Sony Xperia tipo - user opinions and reviews

Sony

6.5
6.3
6.2

I am using this phone since last week.
This is my first Android Experiance.
It is simply awsome packed with android ICS 4.0.4 onbord.
I dnt no y all are quareling about the "Touch Issue".
I could'nt find any such issue. It goes unresponsive for 1 or 2 seonds in a day.
Is it a touch issue?
I had Used all Nokia Touch phones, coz i was working in a Nokia Care.
I think that 1 or two Second Freezing is a normal issue for a "Smartphone.."
Sales Package Contents in India: Handset, Screengard,Charger(also ucan use as USB cable),Sterio Headset, Guides.

Now these are the pro. and con.

1. Gud Display Clarity.320x480 thats also gud. All apps workng well.
2. No laging. I installed 60 Apps and using 4.1 JB launcher. Installd Dead Trigger, Zombia, Fruit Ninja. All games runnig well.
3. Internal Stoage. 2.15GB For ur Media. 754MB for ur Apps.
U can also move ur apps to internal storage without using app2SD app (not all app).
4. Hardware used by SONY is great. Considering as a Entry Level its hardware is "PREMIUM LOOK".
5. Earpece and Speaker volume s v.gud. It s gud enough to play ur video/audio files.

1. The charger length is only 1 Meter. It is relly annoying me. I cant use my phone while charging.( it s nt big issue, bt upto me, i was using nokia & now i hav a ASUS eee pc, they hav gud length chargers)
2 Power/Lock butten is small. It s difficult to find that in dark. It has no errection, it s sticking with tha back panel!!!
3. camera not gud, bt not Bad at all!!(Consdring the price)
4. U cant play 480p & HD videos without laging. I tried MX with ARMv7 Codec, Mobo Player etc. No way to to fix that. 360p videos running smoothly without any issue.
5. Battery life s Avrg. If u wish to browse web all d day, u shud charge ur tipo 2 or 3 times in a day. If ur a moderate user its battery last 1 day withuot any issue.( I think Android s a "Battery Eater")

Finaly, If u wish to buy a Branded Budget Android ICS Handset No doubt it is the best Choice.
U won't dispontd for byng this cute little XPERIA. That s SONY. Considr that before byng KARBON, SPICE,MMX that all craps.

• 2012-10-28 02:39
  • uvtJ

got one, it was very attractive price - 67 pounds.
Screen is slow from time to time, the back button is slow. Camera not great.
It is good for the price, no question. But I will exchange it for HTC Radar and Windows 7!! Can you believe how affordable they are now :)
Here RAM memory is only 410MB and 300 is full with some android crap, that can not be stopped/killed. Works OK , yet. The keyboard is tiny. Nice for beginners. 1-2 days battery endurance.

• 2012-10-28 01:29
  • pYyA

Jst go for sony. sony is the best mobile menu company sony have a advance technology then any other brand. Samsung is a chip copy of apple, while HTC don"t have a price wise specifiacation. Sony have a better dispaly sound system camera and hardware. Sony's cell never been hanged. Keep it up Sony.

• 2012-10-27 22:07
  • utrE

My xperia tipo keeps on searching or downloading "powerphplist.png" and i am not able to get rid of this process even after rebooting,removing battery sim,memory card.
(I suspect this comes from one of the email from accounting forum, where at the bottom there was brown color icon "POWERED BY PHP LIST" which i wrongly clicked)

What it is? and how can i get rid of it. thanks in advance.

• 2012-10-27 21:55
  • wdRd

nice handset.....

• 2012-10-27 20:25
  • 9xpe

for those who are trolling about their LWW anf said dat it will get jb update than tipo, here is the answer..

hxxp://xperiablog.net/2012/10/19/sony-mobile-
confirms-2011-xperia-devices-will-not-get-jelly-­bean/

just change "xx" to "tt"...

• 2012-10-27 20:11
  • t7X2

using tipo for almst a week..touch xperience was bad at first...touch calibration changed frm service centre.Nw its great !
gud in batery lyf and internet brwsng..
it's d best u can buy below 10000

• 2012-10-27 19:48
  • U@dh

> In reply to swapnali @ 2012-10-27 18:11 from PEFV - click to readACE far better,,tipo hv still touch problem.

• 2012-10-27 19:24
  • t}a}

• 2012-10-27 19:10

• 2012-10-27 19:09

• 2012-10-27 19:08
  • utLX

y my prev comment not posted yet GSMARENA'?

• 2012-10-27 18:39
  • uvXI

> In reply to ch!rag @ 2012-10-26 20:46 from utrI - click to readDude it has to support, coz its a android ICS......

• 2012-10-27 18:37
  • utHP

I am also planning to buy this cell tell me guys is it better then galxy y duos

• 2012-10-27 18:25
  • t@AZ

> In reply to ch!rag @ 2012-10-26 20:46 from utrI - click to readyes it do support.. temple run and Agent dash

• 2012-10-27 18:16
  • sGPh

Please suggest me in between samsung ACE , HTC explorer and this Sony tipo...........

• 2012-10-27 18:11
  • PEFV

My friend who is using this device (XPERIA TIPO)tell me that all things TOUCH,GAMING,INTERNET BROWSING,CAMERA is good but a problem with its body which look ugly after using 1month........its not shiny and good as shown in pictures on net & web....!

• 2012-10-27 18:02
  • 7tDi

Today tried a Tipo in another shop: screen unresponsive once again. That phone is a joke. Will wait for E or buy Miro, hope it is better.

• 2012-10-27 17:51
  • py7J

I m buying this mobile is this mobile upgradable to andriod jelly beam 4.1 os??

• 2012-10-27 17:27
  • P$b{

> In reply to Ammu @ 2012-10-27 16:50 from t1$F - click to readDont worry its best phone. Go for it

• 2012-10-27 17:19
  • tUsZ
Total of 4802 user reviews and opinions for Sony Xperia tipo.