Anonymous, 21 Aug 2010You'll need a wifi network to do any serious browsing. Once you get hold of the Android Market... moreNo, the screen is very nice. I have no complaints. I was also skeptical, but still I haven't found anything to crib about.
As per the review, the the screen is difficult to read in direct sunlight but I have also decreased the brightness to minimum to increase battery life.
i have samsung B7300 Is it possible to install Android version in it. Almost all Specs are same between I5800 and B7300?
Maulch, 21 Aug 2010Can This phone be upgraded to Froyo (Android 2.2)?Yes, Samsung will release the froyo updates.
Nekhrun, 21 Aug 2010I bought this phone y'day in Noida at 12000. This is my first touch phone and first android to... moreTo stop applications in the background you can use the task manager or get a task killer from the android store
Nekhrun, 21 Aug 2010I bought this phone y'day in Noida at 12000. This is my first touch phone and first android to... moreYou'll need a wifi network to do any serious browsing. Once you get hold of the Android Market, please tell us if most of the apps work or not. Also, is the screen as bad as everyone says, or are they just being stujpid comparing it with the Galaxy-S.
Galaxy, 21 Aug 2010Can Froyo(Android 2.2) be installed for Samsung Galaxy 3 or Samsung Galaxy apollo?Hi Galaxy,
Samsung Galaxy can be update to Anroid 2.2 (Foryo) but it is no where mentioned about Galaxy Apollo.
I bought this phone y'day in Noida at 12000. This is my first touch phone and first android too. My prev phone is/was SE K510i.
Here's my Day 1 review.
Day 1 Thoughts/feedback
1. Screen is very sensitive, every slight touch s recorded.
2. Ear phone volume is very loud for music files, and speaker volume is loud too for music. Ear phones also provide some passive active noise cancellation too.
3. Tried playing movies, xvid files, in the default player. Volume is low while playing movies, u can hear the dialogues only in a quiet environment. Video resolution is very good, and it is not choppy at all. At times i felt audio/video sync issue in some files, but is is of some 1-2 milliseconds.
4. Can read PDFs, I tried reading a PDF comic, I can read it at some basic zoom. Pinch and zoom also works.
5. Address book is awesome, lots of contact fields.
6. Kinetic scrolling is very good.
7. I created dedicated folders for songs, vdo (xvid files with no format changes), and pdfs. and then just copied files in the the card (2 GB is free) and the phone vdo player detected vdo files, audio player detected audio files, and PDF ran automatically.
8. Lots of ringtones, and quite loud
9. Threaded SMS
Yet to try (any help is appreciated)
1. Figure out how to use Swype, can't find it in the phone anything by that name, but its mentioned on the phone box.
2. How to use Android market. I have just activated GPRS Internet and am not sure if market can open on that sow speed, or needs Wi-fi
3. How to increase battery life
4. How to view/stop applications running in background
5. How to use Android effectively
6. How to use Proximity sensor feature (turn over the phone) to reject a call
7. How to get good volume in xvid files
Can Froyo(Android 2.2) be installed for Samsung Galaxy 3 or Samsung Galaxy apollo?
some reviews say that the volume of the earpiece is pretty low can any one please comment...
KRP, 19 Aug 2010Hi, On resolution,today morning I just browsed some video loaded by the shopkeeper the 2GB ca... morehi krp i request you to download and install launches pro from market and tell us if it is working or not. please try it as it is a very good home screen replacement for android . u should also try against touch wiz . its fast and looks like sense ui . please tell us its our request.
shashank, 20 Aug 2010yeah.... even i was thinking of buying this phone ...... now they have inceased the price to... more more features. in htc wildfire ???? no Samsung galaxy 3 is better then htc , thank you samsung , we all knows samsung is working so hard / No like sony ericsson / and nokia /
KRP, 18 Aug 2010Hi PS/Al,
PL Not that My opinions to be discounted with a fact that I am first user for Andro... morecan any1 tell me how many messages can u store in i5800 g3, bcoz samsung fones have d nasty habit of providing less message storage capacity..!!
pls let me know guys..!
Anonymous, 20 Aug 2010omg. They increased the price of this phone to 12000k on univercell.in. Now I'm beginning to d... moreyeah.... even i was thinking of buying this phone ......
now they have inceased the price to 12000k.... on univercell website...... and that too they have put appox... i think i ll go for htc wildfire... that one is just 2000 more and has got more features...