4 months and I have to say: never thought Google would disappoint me so badly (I'm a Google Fan Boy and I would never recommend Nexus 4 to anyone).
Here is my view of this phone:
- Do not upgrade for Android KitKat, your battery will last 6h at most on a stand-by with Wifi on.
- I was obligated to downgrade from KitKat because the power button stopped working and to fix it, I had to hold it down for 15 seconds to force reboot everyday (yes, everyday).
- After I downgraded, the phone was a lot more pleasant, but in last than 2 weeks usage, the camera stopped working properly; now when I take picture, the camera freezes and takes 2 to 3 seconds to complete the task.
- This week my mobile wifi connection stopped working. I've tried 3 different places with wifi connection (home, girlfriend's home and work place). The wifi would connect normally, but neither website nor google maps would work. The problem cease to exist after a week and I have no idea why.
- Windows computers no longer recognize my phone as a media device. I've tried changing the USB configuration at Storage Information, tried turning on USB Debugging, etc, etc. Just can't access my phone storage through a computer.
- The back of the phone is made of weak glass. When I bought it, I didn't know there was a skin that could be placed at the back of it to prevent it from breaking. The first fall my phone took was about 15 inches and it landed on it's back. Glass broke.
I migrated from Sony Ericsson Sk17i (Mini Pro) to this phone. Huge price leap and huge hardware configuration. Turns out, I think Android 2.3 was just less buggy than the new versions. Every now and then the OS bugs something.
statik, 24 Apr 2014Guys, am having a problem with the sensor, anytime i receive a call the screen goes off, even ... moreIt should be your screen protector covering the sensor. Get a one with a cutout for the sensor area.
please do not buy nexus .. there is no quality ,from the time i got it ...there is some or other problem ... now phone is not switching on also ..
hello guys i just want to give opinions..dont give such a crappy comments about the phone such as lags while playing games..that is minor problems..not a major problems..watch youtube u will see what nexus 4 capable of..the phone gets hot is because the processor is working..no phone will cool down whenever it is running..
Guys, am having a problem with the sensor, anytime i receive a call the screen goes off, even if i pass my finger over the sensor it doesn't respond. if there is any help let me know. thnx
None, 18 Apr 2014Seriously good phone. Seriously fragile. Be careful. is very fragile and has a manufacturer's defect that causes it to overheat. also if you buy the handset insurance they will charge you a deductible that is equal to the independent price of fixing the device. once the screen is damaged it probably won't work at all. a large percentage of people who bought this phone cracked the display within the first month. i have never broken a phone in my life, and had a hard protective case on it, yet a small drop (less than a foot) cracked the display and rendered it completely unuseable- one crack from lefthand upper corner to righthand upper corner.
Help me guys recently i brought nexus 4 its in official kitkat 4.4.2 . wheny i played subwey suffer or templerun 2 and shadowgun dead zone ,asphlat8 all these games are slightly lags in my nexus 4 what the hell is it has quad core and 2gb ram the normal games and high games are lags in this why what should i do sale my phone ? Or some what my phone is used not new .my previous phone is xperia t .
saadkhabab, 23 Apr 2014i want to buy nexus 4 or galaxy s3 which is better plz help me.which one should i buy?nexus 4 !!
i want to buy nexus 4 or galaxy s3 which is better plz help me.which one should i buy?
More than excellent phone..very fast and responsive ...one year now and it works great...
I dropped it many times..last time part of the screen broken..still works..better than iPhone and Samsung...high quality..if I upgrade i will buy the nexus 5
upgraded my nexus 4 to 4.4.2 and been really good. but im having one problem, i cant find the setting to change the keyboard skin. i had done this before ( dont remember how) but im not able to find this setting now. please help me, thank you.
i bought this phone 1 month ago after bricking my atrix 2 and it took my experience with android phones on different level. seriously guys performance, battery life, screen quality, voice quality over a call, playing heavy games and all this with latest kitkat 4.4.2 this phone handles very well. didn't find single lag..This phone is a Beast..
Great phone. Have it for almost an year now and all applications work great ( games too ). Didn't have a problem with it, dropped it a few times ( from my pocket ) and it still works.
Great design, great screen sensitivity, very good camera.
- : doesn't come with a headset :)
It's a best deal IMO
A great phone. Have been using it for last 1 year now. Hardy hangs... No performance lags. Good photos & a decent battery life (lasts 1 day). The only flaw is the glassy back it has for which you can buy a protector.
So, I would definitely recommend this to ppl thinking of buying this one!