I am sorry that you have this problem.
I have the phone for more than 2 months and it did not dial a number at it's own, not even a single time.
I am typing this reply using the slide out keyboard and I did not end up to use the virtual one only. There are times that I use the virtual keyboard and other time using the slide out one.
I can agree with you about the one hand operation, and I am not sure about the e-mail in the US as I did not use the set there.
The set is also a little big but I get used to it.
I have the unlocked version of the PRO2.
That was only my experience, and finally it is a matter of taste, I just want it to be clear for other people as well.
It does have AGPS and wm6.5 will be available later this year from HTC as an ROM update.
Anonymous, 03 Sep 2009Deon, to scroll between text messages..while opened a text, swipe screen from right to lefthow long have you had the htc touch pro 2 and would you recommend it? I am in the postion of getting one but not sure if its as good as it sounds
Pro, 03 Sep 2009Please let me know why you want to change to blackberry after using this phone? Please give us... moreJust took delivery of my Blackberry 8900 and I am very happy again (after using the TP2 for 1 month). The TP2 will be on eBay within a week or so once I get the time to list it. Some reasons I did not like the TP2
1) Too bulky. Unfortunately the Touch Diamond was not available on Vodafone otherwise I might have given more effort to using the HTC touch phone. The TP2 is a real brick !
2) Battery life is poor
There are also quirky things I don't like such as
3) Say you dial 121 (for example) to check voice mail. Then you press 2 to check for messages and put the phone to your ear. The display turns off at this point (since you have it next to your ear). You listen to your message and then it says "press 3 to delete". You take the phone away from your ear and the display lights up but the keypad is gone. You have to press the green send key again and then press "keypad" to get the keypad back to delete the message. Then you put the phone to your ear and the cycle repeats. This drove me nuts.
4) Phone sometimes has a life of its own and dials last number - even when keypad is locked !! Never did figure this out over a period of a couple of weeks but it happened enough times to really irritate. As I said, this happened even when the keypad was locked (I did enough tests to try and figure it out with no success)
5) Almost impossible to use single-handed whereas the Blackberry I can be walking down the street or riding a bike and do everything single handed (notice I did not mention driving a car)
6) Keypad. I ended up using the keypad on the display rather than the slide out keypad which made me wish the Diamond was available on Vodafone. And no I did not consider buying an unlocked Diamond because I get my phones for free.
7) Camera function is quirky in cumberson to use.
8) Email stopped working while traveling in the U.S. and never did get it back again. This caused me huge inconvenience.
So there you go. Today my Blackberry arrived and I am once again very, very happy. Then again this is a business phone for me and nothing more.
Hardix, 04 Sep 2009Is Pro 2 upgradeable to WM 6.5 ?att's version will come with 6.5