Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

HAI,iam recently purchased samsung s4 in kuwait,and how is about the phone is it worthable any battery problem guys gudide me iam new to touch screen mobile, i have a old sony ericsson g502,please give me the tricks about the phone thanks samsung iam iam later post my experience

• 2014-04-09 02:53
  • rJWY

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-08 20:27 from 3pau - click to readI have the 4.4.2 BR and runs like the wind

• 2014-04-09 01:36
  • J40m

s4- 442= overheating - lagging -very fast battery drain - ANY solutions before bugs fix 443 .. FOCUS .. n help if some one can ..

• 2014-04-08 20:27
  • 3pau

> In reply to Sam @ 2014-04-08 10:46 from rKJ$ - click to readDear Sam,

The Best phone in the market right now is the Samsung galaxy S4. It has everything. I have been using it now for the past few months. Forget any other products or criticism, samsung galaxy s4 is truly a life companion. Goodluck friend.

• 2014-04-08 19:21
  • fuNc

What happened to the battery because I have one that I've been using for 4 months and I've change the battery twice now. It overheat all the time switches off sometimes. Why?

• 2014-04-08 16:06
  • ftV7

> In reply to Haitham @ 2014-04-07 17:50 from D}T4 - click to readthanks for your reply....but there is some heating issue.?

• 2014-04-08 11:00
  • t7ka

I wanna buy a phone next week but confused between this & xperia z1 compact, my main concern are:
1) Good camera for indoor/outdoor as i love to take photos.
2) Loud enough ringing volume to heard even at crowded places.
3) Good call quality as i don't want to stick my phone to my ears to hear my callers or be like a deaf person.
Dear S4 users it would be a great help if you help me in picking up the right phone, thanks in advance.

• 2014-04-08 10:46
  • rKJ$

> In reply to Saurav Ghosh @ 2014-04-07 18:57 from uteb - click to readHmmm maybe .. i will check it replacing the cable. or i will use my s2 charger and see the output.

Tnahks Saurav, i will hit back after i follow your instuction and let you know if it works or not. :)

• 2014-04-08 07:06
  • PVej

> In reply to mu96XT @ 2014-04-07 17:46 from Trk{ - click to readU didnt read my post thoroughly ;) .. anyway .. my mobile charger is geneuine and my phone is just 2 weeks old. it was charging properly at start now its not. I need to check its charger.

• 2014-04-08 07:03
  • PVej

> In reply to Skeith Leon @ 2013-03-15 12:50 from tA$u - click to readMR. Xperia Z

What i think that you have not seen S4 yet. IT is light years ahead in terms of display than your Z1. Sony is only providing that stupid LCD display on their Xperia Z. But samsung has used Super Amoled display on this. Even Samsung galaxy s2 has a better display then the xperia z.

So don't discourage people out here wanting to buy a perfect phone.

Guys i don't owe this phone but i am plannin to do this within this month.

And this would be my 3rd Samsung phone in Series.

Drawbacks of various phones:-

1) HTC: Poor after sales service(Most of the HTC's need service within an year of purchase)
2) Sony: Poor displays inspite of having the latest hardware.
3) Samsung: Only the plastic body i.e it.

• 2014-04-08 05:49
  • YQPg

Hey Guys

I want to have this phone but the box shows that it is made in India. Please help in this regard.

Are they really making some phones in their Noida plant??

• 2014-04-08 05:41
  • YQPg

Currently I am using lumia520 now I want to change mobile I am confused among s4, nexus 5 and HTC one. Please suggest me one among these.

• 2014-04-08 03:43
  • fCx2

error code ja3gxx-user 4.4.2 KOT 49H I9500XXUFNB4 relase-keys--------------What is it? 2-3 days comes this statement.

• 2014-04-07 23:28
  • 0I4g

> In reply to Tausif @ 2014-04-07 07:10 from PVej - click to readFor slow charging, it's most possibly your USB cable gone kaput. Use Galaxy Charging Current app from Play to monitor what's the current charging rate. While screen is off charging current should be 1800 mA, while screen is on it should be 1200 mA.

About faster battery drain, install Better Battery Stats from XDA, and monitor what apps are causing partial wakelocks. Disable them or some option, it will be sorted out. For example, Google's Location Reporting drains battery, and turning it off is recommended.

• 2014-04-07 18:57
  • uteb

Hello Shuvam, would you help me out? My 6-yr old son plays Subway surfers on my S4 daily, sometimes for 2 hours continuously. Does this increase the possibility of screen burn-in?
Also, the text gets blurred for a while scrolling up/down fast. This happens with all browsers I've checked, although not with all sites. Is this normal behavior? My friend's Xperia Z does nor have this blur with the same sites. So, I am a bit concerned.
Thanks in advance!

• 2014-04-07 18:21
  • bC7I

> In reply to appy @ 2014-04-07 12:04 from t7ka - click to readhello.. I Recommend u to buy S4 coz it has many advantage than Z1 Or Iphone:
1- Removable Battery: this is an important thing you should put in ur consideration coz maybe u need to change the battery one day, other thing in some rare cases u need to remove the battery to stop any stuck program and u can not do that if u have Z1 or Ihpone.

2- less price than others and u got same power of phone comparing to Z1.

3- u got many additional sensors such as eyes sensor ( help keeping screen turned on when u r reading something ) and Temp,humidity,barometer,gesture sensors, also u can flip the pics right and left without touching the screen.

4- Infrared Port: by this u could control the TV or satellite receiver.

5- And the most important thing is the Hard screen Glass protection ( Gorilla Glass V3 ) just google it and u find how hard it tolerate concussion, and this V3 is available only in S4 and S5.

hope i could make some points that helps u dear...
Haitham..

• 2014-04-07 17:50
  • D}T4

> In reply to Tausif @ 2014-04-07 14:05 from PVej - click to readI never mentioned about speed charging!Charging has nothing to do with battery, Phone OS. If its slow, than probably your charger or cable is not Genuine Samsung, or you are charging through your computer or phone's charging pins require cleaning with some alcohol (or nail polish remover) and an old tooth brush!

• 2014-04-07 17:46
  • Trk{

can any one tell me how to upgrade in kitkat 4.4.2

• 2014-04-07 14:50
  • YWiU

> In reply to mu96XT @ 2014-04-07 10:02 from Trk{ - click to readWill this help speeding up the charging ?

• 2014-04-07 14:05
  • PVej

should i buy s4,z1 or note 2.? i really wanted to buy s4..but just becoz of heating issue making me confused...

• 2014-04-07 12:04
  • t7ka
Total of 14987 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4.