Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to G@sh2401 @ 2014-07-03 07:58 from ceKb - click to readThanks for your opinion. It seems that you have the phone for longer than me. But it would've been great if you shed some light on some parts such as camera, screen, battery life and performance of the device.

I have the phone for more than 1 year and 1 month now and I am really happy with the device.

I am waiting for a device that can prompt me to change but no such device yet. Even current gen phones are only slightly better.

Have a nice day

• 2014-07-03 09:03
  • YQrM

> In reply to Sam76 @ 2014-07-03 05:41 from uGZP - click to readhehehe....

• 2014-07-03 08:51
  • bEJ1

This phone seems to get better and better with time. A true life companion for me. I grabbed this piece soon after it released, and it has been more than satisfying experience for me.

Believe it or not, if you came across a term called "anticipatory computing" this is what makes this piece special.

This phone actually learns from its master, and gets modulated as per my needs, but the criteria for that should be you must not do a factory reset, or it has to learn everything all over again.

To give few examples:

It has understood when I wake up, and when I go to sleep, and it adjusts the notifications and call volumes accordingly, it is also aware that who all are important to me and whom call I shouldn't miss, so, when I am asleep at night, I have found that I have heard it ring for only those calls, else I see missed calls in the morning for unknown or less important numbers, and this is without the blocking mode on...amazing!

It has understood when I go to office and what route I follow, so, when its the time to leave, it provides a notification about the traffic conditions, and estimated time it would take to reach, similar notification I receive when I leave for home.

I can also feel that it adjust the receiver volume according to the surrounding noise, and I am able to hear it with absolute clarity in any situation.

Similarly, it reduces the background noise from my side, and many a times people on the other side have passed compliments for the voice quality and asked me which phone I am using.

It has also learnt the way I talk, and picks up and learn some phrases from me as well and when I use S Voice, it gives feedback by adding those phrases when applicable, that is simply outstanding, it seems as if we are talking to a human.

One most used feature for me is Watch ON, it can control your TV, AC, and Set Top Box all at once, and also provides recommendation for the TV shows I may like, simply awesome! I can set reminders, record them and hell lot of more features.

There is also a "Significant Motion Sensor" built in, which I believe is a sensor that anticipates accidental drops, and may prevent data from being corrupted with a fall.

It takes care of my health, tracking my daily workout routine, it has a feature, which uses GPS to track the distance I have ran, how much calories burnt and all other stats, that too without using mobile data.

It can automatically create ringtones for me for any song I select, by choosing the best part of the song to be played, works pretty well.

It can recognize text from images, and can copy that as text.

And there are much much more to add to it. After an year and two months of use, still it manages to surprise me with some or the other hidden mystery..

I believe its worth every penny I spent

My Experience with the latest upgrade received few days back:

The screen seems to be more brighter and sharper.

There are few UI tweaks including change in GPS icon on the notification Bar, and more flatter icons.

Smart Network Switch feature has been added which switches data between WiFi and mobile network to help in uninterrupted downloads and data usage

Animations are much smoother

The video player's navigation bar is now translucent, and looking elegant.

There might be some under the hood performance changes which are not visually apparent.

Battery Consumption is being on a bit higher side, but this is the case with every update, it usually stabilizes after few days.

Whoever wants to have this piece, just go for it, just make sure you buy from an authentic showroom and do not get cheated.

• 2014-07-03 07:58
  • ceKb

> In reply to sunpine @ 2014-07-02 00:16 from Xr9} - click to readMaybe something is wrong with your ears or your mouth. see a doctor.

• 2014-07-03 05:57
  • PPSX

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-07-02 16:31 from YQrM - click to readYeah,you're right.

• 2014-07-03 05:41
  • uGZP

plzz do anyone know about S4 ADH (Accidental Damage Handling) . How do one activate it and is S4 a phone to buy . Plzz reply its so urgent . Thanks

• 2014-07-02 20:49
  • 3sEw

Please any one tell me Samsung galaxy s4(16gb) and s4(64gb) price is same ? If the price have any different, please tell me what is the different. I want to know that what is the price of Samsung galaxy s4(64gb) version? And where i found it. Please help me brother. And i am sorry for my bad English. Really it is very emergency so tell me the price of s4(64gb) and where i found it. Because i am really ready to buy it from any country.... Like as India,Saudi,America, etc. Please help me bro..... Please please please please please please please please please please please please please.

• 2014-07-02 19:24
  • uNVK

after updating my s4 by care center my device shows me a black screen with clock on it for mili second and disapear i show it to care they update s4 again but same problem remains what should i do i m tired of this jerk update nd care center any body facing same problem help me

• 2014-07-02 18:30
  • rAS8

> In reply to Sam76 @ 2014-07-02 15:31 from GThf - click to readDon't reply to trolls.

• 2014-07-02 16:31
  • YQrM

> In reply to sunpine @ 2014-07-02 00:16 from Xr9} - click to readHaven't heard or read about such issue,simply take it to the store from you bought it,show them the problem & get it replaced.

• 2014-07-02 15:31
  • GThf

I really like this phone used it for 2 months no hangs good battery excellent gaming the best ever camera..

• 2014-07-02 11:28
  • TS8D

> In reply to dd @ 2014-07-02 05:33 from fCx7 - click to readS4 patch update came last week in Tamil Diaspora region like Singapore, Malaysia-KL, Chennai etc..

Regarding northern India schedule update will be available by next week.

This update fixes all bug which was in the last kitkat update like unwanted battery draining, etc

• 2014-07-02 07:01
  • Iw@F

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-07-01 15:01 from YQrM - click to readHey Shubham..hav u got any update lately? I have not received any update via OTA or Kies in Pune..bcoz I can c people talking abt updates coming to them..pls confirm

• 2014-07-02 05:33
  • fCx7

What a heap of crap. Put it near your ear and it starts dialling . People I ring complain they cannot hear me. Talk with it to close to your face and it hangs up your call. Use a blue tooth so as to keep it away from your face and it drops out. Never buy anotherone

• 2014-07-02 00:16
  • Xr9}

After upgraded the OS to Kitkat, it started to overheat and the battery drained way too fast even in stand by mode. After checking the battery usage, I've noticed that it was a single app causing all this, namely Google +. So I simply disabled it and now it's back to normal.

• 2014-07-01 17:28
  • Nv6s

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-01 15:22 from t1$A - click to readIt's a stability update. Still 4.4.2.

• 2014-07-01 16:14
  • bC7D

> In reply to Prateek @ 2014-07-01 14:39 from vIaR - click to readI got an update notification via Kies. The update is about 1.8 GB.

I think it is 4.4.3 and now I am updating it.

Most probably it should be 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 update as per this news

• 2014-07-01 15:22
  • t1$A

> In reply to Arghya @ 2014-07-01 09:31 from t}yu - click to readDo a factory reset.

• 2014-07-01 15:01
  • YQrM

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-01 14:09 from t1$D - click to readBut its still showing 4.4.2

• 2014-07-01 14:39
  • vIaR

> In reply to Prateek @ 2014-07-01 07:29 from vIaR - click to readIts 4.4.3 update.

• 2014-07-01 14:09
  • t1$D
Total of 16122 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4.