Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

> In reply to leo @ 2014-07-15 11:35 from fxHd - click to readHave you a battery saver installed? Check its settings.

• 2014-07-16 15:27
  • bCq0

> In reply to S4 @ 2014-07-16 04:34 from R52J - click to readYes, you may face problems with updating.

Now you can't directly install updates via kies if it's not available in Germany and in Malaysia.

However you'll have no issues in functioning.

I advice you to flash the firmware of your own region to get regular updates for your region.

Not necessarily though, as you'll continue to get the update when it lands in Germany.

IF you get any problem with updating firmware, either flash it or go to service center. They'll do it for free.

Have a nice day. Sorry I don't know the exact info about this.

• 2014-07-16 13:47

Dear Darkgamers,

Juz wanna to ask, i already change my firmware by using a firmware under vedafone from Germany, but i bought this phone n im staying in malaysia.
Thats any problem i will facing any problem in future if i use this firmware?

• 2014-07-16 04:34
  • R52J

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-07-15 19:43 from YQrM - click to readYeah that's so true,Samsung rocks in software and stability issues unlike Sony. S4 is really a great buy,yesterday evening i used it like hell,facebook,whats app,viber then watched some videos still it had 46% of juice left in the morning,highly satisfied with it's battery life it reminded me of my Lumia 720 which had equally good battery life.
Thanks for the information bro.

• 2014-07-16 03:11
  • uGZP

after updating 128 mb latest softwer some problem on screen
screen was flashing and dont work proper
please give solution...

• 2014-07-15 19:45
  • fCxh

> In reply to Sam76 @ 2014-07-15 15:18 from GTh6 - click to readActually the question is, why would you want 4.4.4???

The difference between 4.4.2 and 4.4.4 is only a couple of bug fixes in stock android. Samsung already has fixed those bugs and now we don't have any of those bugs on 4.4.2. So it's practically 4.4.4

The reason sony had to do it is that sony uses a lot of stock android in their UI.

The difference is just copying and pasting a few lines of code. That's why sony is fast.

Sony will be super slow in the next android release.

For example:

s4 and HTC m7 got kitkat in february

Z1 and Z ultra which were newer flagships( released in Q3 or Q$ 2013) got kitkat in late april

Xperia Z which was released at the same time as s4 got in in early june.

Don't compare these small tweaks. It takes less than a day to implement them.

And the next OS update s4 will get, it'll get the new touchwiz used in s5 and that takes time to prepare.

I bet we'll get android L faster than even Z2. Samsung rocks in software and stability updates.

• 2014-07-15 19:43
  • YQrM

> In reply to Tanya S @ 2014-07-15 17:28 from kaKP - click to readReg: Cases... may be I would be the one who have max cases for S4 in this world :) Started with S view to UAG cases from US i have tried.. my kiddo is too smart tht he pull it out if case and throw it down!! So was keep changing casez when he learn how to pull out from one case.

• 2014-07-15 19:29
  • vGQ9

> In reply to Nik Vel @ 2014-07-15 17:21 from vGQ9 - click to readIt's best to always have on a case because I didn't bother to have on a case when it fell down the road

• 2014-07-15 17:28
  • kaKP

> In reply to Nik Vel @ 2014-07-15 17:21 from vGQ9 - click to readSame here I dropped my phone a lot and all only around the lining is scratched because it fell down a road and when I painted a case with nail polish it catched in around the lining but I try removing and most of it is gone

• 2014-07-15 17:27
  • kaKP

> In reply to coffix @ 2014-07-14 20:39 from 6Pa5 - click to readI am using S4 since an year and i have dropped my phone hell lottt times. My kid who is around 2 yrs have thrown it like anything as he need to watch rhymes in this when he take food. I have no issue with ths phone even after all these. But yes there are scratches on the silver/metal lining on the side.

• 2014-07-15 17:21
  • vGQ9

> In reply to darkgamer @ 2014-07-15 03:52 from YQrM - click to readHey darkgamer,i had an xperia-t before this,i was just going through it's specs in which gs marena mentioned "upgradable to 4.4.4" same with xperia tx/sp/v,the older models getting the latest update,is S4 gonna get it this month??

• 2014-07-15 15:18
  • GTh6

When my phone battery charge is below 50% that time...my phone automatically will off when I go to camera or other app...actually I cant understand what the problem ...my phone original s4...gtl9500.....any help?

• 2014-07-15 11:35
  • fxHd

> In reply to boo @ 2014-07-14 22:49 from s1dG - click to readYour phone is duplicate.

• 2014-07-15 08:23
  • rAP2

Just analtzed b4 samsung touch wiz ..lg optimus UI and HTC sense. Defaulf android UI are nothing.

Sam Touch wiz is giving highend..rich multi media experience....

• 2014-07-15 05:59
  • fCx}

The best phone ever.

Just hold it in your hand without Cover case.

S4 user will know how premium it is..

Look better than S5 with sharp thin silver lining edges wen compared to S5.

• 2014-07-15 04:51
  • ut1P

> In reply to boo @ 2014-07-14 22:49 from s1dG - click to readFeel sorry of you get trashed by s4, we enjoying using s4 while you unlucky to get trashed. Spend the money for trashed.

• 2014-07-15 04:29
  • R52J

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-14 20:13 from uu9C - click to readS4 is better than nexus 5.

• 2014-07-15 03:52
  • YQrM

> In reply to M.M.5 @ 2014-07-15 03:06 from rsZy - click to readYou can flash it manually but that will require downloading the firmware and flashing it via odin. It's a complex process.

If you go to a samsung store, they use the same odin and will update it for free.

• 2014-07-15 03:51
  • YQrM

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-14 19:28 from 6Pb4 - click to readI have dropped s4 numerous times (around 30 times) and there are just small scratches here and there and the screen is intact.

I have not dropped my g2 and I'm not going to as it looks fragile and I don't want to lose it.

G2 has really thin bezels and that means very low impact resistance.

• 2014-07-15 03:49
  • YQrM
Total of 16317 user reviews and opinions for Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4.