killersmith, 28 Jan 2009even i have bought it for 18500 from Mumbai, India. it is also China made. here are the answer... moredude, i actually had the theme effects off.. they work on my BLUe set... but trust me dude,, they're just a gimmick... they make the fone reallly slow...
By the way, did u create any themes on www.ownskin.com ? I did, but while installing, it said theme not compatible on the phone...
why dont u try installling my theme on ur fone??? here's the link.. lemme know if it works on ur fone
all those who have earpiece problem, did going to Nokia for repair corrected it or not?
can't we check this earpiece issue at the shop while purchasing, by calling someone.
well.i compare an i-phone,an htc and a nokia 5800.
there is no critics.
i-phone is special in a field,htc also and nokia 5800 too.but for my opinion nokia 5800 is user friendly.i bet u will find it true.so cheer up,all of u who want a nokia 5800,i-phone or htc go and grab it!enjoy
nokia 5800 is amazing!
all those who find it wrong then that for u:
the phone is good its u people who r bad!
To H.W. i am from egypt also and i have the hanging problem wiz my 5800 phone,,it's very annoying,,,i wanted to know if the update will terminate that problem or not,,and if there is any other details about the contact in serag mall
ever1 pay attention
if u all need free full applications n games n ny prob regarding this piece i.e. 5800,then i m giving u direct link to this forum
1]link for softwares- http://www.frendz4m.com/forum/showthreads-2-3-902855.htm
2]link for games n applications-http://www.frendz4m.com/forum/showforums-15-19.htm
here u just need to hav a valid email address through vch u vl hav to make a free registration at this forum
actualy it would b better if u visit the homepage of these links i.e.www.frendz4m.com n there make a free registration n then visit these links
n this site has many many great features vch u would enjoy
n other site is www.dotsis.com
here also u hav to follow the same procedure as above bt the above links r different they r nt of dotsis.com site
bye n best of luck enjoy the piece
this phone sucks big time/...........i had 5610 which had the same restart problem as this........the camera resolution is a crap one ...........better of going for omnia or F480
Dash, 01 Feb 2009Hi every one,
Below is my personal review of the Nokia 5800 Express Music - This is an hone... moreLike Say Before have 4 betwen family and freinds and all fail on the ear piece on all 5800 and defective and had to take it to the shop I buy to change.
I do agree with most of your comments. Thanks for great write up.
I already owns N73. need to know camera quality between N73 and 5800.
plz help frnds.
Hi every one,
Below is my personal review of the Nokia 5800 Express Music - This is an honest fair and balanced review on the phone. Every thing i have written is based on fact and honesty.
First of all every one needs to STOP COMPARING THE 5800 TO THE iPHONE - its half the price and half as refined! - There i said it! So if you think your getting an iPhone for half the price you are wrong!
1. Big, bright screen and awesome power saving clicker on the side!
2. Awesome home screen shortcuts for clock, profile, connections, and media menu!
3. Loud speakers and great media player that plays mp3's, flash and videos.
4. Web browsing is awesome and supports flash!!
5. Awesome sensor settings for snooze and silent mode
1. Screen rotation is too sensitive - personally i turned it off due to ultra sensitivity. There sould be a manual rotation option in menu screen. (WTF NOKIA!)
2. There is a lag in text input when typing messages and emails that gets annoying and another thing is that you cannot start new sentence in text input field when web browsing (WTF NOKIA!)
3. Phone crashes a lot, especially when doing heavy web browsing, usiing multiple applications at same time, and sometimes it crashes for no reason! There should have been more RAM (WTF NOKIA!)
4. Touch screen takes a little time to get used to but once you have used to as there is a major lag - using nails is only sure shot way to use phone.
5. Scrolling sucks - especially when looking for a contact without typing in their name. Scroll bat also sucks when scrolling to find a songs or an artists. There is no song search!! (WTF Nokia!)
1. The ear piece on my 5800 was also defective and had to take it to the Nokia store to have it fixed.
2. Another this is that the backup and restore feature built into the phone doesnt work due to lack of RAM! - so get ready to loose all your data!
3. Nokia music store software is rubbish and crashes often when downloading multiple songs at the same time - It also takes all your music rights away from you when it feels like and you have to re-sync it to your computer to get it back
Over all the phone feels like its on a continues lag and is glitchy due to lack of allocated RAM.
The Pros and Cons kind of balance out and you are left with a phone that is exactly half the price of the iPhone and half as good!
My personal Rating 5/10 - on good days 6/10
to all 5800 users,to download games go to http://dedomil.net/index1.wml and click on N series than games
Anonymous, 01 Feb 2009what is the number to write to know my mobile is what version plzzzzzzzzzz reply *#0000#
to the egyption man, go to Al-Seraag mall #2 in Nasr City floor #2 and aske about Mr. Saameh who can help you to update your version to 11. ,it works perfect with my phone ( cost 40 LE.) good luck_ana masry_ i am from Egypt too
Very good phone apart from the camera...everything works great and have fell in love with this mpbile...
Hi everyone one im thinking of getting this phone but have a few queiries:
- Does it crash a lot?
- is the touch screen reactivity fast?
- is there a lock to stop the touch screen?