Anonymous, 14 Mar 2009Wifi is wireless internet. You can have secured wifi, which requires authorisation to access ... morethank you, that helped. another question, maybe u can help with. if i am using a pay as you go sim card, am i charged for using wifi and if so, is it expensive?
Anonymous, 14 Mar 2009i dont understand how wifi works. can someone please explain? can i connect to any wireless in... moreWifi is wireless internet. You can have secured wifi, which requires authorisation to access the network. Or unsecured Wifi, which anyone can access if they are within the range of the Wifi transceiver.
i dont understand how wifi works. can someone please explain? can i connect to any wireless internet around me?
I just bought 5800. It came with V11 software. I upgraded it to V20 . A Couple of points I would like to mention.
1) Excellent Screen Display
2) Touch-response is good
3) Impressive list of features
4) Wi-Fi/GPS works well
1) Camera is not very good when taking photos/videos indoors. Infact it is a disappointment as I thought it would be comparable to that of N73(Both are 3.2MP Carl Zeiss). However it has a feature of video light where the twin-LED flash remains on continuously while recording video - something which can be used as a flashlight/torch in case of emergency.
2) Also I have a problem regarding Wi-Fi. I am able to work with Wi-Fi Internet at my home without any glitch but at my work place, where we access Wi-Fi interent thru a proxy-server, there are no settings(or I couldn't find them) to insert any proxy-server IP Address and port settings in the phone's browser.
3) As it is having only touch/stylus as input u sometimes miss presence of atleast scroll keys.
4) Not many softwares are yet available for S60 5th edition. Many of the existing softwares available do not get installed.
If anybody has any answers/questions feel free to mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yeah its a gud phone to have...Gud camera n a great music n No need to worry abt d msging its as easy as normal phones...
I purchased 5800 2 months back. Very imprsses with battery backup. But main problem with 5800 is the voice variation problem. As given in Nokia.in section this needs to be given for checkup and repair. Impressed with the speed with which Nokia care has done it.
Overall the phone is worth for Rs 22000/- although Nokia cheated and slashed the price within 2 months upto 2K.
I am planning to buy nokia 5800.
Can anyone please clear my doubts? I have 2 questions and would be very glad to find answers:
1) Is it possible that we can use 3rd party GPS that will be free for life time, because nokia maps are only for 3 or 6 months free time?
2) How is the speed of Internet using WiFi Lan? Does WiFi speed depends on cpu speed cos CPU is not that powerful in this mobile as compared to some other phones.
Finally how is the overall phone?
karan, 14 Mar 2009If it was not turning on then what exactly they have done with it and what did they tell you a... morethey fixed mine. they changed the board becaus. don't worry they will fix yours ...
if you don't get your phone on the time they alloted, then call them and the most effective is to email them. yep! email them!
jono, 14 Mar 2009can someone help me please. transferred some music fro itune to my nokia 5800, but won't play,... moreMaybe your itune stuff is DRM protected..., so you have to remove DRM with computer or try to disable DRM in your phone stings, if that works?
can someone help me please. transferred some music fro itune to my nokia 5800, but won't play, it says Generl System error. same thing when i transferred a movie from i tune, general system error it said. help.
Marlon Smith, 13 Mar 2009Can the Nokia 5800 do Intelesync? Does it have mail exchange server? The phone sounds good, bu... moreI hv downloaded mail for exchange. Able to sync with my company server and using it now exactly like blackberry function. Excellence
I have this phone for a month now and so far so good! I really love the phone!
Gene_Pinoy, 12 Mar 2009My phone was not turning on and not charging. I am still waiting for the latest update here in... moreIf it was not turning on then what exactly they have done with it and what did they tell you about their resolution. Just to inform you that i have submitte my phone on 8th and they have given me a target date of 21st mar. Not sure whether i will be receiving my handset by then.....
Can the Nokia 5800 do Intelesync? Does it have mail exchange server? The phone sounds good, but need the above funtionality. Please someone answer me...
I am very happy with the phone. But can any one give me a avi player for it? Plz.............
Amlan, 13 Mar 2009I have d 5800 XM Blue version. Is d firmware update available in Bangladesh 4 my version???If U have the unlimited internet on ur mobile then U can check it from ur mobile( that the best way) or else go to nokia's web site, and as faar i know no update is available right now if u have .008 version
can anyone tell me about its sound quality... can we compare its sound quality (headphone) with ipod or N91... pls help...